Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If The Colts Get To 0-14 Will They Rest Their Starters?

Blue Horseshoe

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How ironic would it be if we and another team are both 0-15, and Curtis blows our 1st overall draft chance by achieving a perfect QB rating? The coach tells Painter to tank the game, yet Painter does the opposite. Meanwhile, next season, we go 15-0 and Painter does the exact opposite.

lol I gotta tell you I think that would be hilarious but poor Painter would have to leave the state for his own personal safety the way some fans are. I doubt many would find it as funny as I would but I don't want us to take a QB in the first round anyway so I hope with every fiber of my being that Luck, Matt Barkley and Landry Jones are all off the board by the time we pick in the first round. Not that that would stop the Colts from trading up but I don't think they would. Many reports have said that they were interested in a couple of QB's in this past draft (namely Andy Dalton) but they were waiting to see if he fell to them. I don't think we're in a dire enough situation that they would spend other draft picks to move up for one of the QB's. If Manning has 3-4 years then, imo, we still have another 2 years before the situation/need actually becomes critical.

I agree...even without Manning there's simply too much talent to wind up with the #1 pick. I'll predict now that we go 5-11 at the very worst.

IMO potential wins in order of most to least likely:

KC

Bengals

Jax X2

Throw in a wildcard random win in there somewhere.

So those are 4 games and 1 random for the heck of it. I certainly don't see us winning all, if any, of them. Who else do you think we have a 25% shot against with this team?