Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Landry: How Does He Fit

atapcl

I am praying SF wants Bethea.

With all his years of experience and a (Pro-Bowler), why can`t Antoine intercept one pass in a season.

He had the Great Freeney & Mathis scaring QB`s all to.

Oh ya, he did intercept ONE, three seasons ago (2010). LUV him all YOU want. We need a playmaker for the Big $$$ he gets.

Homers luv Moala too!

Well, once again I'll refer to the name Chad Cota. how about Idrees Bashir? Good solid safeties in the NFL don't grow on trees. I hate to see people dumping on Bethea. He's been one of my favorite players over the last several years. Ok, he doesn't make a lot of picks. He had a sub par year last year. He's one of the better safeties in the NFL when he's on top of his game. Turnovers and big plays is why they paid Freeney 17 million a year and Mathis 8 million a year. Bethea signed a 4 year 27 mil deal 3 years ago when he was most certainly considered one of the top safeties in the league.

Go ahead, get rid of him and Bring in Chad Cota or similar. It really ticks me off when fans don't appreciate what they have. It can be and it has been a lot worse than what we have in Bethea. Let the man play his final year of his contract.

I am praying SF wants Bethea.

With all his years of experience and a (Pro-Bowler), why can`t Antoine intercept one pass in a season.

He had the Great Freeney & Mathis scaring QB`s all to.

Oh ya, he did intercept ONE, three seasons ago (2010). LUV him all YOU want. We need a playmaker for the Big $$$ he gets.

Homers luv Moala too!

it was the scheme he was playing. he wasnt playing coverage as often as his first 5 years in the league. the last two years he was bascially playing SS which is a safety playing in the box. he wasnt playing center field like he was use to doing

What the heck is this get rid of Bethea talk? Of course he isn't going to get many picks when we have no D-line to slow down opposing running backs. He's been one of the leading tacklers on our team for the past several years. Continued improvement along the front 7 will allow Bethea to shine in coverage. Plus, We have an AMAZING safety tandem ladies and gentlemen. When you add Landry to the mix, he is a more in the box, knock your block off type of player, so Bethea will get more opportunities in coverage as well. If both stay healthy, we could have one of the best safety tandems the leauge has seen in a while.

Landry is a Pro Bowl level SS. He brings Bob Sanders ability in a bigger body. He will allow Bethea to move back to the FS role he played when he made the Pro Bowl. Landry will help in run defense and in slowing down the passing game. Last year I thought we had the best core of young receivers we had ever brought in together. This year I feel the same about the DB core and Landry tops the group off.

"Landry is a Pro Bowl level SS" - no he is not.  He's been there but he's not the caliber of player who deserves that distinction.

"He brings Bob Sanders ability in a bigger body" - no he does not.  Bob Sanders was SO much better than Landry.

"Landry will help in run defense and in slowing down the passing game" - no, he won't.  He's a liability in the passing game.

"This year I feel the same about the DB core and Landry tops the group off." - Landry is your worst starting defensive back.  Bethea is good, Toler is good, Davis is good... Landry will make a few highlight plays but his overall play will leave you wanting for more.  You may even like the guy at first for his tenacity but eventually you'll be forced to take note of all the bad angles he takes, how often he fails to wrap up tacklers while trying (and failing) to blow them up, and how iffy his coverage ability is.

Hmm...how does Landry fit...I say he fits his shoulder pad right into the middle of a WR coming over the middle and decleats him after a reception, causing a fumble that he or another member of the defensive secondary recovers. That's how I see him fitting. Bob Sanders 2.0 with better health (knock on wood).

Remember, Landry crushed Dallas Clark's wrist, and Dallas never fully recovered mentally, IMO. He alligator-armed balls all of 2011. He was ok in Tampa this past season, but nowhere near what he once was. Good to have this guy on OUR side now.

Landry has missed 17 games in the last 4 seasons.  That's not Bob Sanders bad but it is bad.

As I said above, it's a serious disservice to Bob Sanders to make that comparison.

no the colts have just asked him to play SS because our other safeties couldnt tackle my 6 year old niece. you forget bethea when he was playing centerfield made him a pro bowler. with landry, bethea doesnt have to play near the box anymore and that why i think his production has dumped the last couple of years. hes a much better safety when hes playing center field then when hes playing in the box

I have said the same before not hating on Bethea but his supporting cast hurt him .But i still would look for a safety in draft this year or next before i gave him a decent contract.Hes not getting younger i know he has a few years left but why not get youth in draft to maintain our team for years to come?

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, March 16, 2013 - personal shot
Hidden by -JJ-, March 16, 2013 - personal shot

Who the heck you calling loser kid? Yeah some of are fan are pathetic, like you. Bethea looked like a % sandwich last year. You upgrade whatever position you can upgrade. If its me, I would trade bethea for a nice pick and sign reed. Then draft a fs. Cause I'm not a blind homer

you, loser... you're also adorable.. and again thank god you're not in charge of this team.. haha "a blind homer" oh brother... I love *s who make NO sense but just ramble ramble ramble and dig dig dig for something to say.. yeah homegirl, you're pathetic

you, loser... you're also adorable.. and again thank god you're not in charge of this team.. haha "a blind homer" oh brother... I love . who make NO sense but just ramble ramble ramble and dig dig dig for something to say.. yeah homegirl, you're pathetic

Mommy let you back on the big boy computer? Find some kids to play with you *. Learn to read before you bump your money maker.

Mommy let you back on the big boy computer? Find some kids to play with you *. Learn to read before you bump your money maker.

haha still diggin? I like it, you had to resort to the "learn to read" approach, didn't see that coming... my point exactly.. from the goober who put 'are' when it should have been 'our' when replying to my comment earlier.. you really told me... 

orrrr how abouttttt the:

"I run my own business. Sometimes my guys like to make the cash instead of earn it and I'm not ok with that and I let them know it. If you're not cutting it I will get someone who will. Or your pay will be lowered. We can be friends, we can be cool. But business/work comes first. Period."... lol what??...

Yeah sweetheart, you're ADORABLE

On the Bethea talk:  If you think getting rid of Bethea is wise then you need to really look around the league at other FS's and then look at Bethea, you won't find many that are as good as him.  Heck, him moving back to FS will definitely do wonders, seeing as that's his original position.  And I know I have him as my avi, but I'm not speaking with bias.  If we get rid of him, you want to replace him with Reed?  Reed has been healthy for the most part but I guarantee you with no Ngata and Suggs holding up those big bad OL, Reed will see more contact and at his age I don't think that is a good thing.

Now to Landry:  He is now my favorite player on this team.  I think he is going to bring that swagger that I have long lusted for this team's defense.  He's going to bring that nasty and physical mentality to this team.  Look for him to be our locker room leader, him and redding.  I hope he can stay healthy.  But usually the high impact players are the ones that get hurt the most.

haha still diggin? I like it, you had to resort to the "learn to read" approach, didn't see that coming... my point exactly.. from the goober who put 'are' when it should have been 'our' when replying to my comment earlier.. you really told me...

orrrr how abouttttt the:

"I run my own business. Sometimes my guys like to make the cash instead of earn it and I'm not ok with that and I let them know it. If you're not cutting it I will get someone who will. Or your pay will be lowered. We can be friends, we can be cool. But business/work comes first. Period."... lol what??...

Yeah sweetheart, you're ADORABLE

Look here bud, you came at me with your little childish nonsense calling me a loser...and pathetic. What goes on in your little mentally challenged mind I have no idea. Sorry to have an opinion of your man crush Bethea. Pat yourself on the back for being the grammar police. I myself when I have a problem I deal with it. So with that being said please tell me you live in ft Wayne or even close and I can show you what kind of man I am.

Look here bud, you came at me with your little childish * calling me a loser...and pathetic. What goes on in your little mentally challenged mind I have no idea. Sorry to have an opinion of your man crush Bethea. Pat yourself on the back for being the grammar police. I myself when I have a problem I deal with it. So with that being said please tell me you live in ft Wayne or even close and I can show you what kind of man I am.

haha I'm in your head... Love it... and I'm mentally challenged? don't start to pout now.. you're the big shot that said I need to learn to read, so don't come and start calling me the grammar police, now you really sound like a female...

and I love ({}) pal... No man crushes here.

how fast can you get to this wal mart??? since you're lil adorable business owning self needs to show me how you get down...

5311 Coldwater Rd
Fort Wayne, IN 46825.. I'm here now.. Ill be looking for your reply too

Look here bud, you came at me with your little childish * calling me a loser...and pathetic. What goes on in your little mentally challenged mind I have no idea. Sorry to have an opinion of your man crush Bethea. Pat yourself on the back for being the grammar police. I myself when I have a problem I deal with it. So with that being said please tell me you live in ft Wayne or even close and I can show you what kind of man I am.

haha don't get scared... I'm in California.. but there is nothing like putting someone in their place, especially someone who wants to take it up to that physical level when they have that courage to talk like a big man when they have something distancing them... haha what a cowardddddd

haha don't get scared... I'm in California.. but there is nothing like putting someone in their place, especially someone who wants to take it up to that physical level when they have that courage to talk like a big man when they have something distancing them... haha what a cowardddddd

Lol, wow kid. Perfect example of why some people shouldn't reproduce. Have fun flexing your Internet muscles. Bet your a lard butt surrounded by a room full of food wrappers. Congrats.

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, March 16, 2013 - personal shots
Hidden by -JJ-, March 16, 2013 - personal shots

Lol, wow kid. Perfect example of why some people shouldn't reproduce. Have fun flexing your Internet muscles. Bet your a lard butt surrounded by a room full of food wrappers. Congrats.

lol.. hope you didn't head over there, saw you went offline...  but if you are gonna say stuff at least make sense... how am I flexing internet muscles??? from the guy who saiddddd "I myself when I have a problem I deal with it. So with that being said please tell me you live in ft Wayne or even close and I can show you what kind of man I am."...  I've never been one to talk and I know you couldn't whoop me so I had to mess with you a little more, since it's soooo easy... 

this is good though, i really feel we're working past our issues.. haha you are just so adorable you Melvin