Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is a Big Wide Receiver Next In Line For The Colts?

As I said above as well as Smonroe right after, he is a perfect candidate for the Practice Squad.

Last year we kept our tallest receiver on the PS...Kris Adams.  Kelly to me would be great as a back-up plan for injury...maybe could show us something big on the Special Teams this pre-season...

As Kevin Bowen says above, the last receiver spot looks to be Palmer/Whalen.  I am sure most of the board has Whalen because of Pep, but I feel we are making a huge mistake is we let Palmer go.  He was a West Coast Terror in college with Harnish as his QB...I can live with either one, but Palmer is healthy...not coming off of injury...thoughts Anton?  Guys??? :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:

For me, right now, it's probably Palmer too. That being said, I think different skill sets can often be overplayed, production is the key, and whoever really performs in pre-season games should make the cut. I think Whalen would have made it last year if not for injury, if he has a similar pre-season, he could squeeze in. Rumble is interesting as well. Who knows....

For me, right now, it's probably Palmer too. That being said, I think different skill sets can often be overplayed, production is the key, and whoever really performs in pre-season games should make the cut. I think Whalen would have made it last year if not for injury, if he has a similar pre-season, he could squeeze in. Rumble is interesting as well. Who knows....

I agree.....

I happen to be one not 'stuck' on Whalen.  I do like the 'hands' he showed....I like Rumble's name...:)  Just like C O Prime as a LB???  :)

I wouldn't count him out too quickly though. I think he's got a good shot to have a good year and earn another contract. Especially with him being able to play with a good QB and not changing QBs every 5 games. Now if he does flop then yeah a high pick on a WR becomes very likely.

i'm not saying he'll play poorly, or that he is a bust, i'm actually very excited to see him play with a talented qb..

but i have a feeling he's here on a one year stop, to raise his worth for next year's free-agency..

i really don't know what to think of his one year deal..

i'm not saying he'll play poorly, or that he is a bust, i'm actually very excited to see him play with a talented qb..

but i have a feeling he's here on a one year stop, to raise his worth for next year's free-agency..

i really don't know what to think of his one year deal..

His deal is basically a prove yourself deal. If does well then he very well may get another contract. But I see what your say in.