Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ladies and Gentleman, Our 2013 Draft!

coltsguy510

Im not saying this is our actual draft class and comparing it to other teams. But how many times have you heard people on this forum say that we got the best corner in the draft in the second round. I have, a lot. It's more of me saying that our team will be that much better with these young players that will contribute this year.

I agree completely that our team will be better with these young players, but I just feel that when you're presenting a draft it's strange to add in players who represent picks we gave up or were injured their rookie year. Really it's all semantics, and me bothering to post in the first place was BECAUSE people were saying things like "we got the best CB in the draft in the 2nd round" because that's silly to me. We didn't draft Vontae, he's a product of last year's off-season. It seems strange to me that when judging this years draft someone (and I'm not exactly saying you) would go, "1st round A-, bjoern Werner is solid, 2nd round Vontae Davis is a beast!". 

Like I said it's all semantics, and I wasn't trying to present it like you're wrong or something, but only that I find it very odd that people feel the want to make Vontae Davis synonymous with this draft. Why can't he just be someone we got last year, and these new guys be ones we go this year? :)

I agree completely that our team will be better with these young players, but I just feel that when you're presenting a draft it's strange to add in players who represent picks we gave up or were injured their rookie year. Really it's all semantics, and me bothering to post in the first place was BECAUSE people were saying things like "we got the best CB in the draft in the 2nd round" because that's silly to me. We didn't draft Vontae, he's a product of last year's off-season. It seems strange to me that when judging this years draft someone (and I'm not exactly saying you) would go, "1st round A-, bjoern Werner is solid, 2nd round Vontae Davis is a beast!". 

Like I said it's all semantics, and I wasn't trying to present it like you're wrong or something, but only that I find it very odd that people feel the want to make Vontae Davis synonymous with this draft. Why can't he just be someone we got last year, and these new guys be ones we go this year? :)

I think I'm just saying, look what we got with the second rounder.