Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lawrence Okoye

Just saw an article on nfl.com about him and I like the dude! I sure hope we draft him or that he at least goes undrafted and we take a shot at him then.

I could just see him getting at the QB and giving him a jolly good retort in his English accent.  :strong:  :scoregood:  :cheers:

Here is the article for anyone who cares.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158087/article/lawrence-okoye-impresses-at-super-regional-combine

Just saw an article on nfl.com about him and I like the dude! I sure hope we draft him or that he at least goes undrafted and we take a shot at him then.

I could just see him getting at the QB and giving him a jolly good retort in his English accent.  :strong:  :scoregood:  :cheers:

Here is the article for anyone who cares.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158087/article/lawrence-okoye-impresses-at-super-regional-combine

I'm all for bringing him in, but it looks like SF wants him.

I'm all for bringing him in, but it looks like SF wants him.

I wouldn't doubt that at all but, where did you get the information about what teams are interested? I know the article stated that five teams have shown interest and I was curious as to who...

Is he even eligible for the draft, wouldn't he have to enter the supplementary draft in order to get drafted? If not, he would make a decent Mr irrelevant. Smart guy, has offers from oxford, and of course he is a physical specimen. Now he just needs to learn the game.

From what heard he will sign with a team after the draft

This guy was offered a scholarship to Oxford ...     He is VERY intelligent. 

IMO teams should peg him for the OL.    He would have no problem learning plays and concepts.    And he 'should" be smart enough to understand leverage from coaches.      I would put this kid at OT.

I would love for us to take a shot at him as an undrafted free agent or perhaps even as mr irrelevant, as previously said, he is very intelligent has the physical tools to succeed but what I think is most important is that he is patient. I have watched all his interviews since he entered the draft process and other than being able to gauge his intelligence you can tell he knows that he still has a long way to go and is willing to stay on the practice squad until he and the coaches are comfortable to put him in a situation to start.

I love the potential that he carries and would be thrilled to see him as a colt

Its also good to root for my fellow englishman to get into the NFL  :nfl:  :cheer:  :thmup: