Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Thomas: How He Fits

atapcl

Thomas did not play football until he got to college. He is probably the best athlete we have in the line and maybe the quickest and fastest OL we have had. He bounced around I believe due to his lack of experience. In New Endland last year he seemed to develop with sound coaching. He can play either guard position as well as center. I expect that he will supplant Reitz at left guard.

Thomas did not play football until he got to college. He is probably the best athlete we have in the line and maybe the quickest and fastest OL we have had. He bounced around I believe due to his lack of experience. In New Endland last year he seemed to develop with sound coaching. He can play either guard position as well as center. I expect that he will supplant Reitz at left guard.

Reitz is a great athlete too.  Was a nice forward at Western Michigan.

I may be the only one on the board who wishes Reitz would beat out McGlynn....if we do not bring in more guards that is via draft or FA!!!

Reitz was an all-state high school football player at Hamilton Southeastern High School,[1] but he decided to play college basketball at Western Michigan University. He finished as the third all-time leading scorer and rebounder. Reitz also played in more games than any other player in WMU men's basketball history.

In his senior season, Reitz helped lead the Broncos to a Mid-American Conference West Division title and was named First Team All-MAC for both the regular season[2] and conference tournament.[3] Reitz was also a member of the Academic All-MAC Team.[4]

[edit]

I may be the only one on the board who wishes Reitz would beat out McGlynn....if we do not bring in more guards that is via draft or FA!!!

Reitz was an all-state high school football player at Hamilton Southeastern High School,[1] but he decided to play college basketball at Western Michigan University. He finished as the third all-time leading scorer and rebounder. Reitz also played in more games than any other player in WMU men's basketball history.

In his senior season, Reitz helped lead the Broncos to a Mid-American Conference West Division title and was named First Team All-MAC for both the regular season[2] and conference tournament.[3] Reitz was also a member of the Academic All-MAC Team.[4]

[edit] Reitz is better than McGlynn and our OL would benefit if McGlynn became a backup.

[edit] Reitz is better than McGlynn and our OL would benefit if McGlynn became a backup.

I agree, but everything we read is Grigson loves McGlynn's mean streak....I would rather see McGlynn mean BEFORE his man tees of on Luck....:)

McGlynn is horrendous in my view.

I agree, but everything we read is Grigson loves McGlynn's mean streak....I would rather see McGlynn mean BEFORE his man tees of on Luck.... :)

McGlynn is horrendous in my view.

i agree...and for a man of his size i would expect for opposing DT have a hard time shoving him off...but he gets on his butt more than i like

i agree...and for a man of his size i would expect for opposing DT have a hard time shoving him off...but he gets on his butt more than i like

I agree....maybe the injury last year hurt him?  

His best focus was when he played center....believe it or not....before the emergence of Shipley!

IMO he's a great addition. I think he bounced around because he suffered a Lisfranc injury his rookie year after being drafted by a bassackward organization, forever in turnover/rebuilding mode. That resulted in his drifting with the current until he was both healed AND landed with an organization that knows what it is doing. And in turn, he had a solid outing with the Patriots* and came up on Grigson's radar (probably again).