Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If the Panther release Deangello Williams

antipatriot

We might be surprised by what a tandem of Ballard, Brown and Kershawn Williams can do behind a better O line.  I like Kershawn ALOT...I think he'll be this year's T.Y. only at RB.  Ballard has heart and is a tough, determined runner.  Brown has home run ability and is decent when healthy.   

No he wasn't....     the other RB on that team was tho...

...   sigh...  

Regardless...    Indy has a "couple" interesting RB prospects waiting...

and they will come cheap.

that guy is injured more than sanders was 

If the Panthers release DeAngelo Williams.............he will be a running back on the free agency market. The name dropping on these forums is exhausting......Jerry Rice still a free agent.........just sayin'

No he wasn't.... the other RB on that team was tho...

... sigh...

Regardless... Indy has a "couple" interesting RB prospects waiting...

and they will come cheap.

It's all relative, I guess. DeAngelo "played" in all 16 games last season, but he didn't do much because he was constantly banged up. With Stewart sidelined with injuries, the Panthers needed more from DW. Suiting up is not the same as bringing value when you need it.

Williams has actually been preserved these last few seasons.  With JStew and Cam he hasn't been asked to carry a significant role, even though he is capable.

He'd be an upgrade over any of our backs, but we can't really afford him, so it's irrelevant.

Can't afford him?  The concept of being cut means he'd get signed to a new salary that measures up to his current abilities.  Put in the vicinity of 1-2 million, and he'd be a worthwhile complement to Ballard.

If this were to happen, I strongly doubt he'd be our starter, as we have a good one (IMO) in Ballard.  But he could be better depth beyond Brown.  If the price is right, he'd be a better option than Carter, and perhaps even Brown.