Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

>:o

Exodus

Okay, so why in the world do we resign Dan? Its Painters time to shine and we all know it. Did they sign him to start, or to back up Painter?? Im telling you, if Painter only makes HALF the throws Kerry couldn't, we make the playoffs at 10-6. Look at our D, they outplayed the Steelers. And look at our running game. We RAN the ball on the Steelers, Man, none of this makes sense to me...... Why sign a QB who doesn't even know where the back of the end zone is? Go out and grab someone like Dante Culpepper.

.....I just don't get it anymore, nothing these days makes any sense......

Becuase Peyton is hurt and Collins is hurt and the Colts didn't want to go into a game with only Curtis Painter as the only healthy QB on the roster. I love Pat McAfee as much as the next guy. I have no interest in seeing him play QB. So we needed another QB to back up Painter. Orlovsky has at least spent some time in the system so he made the most sense to bring in to back up Painter.

Becuase Peyton is hurt and Collins is hurt and the Colts didn't want to go into a game with only Curtis Painter as the only healthy QB on the roster. I love Pat McAfee as much as the next guy. I have no interest in seeing him play QB. So we needed another QB to back up Painter. Orlovsky has at least spent some time in the system so he made the most sense to bring in to back up Painter.

Exactly....the move made perfect sense. You can't go into the game with Painter as the only healthy QB. If there are any questions about Collins' health and his ability to play in a backup role then you have to add another QB. Like GoColts8818 said right after Collins went down, it was pretty obviously going to be either Hartline from the PS or re-sign Dan since they at least worked in the system through the preseason.

I also am a huge fan of Punter Pat, but I'd rather see him line up for a 70 yard field goal on 1st and 10 than put him in at QB. :)

I still seriously doubt that the defense will play that well every game. They have always been inconsistent. And Painter was just inches from having a pretty bad game. He had no clue where the pressure was coming from and could have turned the ball over 2 or 3 times instead of just once. We are still a way below .500 team I think.

I think the emergency QB is Addain instead of Patty Mac. With what Collins has done Id almost rather have Addai playin QB lol... He did in high school... We could then run the WildJoe offense lol .

But this move made perfect sense. They obviously fealt that Hartline wasnt ready so they brought in Dan. He looked decent in the preseason.

i would also really like to see the 68 yarder from Pat. That would make up for some of this years problems lol

I think the emergency QB is Addain instead of Patty Mac. With what Collins has done Id almost rather have Addai playin QB lol... He did in high school... We could then run the WildJoe offense lol .

But this move made perfect sense. They obviously fealt that Hartline wasnt ready so they brought in Dan. He looked decent in the preseason.

i would also really like to see the 68 yarder from Pat. That would make up for some of this years problems lol

It's McAfee. 1, Caldwell was about it a couple of weeks ago and said it's McAfee. 2, McAfee was on WNDE yesterday joking about how he thought when Harrison hit Painter his moment to be a QB in the NFL was finally here. He went on to say he does know four plays and joked that if they ran them the other way he knows 8 plays.

If we were in the situation where we had to go to Pat (and the way this season is going it might come to that it would fit at this point) all we are going to do is hand the ball off and we are going to need Addai then more than ever. Also since I really doubt the Colts have a wildcat formation and you can't just put one in in the middle of a game Addai needs to stay at his running back spot.

It's McAfee. 1, Caldwell was about it a couple of weeks ago and said it's McAfee. 2, McAfee was on WNDE yesterday joking about how he thought when Harrison hit Painter his moment to be a QB in the NFL was finally here. He went on to say he does know four plays and joked that if they ran them the other way he knows 8 plays.

If we were in the situation where we had to go to Pat (and the way this season is going it might come to that it would fit at this point) all we are going to do is hand the ball off and we are going to need Addai then more than ever. Also since I really doubt the Colts have a wildcat formation and you can't just put one in in the middle of a game Addai needs to stay at his running back spot.

I was just going off of 1070 the fan. I believe it was Dan Dakich that said it was Addai. My post about having a wildcat formation was mostly a joke anyway. But it doesnt seem that it should be that hard. Its the same as a run play without the handoff. The o-line still run blocks. And if there was a hand off to Carter it would be like a regular running play. I dont see the difficulty in that.

Even if it is Pat, Addai would still be the better option. Either way we would most likely lose that game, but Addai actually knows the offese and a lot of the blocking schemes and has played QB before. Just because Addai would be the QB doesnt mean he stops running the ball. I doubt he would become a pocket passer all of a sudden. With him and Carter back there you have two possible playmakers instead of a running back and a punter.

Okay, so why in the world do we resign Dan? Its Painters time to shine and we all know it. Did they sign him to start, or to back up Painter?? Im telling you, if Painter only makes HALF the throws Kerry couldn't, we make the playoffs at 10-6. Look at our D, they outplayed the Steelers. And look at our running game. We RAN the ball on the Steelers, Man, none of this makes sense to me...... Why sign a QB who doesn't even know where the back of the end zone is? Go out and grab someone like Dante Culpepper.

.....I just don't get it anymore, nothing these days makes any sense......

First the Steelers were beat up on the O line, our D should have done MORE damage.

Second, Painter has one "great" series and now he is the flavor of the month? This kid has had boo koo time to "make an impression" and the Colts felt compelled to bring in someone else. And I don't blame them. This team in not going anywhere this year.

The D got up for a prime time home game and "almost" made enough plays to win it for the team, but they didn't. This is nothing new from the Colts with Peyton. The D would come up with "big games" like Pitt last week, but more times than not they relied on Manning to bail them out. We will see much more of the same the rest of the year. Except for no Peyton to bail us out. That is if Caldwell can keep this ship afloat long enough to stay in most games.

\

I'm ready for the welcome Jeff Fisher threads to start.

I was just going off of 1070 the fan. I believe it was Dan Dakich that said it was Addai. My post about having a wildcat formation was mostly a joke anyway. But it doesnt seem that it should be that hard. Its the same as a run play without the handoff. The o-line still run blocks. And if there was a hand off to Carter it would be like a regular running play. I dont see the difficulty in that.

Even if it is Pat, Addai would still be the better option. Either way we would most likely lose that game, but Addai actually knows the offese and a lot of the blocking schemes and has played QB before. Just because Addai would be the QB doesnt mean he stops running the ball. I doubt he would become a pocket passer all of a sudden. With him and Carter back there you have two possible playmakers instead of a running back and a punter.

I listen to 1070 too and Dakich but he often gets things wrong when it comes to stuff this deep because frankly he just doesn't care. Don't get me wrong he does a lot to follow the Colts but he doesn't geek out over it like most of us do (myself included).

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110922/SPORTS03/109220409/Colts-QB-Kerry-Collins-shoulder-injury-limits-practice-time?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CIndyStar.com that's from Philip B. Wilson saying McAfee is the guy, they bring up Addai and like most things Caldwell doesn't completely rule it out as to not tip his hand in case he needs to use it.

First the Steelers were beat up on the O line, our D should have done MORE damage.

Second, Painter has one "great" series and now he is the flavor of the month? This kid has had boo koo time to "make an impression" and the Colts felt compelled to bring in someone else. And I don't blame them. This team in not going anywhere this year.

The D got up for a prime time home game and "almost" made enough plays to win it for the team, but they didn't. This is nothing new from the Colts with Peyton. The D would come up with "big games" like Pitt last week, but more times than not they relied on Manning to bail them out. We will see much more of the same the rest of the year. Except for no Peyton to bail us out. That is if Caldwell can keep this ship afloat long enough to stay in most games.

\

I'm ready for the welcome Jeff Fisher threads to start.

Actually, it was one "great" series, plus a pretty darn good half of football where he pretty much had the defending World Champions beat in the preseason...

Not bad for someone who hasn't been getting reps with the 1st team yet.

I do remember there were a few members here (including me) who felt they should've stuck with Painter over Collins to build on that momentum in the preseason. Smitto was also pretty vocal about it.