Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 05/15

sb41champs

SORRY THIS IS BEING POSTED LATE THIS WEEK !!

Which individual do you think should be inducted in to the Colts "Ring of Honor" this season:

A.  Bill Polian

B.  Peyton Manning

C.  Tarik Glenn

D.  Some other former Colt (specify)

D.  Jeff Saturday.

Polian will get his turn but I am not fully convinced he's done working or NFL teams yet and I am also not sure if the fans are ready to have him come back and have that honor yet.

Peyton is still playing they wont do it while he's still playing. Once he's done I think the Ring of Honor will be a part of a whole bunch of things the Colts to honor him,officially retiring his number, maybe having him retire a Colt, and maybe even a statue of him outside LOS.

Glenn I think should go up but the fact they have put up players who retired after him (Edge and Marvin) might be a clue the Colts aren't going to give him that honor which I think is too bad. 

He has to retire & wait 5 years 1st I believe, but #18 is definitely a HOF shoe in no question.  :D  ;)

Yeah but the question was about the Ring of Honor not the Hall of Fame. I don't think there is a years retired requirement for that.  Heck I guess in theory they could put him in there now but I don't see them doing it or Peyton showing up to accept it while he's still playing.

Yeah but the question was about the Ring of Honor not the Hall of Fame. I don't think there is a years retired requirement for that.  Heck I guess in theory they could put him in there now but I don't see them doing it or Peyton showing up to accept it while he's still playing.

Yeah, I messed up on the question.  haha The ability to laugh at yourself is always a good thing IMHO. I agree 100% with you Jeff Saturday is retired now & beloved in INDY so it makes perfect sense GC8818. Is WR Marvin Harrison in there yet? I'm just asking. 

Yeah, I messed up on the question.  haha The ability to laugh at yourself is always a good thing IMHO. I agree 100% with you Jeff Saturday is retired now & beloved in INDY so it makes perfect sense GC8818. Is WR Marvin Harrison in there yet? I'm just asking. 

Yep Marvin went in there during the very forgettable 2-14 season I believe. 

Polian will get his turn but I am not fully convinced he's done working or NFL teams yet and I am also not sure if the fans are ready to have him come back and have that honor yet.

Polian is done doing the GM front office gig IMO. ESPN kisses his backside a lot, he gets to work with Bill Parcels & he loved to quote Bill's line "You are what your record says you are" constantly, & the money is fantastic. Polian isn't leaving ESPN anytime soon. Think of Bill Polian like a permanent light fixture that never leaves the comfort of Connecticut.