Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts intersted in Jesse Williams and Matt Elam?

I have seen a few other posts of yourself elsewhere (if memory serves) and you really seem to be pushing WRs for that 24th overall pick. Personally, DeAndre Hopkins really seems to be the best fit in Indy as he reminds me considerably of a young Reggie Wayne. Nuk would learn exceptionally well from a guy like Reggie Wayne before he has to ride off into the sunset in a year or two

I agree...I love Hopkins game...1st round, 2nd round...whenever.  If he can be had in the 2nd, trade 1st and grab an extra 3rd.  Each time I mock something...I do it on need on that day/hour.  I guess we just picked up a FB from Philly...so my mock will change again.  Hopkins is always in the top 3 players we would absolutely find game value next year!  Cheers.

if we take elam that basically means the colts have no interest in resigning bethea

Won't take Elam...in 1st. When you have 2-3-4-5-6 rounds to grab; Cyprien, Swearinger, S. Thomas, P. Thomas, Armstrong, Williams, Rambo, Jefferson, Lester, McDonald, Wilcox, Evans etc...

I keep hearing that the other safety from Florida is moving up draft boards. He is like 6' and runs the 40 under 4.5. I forget his name, but he is viewed as a 4th or 5th rounder. That could be the guy the Colts were looking at given that Bethea is in his contract year and we could use some depth at safety.

Josh Evans, FS, Florida

Height:  6' - 1"  

Weight: 207 lbs

40-Time:  4.54

I agree...I love Hopkins game...1st round, 2nd round...whenever.  If he can be had in the 2nd, trade 1st and grab an extra 3rd.  Each time I mock something...I do it on need on that day/hour.  I guess we just picked up a FB from Philly...so my mock will change again.  Hopkins is always in the top 3 players we would absolutely find game value next year!  Cheers.

Absolutely agree, what other receivers are you interested in aside from Hopkins? What about Terrance Williams? Big tall fast guy who dominated at Baylor and absolutely exudes confidence and physicality on the field. It's a sharp contrast to a finesse guy like Wayne and Hopkins, but one I think a blossoming QB like Luck could utilize.

Absolutely agree, what other receivers are you interested in aside from Hopkins? What about Terrance Williams? Big tall fast guy who dominated at Baylor and absolutely exudes confidence and physicality on the field. It's a sharp contrast to a finesse guy like Wayne and Hopkins, but one I think a blossoming QB like Luck could utilize.

I really believe we have a two year window to empower the next receiver to "carry on" Reggie Wayne's legacy @ WR.  Receivers I like:

Williams is good...probably available in OUR sweet spot between 24th and 39th pick. Pep's system, favors quick precise route runners, rather than straight speed guys...so I like the "shifty" guys a little more... Williams is great, but not as shifty as a Hopkins,Rogers., etc... IMO Watkins would complete the monster.

Life After Reggie (LAR) Rogers, Hilton, Watkins, Hopkins, Kelley/Brazill.

With: Griffin in reserve...

2013: Hopkins (1), Allen, Wood, Harper, <---(2)---> Rogers, Wilson, Williams, Harrison, Shanahan, Buckner

2014: (3) Watkins, Lee, Coffman, Norwood, Mathews, Burton...