Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should Indy sign Dumervil? [Merge]

On the pay cut.   

Depends on how much money I was making.  If I took the pay cut would I still be able to take care of my family in a fairly good manner?

See in his situation one would hope that a 35% pay cut would affect him far less then it would affect me.  

I think you also have to consider what is the guy going to command if he goes to free agency?  Is there going to be a team there to pay an aging pass rusher 12 million dollars?

I think he should be signed with some reduction but should still get more than others and not merely the demand of todays market realities, He means alot to the team and would be a loss of defensive balance

I think he should be signed with some reduction but should still get more than others and not merely the demand of todays market realities, He means alot to the team and would be a loss of defensive balance

If you're Dumervil how does this make you feel? I don't know if I could put on a happy face knowing how this played out.

This equates to my boss knowing that there is a job opening next door that I could fill but waiting until the opening is filled before telling me that he's cutting my pay. I'd tell Mr. Big Teeth where to go. I'm sure Elway made his $ and he never took a pay cut. The more I talk about this the madder I get.

I wouldn't be that jacked up about it had that gone ahead and given the guy a release before FA started. The're hamstringing him to their own benefit

If you're Dumervil how does this make you feel? I don't know if I could put on a happy face knowing how this played out.

I could fully understand Doom feeling as 1 Denver Post articl;e suggested, He goes into the Lokjer room to get reader for a game, or for a training day etc, knows all the sweat he put in to get to where he is at,, then says to himself, after all that sweat I had to give back money so u & u & U can all be signed in free agency, , Is a SB worth it ??, if some dumb player lets what happened last year happen again, esp if its one of u new free agents

Nice talking to ya, I cant stay on

If I was in Dumervil's camp, I wouldn't take a major paycut as a premier pass rusher. There are plenty of teams that would pay handsomely for a DE the Philadelphia Eagles come to mind. If Elvis walks, he'll find work easily enough. The NY Giants like collecting pass rushers too like hood ornaments. 

It really depends on how close you think the Broncos are in getting to the SB & whether or not your wife & kids are willing to move & relocate. If your kids like the school there, have friends, & your wife loves the community & recreational opportunities, Elvis is taking a paycut. Gotta keep the family happy. 

i would Love for the Colts to pick him up. it just takes some creative accounting. remember the salary cap goes way up in 2015, so it wouldn't be a big deal to give him a Big payday in the 3rd year of the contract. He played lights-out as a Rush OLB in the 3-4 under Nolan.

Um.. why isn't there more speculation about us signing Dumervil. Our only need as of now, besides maybe slightly O-line, is a pass rush. Dumervil's been in like the top 3 in sacks since he entered the league and he's still young. All the dominoes are falling in place with him being released and everything. Grigs, when life gives you lemon you make lemonade. So make some lemonade and grab this guy! 

I think we still have about 11 million. Not much is needed for rookies so Doom would get the contract he wants (about 8 million).

I just don't understand why there's not even a thread on this forum connecting us to him... 

What about teams that start free agency over the cap?

they are forced to cut players.Or restructure deals. You can't be over it starting the year. You need around 10m in cap space for draft picks and signing people throughout the year when someone gets injured.