Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bjoern Werner talks about his Rookie Camp

UKColt13

Mr. Werner speaks English quite well. My uncle  was married to a woman whose native language was French & sometimes the arrangement of the parts of speech particularly the verb, adjective, adverb placement of words was difficult as she jumped from English to French & back again. My point is that daily language between team mates can be tough when words & meanings of those words have different meanings/connotations from German to English & back again. 

He seems to be curious, well disciplined, respectful of authority, seeks out advice from seasoned veterans like Robert Mathis on learning the ropes & tricks of the trade the correct way technique wise, & he looks everyone in the eye & listens. I like Mr. Werner a lot & I want him to flourish in INDY & I think he will exceed my expectations. A great addition to our organization!  :thmup:   :coltslogo:

Mr. Werner speaks English quite well. My uncle  was married to a woman whose native language was French & sometimes the arrangement of the parts of speech particularly the verb, adjective, adverb placement of words was difficult as she jumped from English to French & back again. My point is that daily language between team mates can be tough when words & meanings of those words have different meanings/connotations from German to English & back again. 

He seems to be curious, well disciplined, respectful of authority, seeks out advice from seasoned veterans like Robert Mathis on learning the ropes & tricks of the trade the correct way technique wise, & he looks everyone in the eye & listens. I like Mr. Werner a lot & I want him to flourish in INDY & I think he will exceed my expectations. A great addition to our organization!  :thmup:   :coltslogo:

I concur with your assessment.

I am a huge believer in diversity, and the positive aspects it can being to a team atmosphere. What I like about BW is that he is not just playing for himself. He is playing for all of the football fans in his country, and I truly believe him when he says that he wants to make football a popular sport in his country.

I guess I have always been fascinated by people who live in other countries outside the United States. Language, culture, climate, terrain, cuisine, art, museums, government, economy, & religion. What is the biggest misconception we have about them as a society & they about us. How do they accept facets of the West or America without forgetting where they came from?

The historian inside of me wants to hear what your most prized documents, landmarks, past times are. And, I love watching newscasts in foreign countries because you can see if the regime in control is corrupt or not, the value of their currency, what business & industry the citizenry is employed by or through, & if you monitor their budget/Parliament you can tell what it's leaders & powers brokers value. Also, skim their newspapers & how free or restrictive is their access to the internet by the masses?

Different holiday celebrations are cool too. After a couple of training camps, Werner will feel more relaxed & show more of his German homeland & that more private side of himself among close team mates in the locker room. Diversity builds brotherhood & that chemistry creates a bond that is iron clad tight & refuses to let your team mates down.

He is playing for all of the football fans in his country, and I truly believe him when he says that he wants to make football a popular sport in his country.

An excellent point BlueShoe! BW is playing for an entire country & his success in the NFL will lead more German citizens & curious citizens across Europe to ask more questions about American Football & how the rules of the game are interpreted & enforced. It will never replace the popularity of Soccer or Rugby naturally, but following a fellow countryman who was born in the same neighborhood as BW or just blocks away can make an entire country beam with national pride & that is a great thing to see, hear, & especially feel. Well said Blue Shoe!

This is 1 of the reasons I was so disappointed to see NFL Europe dismantled. It was like a foreign exchange on both sides. American Football players could travel throughout Europe when not playing football & see the countryside, drink a pint of Guinness, travel by train to say the Palace of Versailles, see kilometers vs miles, and just see a different way of life, more relaxed & not so fast paced & hectic IMO.

It's also good a idea to get step outside your comfort zone once in awhile & do something bold & different that scares the crap out of you like living in a foreign land even if only for 6 months. Plus, Europe has a spectacular public transportation system. You do not need to own a car to get around. In this country, the public transportation system is sadly not wisely invested in & in many circles people who use this mode of transportation are looked down upon & they really shouldn't be IMO, but that is another discussion for a different topic.

In any event, I was really bummed & sad to see NFL Europe abandoned. It seemed to be a great tool for improving an athletes skills & recruiting foreign players to try their hand at American Football. Andrew Luck wouldn't have grown up in Germany without it.

Thank you UKColt13 for posting this topic. I think international Colts fans are awesome & if I ever say something wrong or disrespectful about your country or culture just joking around please tell me.

I wanna hear from everybody & I'm a very patient person so just remember that there is no such thing as a dumb or foolish question. I also believe in an open dialogue with everyone to ask unorthodox questions because you want an accurate answer. No, I don't have all the right answers, but I do enjoy learning something new & expanding my horizons. In a nutshell, if I ever upset someone or misinterpret something significant to anyone about your native country please note that my intent was never to smear, offend, or be disrespectful to any international fan in any way shape or form. Thank you.

Feel free to send me an email/personal message on this site anytime. [This applies to any NFL fan on this site actually.] That reminds I need to delete some messages & get more space there too.

Okay, I'll shut up now. Ha! Ha!

Thank you UKColt13 for posting this topic. I think international Colts fans are awesome & if I ever say something wrong or disrespectful about your country or culture just joking around please tell me.

I wanna hear from everybody & I'm a very patient person so just remember that there is no such thing as a dumb or foolish question. I also believe in an open dialogue with everyone to ask unorthodox questions because you want an accurate answer. No, I don't have all the right answers, but I do enjoy learning something new & expanding my horizons. In a nutshell, if I ever upset someone or misinterpret something significant to anyone about your native country please note that my intent was never to smear, offend, or be disrespectful to any international fan in any way shape or form. Thank you.

Feel free to send me an email/personal message on this site anytime. [This applies to any NFL fan on this site actually.] That reminds I need to delete some messages & get more space there too.

Okay, I'll shut up now. Ha! Ha!

You're most welcome.

And i think if the UK takes any flack on here then it's probably justified. But i will be the first to jump in if it isnt.

LIKE!!! 

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day