Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Charles Woodson to play nickel and backup at safety?

I think the defense could use some veteran leadership to keep guys like Vontae Davis focused and most contending teams have some wiley vets playing roles...Ravens-Lewis, and Suggs, for example...We still have around 9 million in cap room, if we could sign him for 3 million I think it makes us even better and we can draft or sign another CB next year...

He would be like 4th on the depth chart. $3 million is a lot for a guy that's only gonna see about 100 snaps.

He would be 3rd behind Davis and Toler and would see starting time at safety and cb because injuries will happen..He would be ahead of Butler imo...

He would be 3rd behind Davis and Toler and would see starting time at safety and cb because injuries will happen..He would be ahead of Butler imo...

Butler is better than him at this point in their careers. Woodson was terrible last year playing corner and mediocre playing safety. 

Butler is better than him at this point in their careers. Woodson was terrible last year playing corner and mediocre playing safety. 

I would like us to focus on other areas in the draft and you can never have enough depth at corner, I think he still can cover the teams 3rd or 4th receivers...He won't be asked to do what he did in green Bay here...The market is thin and if you can get hungry vets on the cheap for depth and leadership to help the young guys why not??...I would rather spend the $ on a 1 year deal just in case than not spend it at all...Woodson played hurt last year as well, he isn't far removed from being Defensive Player of the Year 2009...If we don't the 49ers or Pats will....