Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami Cornerback Sean Smith?

This is the guy who replaced Vontae down in Miami. I have not seen a lot of back and forth/pros and cons regarding him but I know he is a Man corner. I'm wondering how well he could perform in our secondary opposite Davis. We've got a clique of conerbackites clamoring for another CB, could he be a good addition?

This is the guy who replaced Vontae down in Miami. I have not seen a lot of back and forth/pros and cons regarding him but I know he is a Man corner. I'm wondering how well he could perform in our secondary opposite Davis. We've got a clique of conerbackites clamoring for another CB, could he be a good addition?

I know he's ranked as one of the worst CB's in the league the last 2 seasons, but many think he's got a ton of potential. I wouldn't mind having him, but he's seeking 8 mil. per season and there is no way I would go nearly that high. He's got great size though and I think that is why so many like him. I think he ends up in KC, Vontae tweeted here while back that Smith was talking to KC and that blew up because of tampering rules, but this morning NFL network reported that KC had contacted his agent. There is probably a deal in place already.

I know he's ranked as one of the worst CB's in the league the last 2 seasons, but many think he's got a ton of potential. I wouldn't mind having him, but he's seeking 8 mil. per season and there is no way I would go nearly that high. He's got great size though and I think that is why so many like him. I think he ends up in KC, Vontae tweeted here while back that Smith was talking to KC and that blew up because of tampering rules, but this morning NFL network reported that KC had contacted his agent. There is probably a deal in place already.

Maybe not.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/09/chiefs-no-longer-interested-in-sean-smith/

I'm a fan of Smith. I don't think he's a #1 corner, but he's a solid #2 for most teams.

His numbers aren't great because he was a #1 last year and going up against great wide receivers. As a #2, that won't always happen, especially in the AFC South, where the #2 receivers are just awful (Walter, Washington, Shorts (Shorts is the only really good one of those 3)), and are one of the worst compared to the rest of the league. Anyways, Smith is tall, athletic and very solid on the deep routes. 

I think the Colts should take a look at him. I'm not saying go after him, but they should at least think about it. It probably won't happen because Smith wants too much money, but don't shy away from him

I'm a fan of Smith. I don't think he's a #1 corner, but he's a solid #2 for most teams.

His numbers aren't great because he was a #1 last year and going up against great wide receivers. As a #2, that won't always happen, especially in the AFC South, where the #2 receivers are just awful (Walter, Washington, Shorts (Shorts is the only really good one of those 3)), and are one of the worst compared to the rest of the league. Anyways, Smith is tall, athletic and very solid on the deep routes. 

I think the Colts should take a look at him. I'm not saying go after him, but they should at least think about it. It probably won't happen because Smith wants too much money, but don't shy away from him

Great points.

Imagine the hate (that is already well stoked) that would churn against Jeff Ireland down in Miami if Grigson takes two very good DBs from Miami and they both end up starting here and excelling.