Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Curry released by Raiders

FightLikeSin

Not sure if anyone cares about Raiders players...

But here ya go

ALAMEDA -- Linebacker Aaron Curry, who played in the last two games after spending the first eight games of the season on the physically unable to perform list with sore knees, was waived Tuesday, the club confirmed.

Curry broke the news first in tweet which said he was ``no longer a Raider,'' with the club confirming less than an hour later with a tweet of its own that said Curry had been waived.

In his first game back against Baltimore, Curry picked up two personal fouls and was fined $23,625 by the NFL.

Curry was acquired two weeks before the trading deadline by the Raiders last season and immediately placed into the starting lineup by coach Hue Jackson, replacing Quentin Groves.

The former No. 4 overall pick in the draft, Curry cost the Raiders a seventh-round draft pick in 2012 and a fifth-round selection in 2013.

He accepted a pay cut in the offseason to remain with the Raiders, but had knee problems during the offseason and trying different methods of treatment before settling on an East Bay chiropractor and ``neuro-muscular re-education.''

Curry said in a tweet, ``I am confident in my abilities to play linebacker. I am confident God will cook something up for me!!!''