Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It wouldn't surprise me if...

Indeee

He played the man blocking scheme well at Oregon State. Mike Cavanaugh as OL coach ran a variety of blocking schemes at Oregon State

Thats all well and good, but it doesn't mean anything as far as him playing a man scheme in the pro's. Like I said before, Grigson isn't going to pay Levitre the money he's going to demand just to hope that he can handle an every down power man blocking scheme. If Grigson brought him in then I would be convinced that Levitre could handle it, but I do not think he is on the Colts radar. IMO, he hasn't got the size or the strength the we'll be looking for.

I think Castonzo is alright and I'm at ease with our combination of Shipley and Satele at center.  RT (or LT if we decide to move Castonzo there) could be a need, but our guards are the weakest part of the line

I still can't believe Olsen started for us. Were we that bad at OG? Reitz is okay but hurt too much.

Yawn. Levitre played Tackle in a man blocking scheme in College.Where his height, weight, short arms & weak upper body weren't as big a concern. Inspite of being a 1st teamer all Pac 10 he projected as a guard in the NFL. Which is what he became...playing in a zone blocking scheme. He is not suited to play either Tackle or man in the NFL.

Yawn. Levitre played Tackle in a man blocking scheme in College.Where his height, weight, short arms & weak upper body weren't as big a concern. Inspite of being a 1st teamer all Pac 10 he projected as a guard in the NFL. Which is what he became...playing in a zone blocking scheme. He is not suited to play either Tackle or man in the NFL.

Not alot of O Linemen (Pre end of Combine and pro day) that have a starter grade according to NFL.com...8

I don't know what that was supposed to mean but regardless, Levitre isn't suited to playing for us. ;)

I know he's not, Im for getting Vasquez or Rinehart, or in the draft, Warford, Barrett Jones, or Travis Frederick (His lack of bench press reps was a bit shocking though)

I know he's not, Im for getting Vasquez or Rinehart, or in the draft, Warford, Barrett Jones, or Travis Frederick (His lack of bench press reps was a bit shocking though)

Rinehart played in zone blocking schemes with the Redskins and the Bills, how is that any different than Levitre, why is it because he is 15lbs heavier than Levitre? I mean both played in zone schemes and even on the same team at one point but Levitre gets that held against him and Rinehart doesn't. I personally don't get that one. Least Levitre was productive and durable his whole career.