Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Curtis Painter

hurricane1122

I don't care what anyone says. Curtis Painter can not be worse than Kerry Collins has been in the first two games this season. I don't see him(Collins) getting any better, so why not run with Painter, it cant get any worse(2 TD's in 8 quarters) both of which were in garbage time

AGREED - Painter should get a shot at this; he isnt going to do any worse and he might just do a whole lot better!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what anyone says. Curtis Painter can not be worse than Kerry Collins has been in the first two games this season. I don't see him(Collins) getting any better, so why not run with Painter, it cant get any worse(2 TD's in 8 quarters) both of which were in garbage time

Agreed entirely.

We are going to sit here and bash Painter over and over and eventually he will be picked up by another team, who will start him. He will turn out to be great, and everyone will say "Gee, I guess we should have used him in that 2011 season." Just like what happened with Drew Brees.

Say what you want, but I would much rather start someone who is looking to prove himself and build his career, rather than someone who is just looking to get one last paycheck before he retires.

"Dear god, please let Curtis start and prove that he is the backup to Peyton that we all hope he is. Let Kerry Collins collect his paycheck while watching the Colts from the sideline as they pull themselves out of the ditch they have been pushed into."

I think Painter should be the starter for the first month or so of the season to give collins time to get used to the offense. First of all, Colts need to run the no huddle offense which Collins clearly can not do and Painter can. Also, Painter is more mobile than collins which is important because the pocket is going to collapse (like it often did yesterday). I know Painter has been horrible but I think the logical thing to do would be to start the QB who knows the playbook. Throwing to Wayne every play (like collins did yesterday) looks great for fantasy football but it wont win games.

who said that Painter can run the no huddle? there is no way he is able to do that successfully.