Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Moore and Peyton Manning to re-unite?

Pombi9

Dear Lord. If this happened Denver is truly becoming a much older version of the past Colts......

Good point Jules, is there such a thing being too comfortable? Familiarity has a place sure,but sometimes complacency can creep in too. Bring Moore in, but take a real long look at who else is at there as a new OC.

Warren Sapp often spoke of familiar credos of former NFL HC Tony Dungy: "Nothing good ever happens after midnight & beware of women you don't know well & women you know all too well." Offensive coordinators just like this scenario described above can be completely foreign & intensely challenging or way too easy going & laid back. Either way, both the relaxed approach & the rigid teaching approach pose an equal danger. Choose your next OC very carefully.  Peyton needs an OC that challenges him every day not one he knows too well. 

I think if Moore is serious and since the Broncos/Manning need an OC....well put the pieces together.

It seems almost too obvious not to happen right?

Yup, it does sound too good to be true. Fate, coincidence, happenstance, serendipity...I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

109916047125825043_L6VF5vm6_c.jpg

Look, I'm not opposed to choosing Moore as OC. Just survey the coordinator landscape thoroughly. That's all I sayin'. Moore & Manning do work well together. No denyin' that.  :thmup: "Let It Be" man.  haha

http://youtu.be/NXYNPO3zIj8

Yes SW1 instead of "Let It Be" but "Ebony and Ivory" may be a change or something different. Not saying Moore isn't a good choice and he may be the best choice but check out the scenery and sometimes a change is good. Ask the Colts. Or if you've been visiting Disneyland the last 15 years and enjoying nothing should stop you from visiting again but should you look into DisneyWorld? Alaskan Cruise?

With Mccoy leaving to San Diego this seems to be the obvious choice, and imo a smart move.

full article here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000127446/article/is-a-peyton-manningtom-moore-reunion-in-the-works

Dear Lord. If this happened Denver is truly becoming a much older version of the past Colts......

Good point Jules, is there such a thing being too comfortable? Familiarity has a place sure,but sometimes complacency can creep in too. Bring Moore in, but take a real long look at who else is at there as a new OC.

Warren Sapp often spoke of familiar credos of former NFL HC Tony Dungy: "Nothing good ever happens after midnight & beware of women you don't know well & women you know all too well." Offensive coordinators just like this scenario described above can be completely foreign & intensely challenging or way too easy going & laid back. Either way, both the relaxed approach & the rigid teaching approach pose an equal danger. Choose your next OC very carefully.  Peyton needs an OC that challenges him every day not one he knows too well. 

Top candidates to replace Mike McCoy as Broncos offensive coordinator

Broncos QB coach Adam Gase

Up-and-comer who arrived in Josh McDaniels’ first year in 2009 and has drawn praise for his work with Tim Tebow and Peyton Manning. Was wide receivers coach when Brandon Marshall was with the Broncos. Former Rams coach Mike Martz has called Gase “a fabulous coach.”

Ex-Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt

Has the experience, and coach John Fox has shown with Jack Del Rio that he is willing to hire a former head coach as a coordinator. Whisenhunt is a respected offensive coach who has known Manning, Fox and John Elway for a long time.

Others who could get a look

Tom Moore – Veteran assistant was on the Steelers’ staff with Fox in the late 1980s and called plays for Manning for 13 season with the Colts. This past season, he spent time with the Titans as a consultant.

Pat Shurmur – Former Browns head coach and Rams offensive coordinator is an experienced play-caller who would be a fit on Fox’s staff. Has interviewed to be the Panthers’ offensive coordinator.

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/14806-tom-moore-and-peyton-manning-to-re-unite/

Why don't you look up like three posts..

The only thing informative is " Former Rams coach Mike Martz has called Gase “a fabulous coach.” OK I know who Mike Martz is - a fabulous coach allowing Cutler to be sacked for thousands of times.

So jvan1973 as knowledgable as you are do you have any idea what's this guy Adam Gase's coaching style? What kind of offense does he ran?

The only thing informative is " Former Rams coach Mike Martz has called Gase “a fabulous coach.” OK I know who Mike Martz is - a fabulous coach allowing Cutler to be sacked for thousands of times.

So jvan1973 as knowledgable as you are do you have any idea what's this guy Adam Gase's coaching style? What kind of offense does he ran?

If i had to guess it will be the same offense McCoy ran