Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ed Reed possibly a FA this offseason?

turner46992

I didnt see where anyone else posted this so I figured I would. I liked the fact they mention the colts could be an option to grab him with Pagano as our coach and obviously how much he(pags) meant to the Ravens Defense. With Reed going into his 11th year, Id still love to have him on our team even if its only 1 or 2 years. Here is the link - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000128133/article/free-agency-possible-for-ed-reed-opinion-split-on-mike-glennon

Not necessarily.  I think Bethea is a very underrated FS.  A regressed Reed is not necessarily better than a healthy Bethea

I was thinking more of moving Either Bethea or Reed over to SS, as in having one of those two at SS and the other FS, one hell of a safety combo I think 

I see him retiring, especially if he wins a Super Bowl. Man I loved watching Ed Reed all these years. He's definitely one of the old school type defensive players. I know tons of Saints fans thinking we can land him, even if he goes into free agency I'm sure we'd pass him up and draft another bust Safety or corner like we have with Jenkins and Harper.

I was thinking more of moving Either Bethea or Reed over to SS, as in having one of those two at SS and the other FS, one hell of a safety combo I think 

In that case, I think we would move Bethea to SS since Reed has become pretty injury prone.  But I think Bethea still works his craft best at FS.  Bethea is a very good tackler, but I'd like to keep him at FS.  He is too valuable to put him at the more physical SS position and risk injuries