Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning the real brains of Broncos operation

bayone

EXCERTS

The comeback story of Peyton Manning is as real and raw as the scar that runs down the back of the quarterback's neck

What's more, completing 13-of-14 passes in the second half is actually pretty easy, at least when compared to the hunt for a championship ring with Father Time breathing down your surgically repaired neck.

What Manning did for the Broncos by leading the biggest comeback in the history of

"Monday Night Football" was better than an NFL miracle.

Because it wasn't a miracle.

It was talent.

Miracles are not sustainable.

Manning is on a mission.

There is a different vibe to the Broncos of this season. The players know their flaws, because Manning demands that teammates strive to improve daily.

With 10 games remaining on the regular-season schedule, Denver stares at one steep, but

clear path to the Super Bowl:

Don't trip over any of those fallen, inept Chargers, Kansas City Chiefs or Oakland Raiders.

Create turnovers.

Then hand the wheel to Manning and go along for the ride.

"In this quarterback, we know what we have on our side. All we have to do as a defense is take care of business," Bailey said.

"If you put a defense that can create turnovers with Peyton Manning, it's definitely a good combination. The sky's the limit."

Read more:Kiszla: Peyton Manning the real brains of Broncos operation - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...n#ixzz29gX8aStA

Without the D playing well in that game they would have lost and Manning would have been hammered for the interception he threw even if the receiver didnt read the blitz hot route correctly.

I don't think anyone isn't giving credit to the Denver defense. They shut down Rivers in the first half as well. They played an overall great game. With that said, Manning had to be near-perfect in those passing situations with the defense knowing the pig is in the air and he nearly was perfect in that 2nd half.

The ignorant will hammer that play anyway.

I don't think anyone isn't giving credit to the Denver defense. They shut down Rivers in the first half as well. They played an overall great game. With that said, Manning had to be near-perfect in those passing situations with the defense knowing the pig is in the air and he nearly was perfect in that 2nd half.

Completely agree with everything you said. And I would add that even if the D didn't score but just got the three and outs, Peyton still would have won. He would have just needed one more possession to win the game. I've never seen him that on fire like he was in the second half before. He couldn't be stopped.

Completely agree with everything you said. And I would add that even if the D didn't score but just got the three and outs, Peyton still would have won. He would have just needed one more possession to win the game. I've never seen him that on fire like he was in the second half before. He couldn't be stopped.

Never??

Never??

Not like that. Peyton has been on scorching fire before, where he couldn't be stopped. But in that second half....the incompletion was because Decker decided to let it drop so there wouldn't be a chance of losing yardage. After that, the imaginary offensive PI call took back a long deep pass. Manning was 15/15 essentially, when everyone knew he was going to pass. I don't think they could have stopped any pass if that game kept going.

First off . . . FJC you are at 4997 posts and your likely hit 5000 tonight! . . . congrads . . . :number1:

I have not really said much regarding the MNF, but will say my peace here . . . (I hav posted some comments on a Pats forum)

I don't think enough credit is being given to the D of Denver . . . I have heard on the TV and and few here, that Denver does not have enough pieces around Manning (even tho they went 7-4 with Tebow last year) . . . and now when the pieces help out its all abuot Manning's great comeback . . . sorry but i don't see it . . . teams don't come back from 24 points, everything needs to go rights and then some, well everything did, no points for the opponent, 5 TOs and 14 points off the opponents side of the ball thereby only requiring 10 points on your side of teh ball to win . . . when those stars align it can happens . . . but not a lot of credit goes to the D . . .

Interesting, the Broncos were in the same situation against the Pats a week prior down 24 (31-7) but later in the game and many in the TV world blamed McGhee . . .hey things happen . . . but when those help out, its all about the QB . . .

Getting back to Manning contribution to the victory, he only contributed 21 points, I say only because only the botton third offenses in the league score below 20 ppg . . . so the offensive contibution on MNF was around the average of the 20th ranked offense in the league . . . I am not saying this is dispositive of the effort just a point of reference if one wants to look at the wow factor of the offensive production . . . as opposed to teh 2006 AFFCG game in the 2nd half (where it had to make up a deficiet, not much help from the D or ST points wize, and had to keep pace with the pats side of the ball, who score 13 if I remember) . . .

to be honest I was more impressed with Manning performance against the Pats the week prior . . .

surely there is something to be said about the WR tripping over teh 45 yardline, but then again he never should of been that wide open, so break downs on both side of the ball so its kind of a wash in the world of would coulda shoulda, and see whata he donea's . . .

Manning was great in the second half and had to be, and surely some of his presence and hope rubbed off on the other two sides of the ball . . . and had a solid drive to start the second half . . . the next two drives where given great FP after two ints by the D and started at midfield . . . the fourth drive, when leading and a change to ice the game, ended with a punt and the Denver O had to watch on teh sidelines hoping its D could stop Rivers from making a go ahead score, and it did and got a pick 6 . . .

Who knows if there were no picks sixs maybe Manning drives the field and they score, but unfortuntely we do not have that and all we have is what actually happened to analyze and discuss . . . and for me it was a great comeback and was possible by all three phases of the team . . . I credit the D as much as the O for the come back victory . . . and again I was more impressed with Mannning comeback against he pats a week earlier and the three in 03, 09 and 10 . . ., with one ending up in a victory . . .

EDIT: Hey i hit the 500 post mark!

First off . . . FJC you are at 4997 posts and your likely hit 5000 tonight! . . . congrads . . . :number1:

I have not really said much regarding the MNF, but will say my peace here . . . (I hav posted some comments on a Pats forum)

I don't think enough credit is being given to the D of Denver . . . I have heard on the TV and and few here, that Denver does not have enough pieces around Manning (even tho they went 7-4 with Tebow last year) . . . and now when the pieces help out its all abuot Manning's great comeback . . . sorry but i don't see it . . . teams don't come back from 24 points, everything needs to go rights and then some, well everything did, no points for the opponent, 5 TOs and 14 points off the opponents side of the ball thereby only requiring 10 points on your side of teh ball to win . . . when those stars align it can happens . . . but not a lot of credit goes to the D . . .

Interesting, the Broncos were in the same situation against the Pats a week prior down 24 (31-7) but later in the game and many in the TV world blamed McGhee . . .hey things happen . . . but when those help out, its all about the QB . . .

Getting back to Manning contribution to the victory, he only contributed 21 points, I say only because only the botton third offenses in the league score below 20 ppg . . . so the offensive contibution on MNF was around the average of the 20th ranked offense in the league . . . I am not saying this is dispositive of the effort just a point of reference if one wants to look at the wow factor of the offensive production . . . as opposed to teh 2006 AFFCG game in the 2nd half (where it had to make up a deficiet, not much help from the D or ST points wize, and had to keep pace with the pats side of the ball, who score 13 if I remember) . . .

to be honest I was more impressed with Manning performance against the Pats the week prior . . .

surely there is something to be said about the WR tripping over teh 45 yardline, but then again he never should of been that wide open, so break downs on both side of the ball so its kind of a wash in the world of would coulda shoulda, and see whata he donea's . . .

Manning was great in the second half and had to be, and surely some of his presence and hope rubbed off on the other two sides of the ball . . . and had a solid drive to start the second half . . . the next two drives where given great FP after two ints by the D and started at midfield . . . the fourth drive, when leading and a change to ice the game, ended with a punt and the Denver O had to watch on teh sidelines hoping its D could stop Rivers from making a go ahead score, and it did and got a pick 6 . . .

Who knows if there were no picks sixs maybe Manning drives the field and they score, but unfortuntely we do not have that and all we have is what actually happened to analyze and discuss . . . and for me it was a great comeback and was possible by all three phases of the team . . . I credit the D as much as the O for the come back victory . . . and again I was more impressed with Mannning comeback against he pats a week earlier and the three in 03, 09 and 10 . . ., with one ending up in a victory . . .

Congrats on 500!

I would say that Peyton only needed to score 21. They didn't get stopped on any drive where they needed to score in that half. If the broncos didn't score, and say just got the ball back to Manning, I have no doubt he would have marched down the field and scored another 7 or whatever they needed. There wasn't any more opportunity for Peyton to score really.

Congratulations Yehoodi on your 500 milestone posts my friend. I agree completely. A solid defense which refuses to allow another opponent to dominate the scoreboard must be acknowledged for their role in stopping the bleeding. Sure, Philip Rivers inability to score and maintain possession certainly played a crucial component in this game. I am not statistical master like FJC, but a defense doesn't have to be exceptional just got enough to stop the opposition when it has to. Fluster the QB, put your hands up, disrupt passing lanes, and keep all WR's, TE's, and RB's in front of you. And wrap up and tackle well. Defenses never get enough credit for assignments, alignments, gap control, and textbook tackling. Your point is right on the money Yehoodi!

Yehoodi, Remind me why the offense didnt have the ball more in the first half?

1) not 1, but 2 turnovers on kickoffs by special teams

2) the defense had zero turnovers in the first half.

Had it not been for those 2 specific instances, the offense would have had at leat 2 more opportunities to score.

Also, when the turn overs were created in the second half, the defense took 2 for picksixes. Had they not, there are twp more opportunities for the offense to score.

On one of the turnovers, the offense did get the ball and did score.

So for you to say if it hadnt been for the defense, 'Manning' would have still come up short?

No. That is impossible to say considering the events of the game. Add two to four more possessions for the offense, count at least two more TD. Manning was on fire. So, in actuality the offense could have won the game.

A deep comeback has to have the opponent turn it over because othewise there aren't enough possessions.

A lot of things have to come into play and go right for a big comeback. And that would still include the QB and Manning going 12-12 I think...was impressive.

Nevermind that ridiculous pass to Stokely on the line.:)

Had it not been for those 2 specific instances, the offense would have had at leat 2 more opportunities to score.

Also, when the turn overs were created in the second half, the defense took 2 for picksixes. Had they not, there are twp more opportunities for the offense to score.

So for you to say if it hadnt been for the defense, 'Manning' would have still come up short?

No. That is impossible to say considering the events of the game. Add two to four more possessions for the offense, count at least two more TD. Manning was on fire. So, in actuality the offense could have won the game.

The neverending debate on PM. Fact is..... People see, what they choose to see.... Simple as that.

The neverending debate on PM. Fact is..... People see, what they choose to see.... Simple as that.

People often refer to Peyton as genius, but genius is more than just precision and flawless execution. True genius requires diluting down complicated jargon, verbage, and formations into a simple formula that anyone and I do mean anyone can follow every single time without fail. So many people falsely believe that genius means being on a plane of existence that no one else, or only a select few, can ever reach. Actually no, true genius entails penetrating barriers of language, culture, geography, and social norms to achieve a common objective with smoothness, fluidity, and flying colors.

I would love to go behind closed doors and see what kind of teachers both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are. How patient are they? Can they teach the same concept to 5 different WR's and TE's 3 different ways? It's more than just memorization of a playbook and locations on the field. How do they hand down constructive criticism of others? If they need to dress down somebody, do they do it publicly or behind closed doors? Do they always remember where they can from and their humble meager beginnings? You can learn a lot about a man or woman by how they teach an individual something completely foreign and new for the very first time.

People often talk about the value of fundamentals and being a good teacher, but they seldom address what that process really requires and entails. I always find the discussion of teaching and true genius simply fascinating myself.

Great post, Yehoodi, and congrats on the 500 mark!

It's never easy to separate the components in team sports. I went nuts last season when a lot of fans equated wins with Tebow and losses with the rest of the team. I guess not much has changed, but at least it's a relief to not have a polarlizing figure at the helm. Never mind the team went 0-3 at the end of the season with some truly atrocious offensive moments.

Other than some simple cases DT fumbling and Decker stumbling, I never know who's responsible for what for sure. And I cannot remember having seen a meltdown that bad by any team before. John Fox says he's never had any of his defense practicing on takeaways as much as this team does, it was maybe overdue.

All I know is that we are at .500 after some really hard games, with new QB/new system/new DC. The Broncos is right where I expected them to be. With AFC west seeming as weak as I had imagined, and growing confidence in our offense and defense (we still need a new Mike), I'm feeling pretty good right about now. And we got PMFM looking comfortable, feisty and young.

The title of this topic is "Peyton Manning and the real brains of Broncos operation." Another heading for this topic might be how do you define leadership? Knowing when to be firm and rigid with fellow team mates and when to loosen the leash and administrative reins. Conveying a sense of urgency in NOV. and Dec. and not sweating the small stuff in Sept. and Oct.

Nothing profound here, but Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees all excel in this capacity. Knowing when to relax, when to crack the whip, and when to put the hammer down and roll over your opposition.

and congrats on the 500 mark! & read the below too

& if Decker just didnt triip a totally different game

& if no back to back return fumbles a totally different game

and what was that offensive IT called for, scene much worse

How some are picking on Peyton is beyond me for that 1 IT that even so called announcer & media experts wasnt on him

BUT surely the D did their part when they had to and was to me surprisingly happy as made up for mistakes noted above , if they can keep it up Broncos can be scary

& yes I am one who had posted a denver post article saying Manning not surrounded by right parts but this game shows he just may be , maybe just topok moree time to gell, Denver has played I read more rookie snaps than any other team, suprised me with that stat, maybe thje Veteran D players are teaching the new and other young ones and they are learning with time like the offense is learning chemistry

& Carter was in as Porter sick, KARMA

\

as they say any given Sunday ( great movie to with Pacino & , Jamie Fox & Cameron Diaz ) anything can happen, if not why __ ATTENTIVELY __ watch if we really new the winner ahead of time

The title of this topic is "Peyton Manning and the real brains of Broncos operation." Another heading for this topic might be how do you define leadership? Knowing when to be firm and rigid with fellow team mates and when to loosen the leash and administrative reins. Conveying a sense of urgency in NOV. and Dec. and not sweating the small stuff in Sept. and Oct.

Nothing profound here, but Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees all excel in this capacity. Knowing when to relax, when to crack the whip, and when to put the hammer down and roll over your opposition.

I think it's essential particularly because the whole team now believes. I think most teams in that situation (down 24 and away from home) would have folded, but I get the sense that the Broncos players have faith in their abilities now that the guy who can direct a scoring drive every time he touches the ball. That was not the case last year :) As Elway says Peyton is the tide that lifts the boat...

I think it's essential particularly because the whole team now believes. I think most teams in that situation (down 24 and away from home) would have folded, but I get the sense that the Broncos players have faith in their abilities now that the guy who can direct a scoring drive every time he touches the ball. That was not the case last year :)As Elway says Peyton is the tide that lifts the boat...

Exactly BAB, real leadership also involves having immediate amnesia after a fumble, turnover, or interception and always being generous and spreading the credit for a victory to all your team mates and shielding them from intense scrutiny as the result of a crushing or demoralizing loss too. "Take a bullet for the team" and "fall on the proverbial sword" when the situation warrants it.

Exactly BAB, real leadership also involves having immediate amnesia after a fumble, turnover, or interception and always being generous and spreading the credit for a victory to all your team mates and shielding them from intense scrutiny as the result of a crushing or demoralizing loss too. "Take a bullet for the team" and "fall on the proverbial sword" when the situation warrants it.

For sure, SW! You know who has these exact qualities? Andrew Luck :)

Even San Diego writer appreciates Peyton in AFCW:

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/oct/18/krasovic-without-peyton-afc-west-would-be-snoozevi/

Excerpts:

We’ll not slobber over how the old man schooled the Bolts.

It was, however, football at a higher level, whether the quarterback quoted Ecclesiastes or not.

First touchdown: Manning freezes safety Eric Weddle, ensuring the necessary air space for his scoring strike to Demaryius Thomas.

At 24-14, Denver’s comeback may stall if Manning isn’t brainstorming with tight end Jacob Tamme to solve 3rd-and-16.

"We drew a play in the dirt," Tamme would tell me. It works for 25 yards, even though: 1)The Chargers have eight players in coverage and muster a quick pass rush; 2) Tamme must detach from speedy Donald Butler.

What made the play, Tamme said, was Manning’s vision for him to tweak a “post-corner route” by anticipating the actions of Butler and safety Corey Lynch.

For sure, SW! You know who has these exact qualities? Andrew Luck :)

Even San Diego writer appreciates Peyton in AFCW:

http://www.utsandieg...ld-be-snoozevi/

Excerpts:

We’ll not slobber over how the old man schooled the Bolts.

It was, however, football at a higher level, whether the quarterback quoted Ecclesiastes or not.

First touchdown: Manning freezes safety Eric Weddle, ensuring the necessary air space for his scoring strike to Demaryius Thomas.

At 24-14, Denver’s comeback may stall if Manning isn’t brainstorming with tight end Jacob Tamme to solve 3rd-and-16.

"We drew a play in the dirt," Tamme would tell me. It works for 25 yards, even though: 1)The Chargers have eight players in coverage and muster a quick pass rush; 2) Tamme must detach from speedy Donald Butler.

What made the play, Tamme said, was Manning’s vision for him to tweak a “post-corner route” by anticipating the actions of Butler and safety Corey Lynch.

Nice article Bay Area Bronco! Thanks for posting the link as well as highlights from it. I know I shouldn't, but this line made me laugh. "Raiders fans want a second eye patch to wear at games." haha When Al Davis was in still in charge of all football operations in Oakland, it was a little like the blind leading the blind IMO. No disrespect to Raiders fans intended of course.

Nice article Bay Area Bronco! Thanks for posting the link as well as highlights from it. I know I shouldn't, but this line made me laugh. "Raiders fans want a second eye patch to wear at games." hahaWhen Al Davis was in still in charge of all football operations in Oakland, it was a little like the blind leading the blind IMO. No disrespect to Raiders fans intended of course.

lmao. Yeah, he couldn't quite let go of his past success and kept trying the same formula again and again. That doesn't work in today's NFL. I have to say this writer is much more magnanimous than I am. Had Peyton signed with the Bolts and whipped us like that at home on MNF, I wouldn't be appreciating his skill.

lmao. Yeah, he couldn't quite let go of his past success and kept trying the same formula again and again. That doesn't work in today's NFL. I have to say this writer is much more magnanimous than I am. Had Peyton signed with the Bolts and whipped us like that at home on MNF, I wouldn't be appreciating his skill.

What's the definition of insanity again? "Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result." That pretty much encapsulates Al Davis mindset set years after the Raiders won a SB with Coach John Madden. haha

I also agree with you BAB that #18 in San Diego would never work either. Denver NOT San Francisco is the perfect fit for Peyton Manning in my mind and I will go to my grave believing that reality too. Yeah, as a reporter people want both solid analysis and personal opinions. That's how reporters generate blog and Twitter followers now. It's all about the number of hits or likes a reporter receives now in the field of journalism not the selling of newspapers in their traditional format. You'd be an excellent reporter BAB! I'd read your column everyday myself. :thmup:

What's the definition of insanity again? "Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result." That pretty much encapsulates Al Davis mindset set years after the Raiders won a SB with Coach John Madden. haha

I also agree with you BAB that #18 in San Diego would never work either. Denver NOT San Francisco is the perfect fit for Peyton Manning in my mind and I will go to my grave believing that reality too. Yeah, as a reporter people want both solid analysis and personal opinions. That's how reporters generate blog and Twitter followers now. It's all about the number of hits or likes a reporter receives now in the field of journalism not the selling of newspapers in their traditional format. You'd be an excellent reporter BAB! I'd read your column everyday myself. :thmup:

Not ssure about San Fran with that D , However as far as control Coach H of 49'rs wouldnt give Peyton the freedom he enjoys and would be a battle of wills

Besides playing hiis brother to often and in playoffs , only wants to really see him in Super bowl , Manning Bowl that is

Peyton also likes Midwest San Fran maybe just to big as wife loves secrecy and in Francisco u really have to wonder if she'd have the privacy she loves like hiding the fact she was having twins till after the birth

If McGee goes down though thats the weakness on offense, they needed another big back and could of got both RB Doug Martin and D LINE wolfe when traded back ist time i believe

anyway thats all for today

Not ssure about San Fran with that D , However as far as control Coach H of 49'rs wouldnt give Peyton the freedom he enjoys and would be a battle of wills

Besides playing hiis brother to often and in playoffs , only wants to really see him in Super bowl , Manning Bowl that is

Peyton also likes Midwest San Fran maybe just to big as wife loves secrecy and in Francisco u really have to wonder if she'd have the privacy she loves like hiding the fact she was having twins till after the birth

If McGee goes down though thats the weakness on offense, they needed another big back and could of got both RB Doug Martin and D LINE wolfe when traded back ist time i believe

anyway thats all for today

You are 100% correct Barry. Coach Jim Harbaugh wouldn't give up his playing calling duties to Peyton or at least meet him somewhere halfway in the middle. Peyton's wife deserves privacy and I never saw tranquility for her and her children in either Miami or San Francisco. Denver was the perfect landing spot for #18 IMO. Although, I must now admit with WR Larry Fitzgerald and that strong defense AZ now looks like a Playoff team minus the QB position. Seattle would have been a dangerous team with #18 at the helm too. But, again you are as right as rain Barry, Peyton didn't wanna collide with his brother Eli for a SB opportunity either.

McGee is a good back, but he is getting old and injury is certainly a legitimate worry and concern for the Broncos no doubt.

a disabled sick me taking care of mom as rest of family travels

You are a good man and a fine son Barry. :thmup: Yes, it must be difficult sometimes. Hang in there okay.

I always enjoy reading your insights on here buddy and you have a knack for finding great articles too AKA "Steve Sabol #2." You're Awesome! ;)

You are 100% correct Barry. Coach Jim Harbaugh wouldn't give up his playing calling duties to Peyton or at least meet him somewhere halfway in the middle. Peyton's wife deserves privacy and I never saw tranquility for her and her children in either Miami or San Francisco. Denver was the perfect landing spot for #18 IMO. Although, I must now admit with WR Larry Fitzgerald and that strong defense AZ now looks like a Playoff team minus the QB position. Seattle would have been a dangerous team with #18 at the helm too. But, again you are as right as rain Barry, Peyton didn't wanna collide with his brother Eli for a SB opportunity either.

McGee is a good back, but he is getting old and injury is certainly a legitimate worry and concern for the Broncos no doubt.

This is slightly off the Peyton Manning topic, but what's your opinion of Coach Pete Carroll? The man does know how to teach defense IMO, but how he ended his tenure at USC, or as Warren Sapp calls it "the University Of Spoiled Children" really upsets me personally. He left that college program in shambles just before the NCAA handed down their punishment sanctions and they he lands with the richest owner in the NFL in the Pacific Northwest. The man is a very good coach even while he was at NE for a short stint/tenure. What do you think of his ethics Barry? How about all my NE friends on here too? What's their critique or assessment of Pete Carroll as a coach and a man? Feel free to chime in on this question everyone. The more the merrier IMO. Thanks.

This is slightly off the Peyton Manning topic, but what's your opinion of Coach Pete Carroll? The man does know how to teach defense IMO, but how he ended his tenure at USC, or as Warren Sapp calls it "the University Of Spoiled Children" really upsets me personally. He left that college program in shambles just before the NCAA handed down their punishment sanctions and they he lands with the richest owner in the NFL in the Pacific Northwest. The man is a very good coach even while he was at NE for a short stint/tenure. What do you think of his ethics Barry? How about all my NE friends on here too? What's their critique or assessment of Pete Carroll as a coach and a man? Feel free to chime in on this question everyone. The more the merrier IMO. Thanks.

last thing and shutting computer Been pleasantly surprised by Carroll, has had ups & downs but seemed to have learned from all past experience, but he too wants alot of control.,, in picking the draft, hes VP besides HC , and hes making correcxt offensive calls for a rookie QB thats been great

he lost ( that is didnt win a championship, did make aa few playoffs ) at first in NFL, then went to USC and won big, & came back up with the Reggie Bush Sanction issue , When I say control of player personal he made like a few hundred transactions his first year as Seahawk and just overhauled team

Now Arizona, I always though a receiver like Larry for Peyton and wow, & I never new they had this defense I must admit

Maybe was just too hot their, it would be for me, I was their ist week of May years back at medical, convention, 110 every day, now I dont care what they say about dry heat, i was in the pool or in air conditioned meeting room, or in my room and really no desire to go site seeing in that heat and was in outside phoenix and know maany went to visit the dessert & red rocks but I couldnt handle it

Thats why to each their own,

Now I was disabled and not working, dont remember what year, but know I had alot of Vertigo attacks and that may have been the heat, hard to say as can still not get for awhile than multiple times daily really bad no matter the weather, I am 59, first got when 40 & 3 months, morning of Halloween , remember it like yesterday as was seeing an older women at the time 40 & 4 months or something stupid like that ( LOL ) , what a genius but equally crazy , proved to be a bad combo sometimes that a great combo like with me ( lol ), so that makes convention sometime from May 94 on and know soon stopped going away to them as i got worse in disabilities so had to be mid 90's

I always liked intelligent nuts

I was engaged in med school, to a genius nut senor in college who would event attend optometry school like her nutty brother brother, but we got engaged for 4 reasons ( sure were more but remember these )

Not in ant particular order

1. Absolutely loved her brain and intellectual conversations

2 Man was she stunning in every aspect, greatest blue eyes i have ever seen & still R from what can remember ((( & know have a picture somewhere of her so reseen them years back in photo buried in a drawer with tons of photos, many of my 280 sl & family and 1 day found some old girlfriends, that was years back )))) , & add to that brain and eyes ,,, well as rest of her was perfect if i had to build from scratch & when we met on beach that was it , I was dumbfounded but luckily not dumb

3. By getting engaged could um ah study together, at least our parents thought that's why we were up all night

4. she was a Math major and a physics major and was on the chess team, I wasnt on any tream nor a frequent player and self taught by following the weekly master games in NY TIMES,

it blew her mind i beat her ( even though i never saw that first opening or style of play ever) , demanded a rematch & i never lost, it was a brain battle and games were long & though i might have for another person let them win one, not her, it was the 1 thing that really got to her and she just in a way loved I could do it and anyone who could beat her consistently was marriage material as she said she needed someone smarter than her

5. Susan was favorite girls name, now thats a real reason

Now the best part is this, Early in relationship I am in her house and said man is this place familiar to me , figured i had friends living in those same projects so I thought all apartments were similar and that was why

Then 1 day her smart nutty brother walked in , he goes Barry what are u doing here, I said I guess I am seeing your kid sister, it was a shock for all 3 of us and why didnt her parents remember me, maybe because they were dealing so much with older sister, who still lived there , a nurse who used valium alot, by that i mean we once walked in & she had finished half the apartment's walls redecorating by covering her fingers in finger nail polish that was wet and drawing crazy lines all over the walls wherever she could reach . So all the kids were nuts in their own ways, some really out their

If we got married it would have been a battle of wits forever, we knew we werent meant for each other but it was perfect timing to do it on a temp basis , at least we knew it Probably wouldn't work out so when did part was friendly in fact when doing residency in Mich and she doing optometry school in NY she came to visit and she once asked if she would transfer to Mich optometry school, could we get back together, i said it would be to hard on both of us if u think it through, the next week I got an invitation to her wedding

Now thats a story for a PM probably but guess I just started writing and it took me there, Memories are great, and seeing mom's dementia makes me appreciate every last one

Pete Carroll? What do you think of his ethics Barry?

Ethics, i didnt realize u asked that till reread what u wrote & what I responded trying to figure how i got on that tangent Re women

Was a bad way to leave no doubt, rubs me wrong way but cant say what i would have done with an offer like that and knowing what i face if stayed,, sometimes u can say all u want until u r actually put into that situation to really know , Mike florio said he should only coach using an x box when hired by Seattle , yet even with games won at USC that were taken away he still is quite high in USC win history & many other teams thought sanctions were wrong.

& USC were cowards for not challenging them, did he know about Bush's issues, he said no but who really knows, things would have been more investigated if it was more like the penn state issues

He did violate things that made all worse by hiring 1 coach to many over # allowed so he did do at least that wrong

& when u read what goes on outside sports in real meaningful world where ethics are well often non existent, it really makes this issue different in context though no way right of course

, there is much to much wrong with this world

PS I edited the above tangent life history story a few times , not sure what u read , add a great reason # 5 to get married beside few other good stuff

PS I edited the above tangent life history story a few times , not sure what u read , added a great reason # 5 to get married beside few other good stuff

same with ethics

I always edit and run out of time & never finish

NOW GOOD NIGHT

last thing and shutting computer Been pleasantly surprised by Carroll, has had ups & downs but seemed to have learned from all past experience, but he too wants alot of control.,, in picking the draft, hes VP besides HC , and hes making correcxt offensive calls for a rookie QB thats been great

he lost ( that is didnt win a championship, did make aa few playoffs ) at first in NFL, then went to USC and won big, & came back up with the Reggie Bush Sanction issue , When I say control of player personal he made like a few hundred transactions his first year as Seahawk and just overhauled team

Now Arizona, I always though a receiver like Larry for Peyton and wow, & I never new they had this defense I must admit

Maybe was just too hot their, it would be for me, I was their ist week of May years back at medical, convention, 110 every day, now I dont care what they say about dry heat, i was in the pool or in air conditioned meeting room, or in my room and really no desire to go site seeing in that heat and was in outside phoenix and know maany went to visit the dessert & red rocks but I couldnt handle it

Thats why to each their own,

Now I was disabled and not working, dont remember what year, but know I had alot of Vertigo attacks and that may have been the heat, hard to say as can still not get for awhile than multiple times daily really bad no matter the weather, I am 59, first got when 40 & 3 months, morning of Halloween , remember it like yesterday as was seeing an older women at the time 40 & 4 months or something stupid like that ( LOL ) , what a genius but equally crazy , proved to be a bad combo sometimes that a great combo like with me ( lol ), so that makes convention sometime from May 94 on and know soon stopped going away to them as i got worse in disabilities so had to be mid 90's

I always liked intelligent nuts

I was engaged in med school, to a genius nut senor in college who would event attend optometry school like her nutty brother brother, but we got engaged for 4 reasons ( sure were more but remember these )

Not in ant particular order

1. Absolutely loved her brain and intellectual conversations

2 Man was she stunning in every aspect, greatest blue eyes i have ever seen & still R from what can remember ((( & know have a picture somewhere of her so reseen them years back in photo buried in a drawer with tons of photos, many of my 280 sl & family and 1 day found some old girlfriends, that was years back )))) , & add to that brain and eyes ,,, well as rest of her was perfect if i had to build from scratch & when we met on beach that was it , I was dumbfounded but luckily not dumb

3. By getting engaged could um ah study together, at least our parents thought that's why we were up all night

4. she was a Math major and a physics major and was on the chess team, I wasnt on any tream nor a frequent player and self taught by following the weekly master games in NY TIMES,

it blew her mind i beat her ( even though i never saw that first opening or style of play ever) , demanded a rematch & i never lost, it was a brain battle and games were long & though i might have for another person let them win one, not her, it was the 1 thing that really got to her and she just in a way loved I could do it and anyone who could beat her consistently was marriage material as she said she needed someone smarter than her

5. Susan was favorite girls name, now thats a real reason

Now the best part is this, Early in relationship I am in her house and said man is this place familiar to me , figured i had friends living in those same projects so I thought all apartments were similar and that was why

Then 1 day her smart nutty brother walked in , he goes Barry what are u doing here, I said I guess I am seeing your kid sister, it was a shock for all 3 of us and why didnt her parents remember me, maybe because they were dealing so much with older sister, who still lived there , a nurse who used valium alot, by that i mean we once walked in & she had finished half the apartment's walls redecorating by covering her fingers in finger nail polish that was wet and drawing crazy lines all over the walls wherever she could reach . So all the kids were nuts in their own ways, some really out their

If we got married it would have been a battle of wits forever, we knew we werent meant for each other but it was perfect timing to do it on a temp basis , at least we knew it Probably wouldn't work out so when did part was friendly in fact when doing residency in Mich and she doing optometry school in NY she came to visit and she once asked if she would transfer to Mich optometry school, could we get back together, i said it would be to hard on both of us if u think it through, the next week I got an invitation to her wedding

Now thats a story for a PM probably but guess I just started writing and it took me there, Memories are great, and seeing mom's dementia makes me appreciate every last one

Wow Barry, you covered a lot of ground there. It might to a few replies on my part to address all the relevant points. Thank you for showing me such a private reflective side of yourself that most people would be reluctant to do so. In bold red text, this woman you dated and nearly married sounds sharp as a tack. A Mathematics and Physics Major who was on the Chess team too. That's the key to a successful relationship finding someone who makes you laugh, challenges you, and is willing to endure or cope with an individual's personality traits, odd mannerisms, and general demeanor for the long haul.

Later, Susan inquiring about her willingness to transfer to optometry school in MI just to be closer to you and renew your previous romantic relationship and then getting married to someone else must have been a tough, emotional blow to your psyche Barry. My read on your situation as an outsider is this: If you would have said Susan let's rekindle our relationship and start off exactly where we left off, the 2 of you would be married today. Susan was waiting to see what your final answer to her proposal was. I admire sharp women. I always have and I always will. Chess is a game of intrigue and strategy and you won over Susan's mind Barry and that's why she fell in love with you IMO. Women also admire guys who can laugh and poke fun at themselves. It keeps them humble, genuine, and sincere and that's what they want...a good listener who is kind, honest, and reliable without fail.

You can't wallow in regret over what might have been though. But, every so often a food or a piece of music will trigger a fond memory of the 2 of you together during happier times. Life is nostalgic that way. Weird things happen by accident that evoke strong memories of pleasure followed by the brief pain and agony of what might have been. It can rip your heart out sometimes...

Stay strong Barry! And again, it took a lot of courage to share that revealing information about your public life with me. Thank you for that Barry. I will write a longer response on this topic very soon my friend.

P.S. Regarding the Bob Seger clip, just click the "Watch on You Tube link to listen to the song "Against The Wind."

Wow Barry, you covered a lot of ground there. It might to a few replies on my part to address all the relevant points.

1.. Love the song

2. I assure u when I said no I knew what i was doing and never regretted it,

Knowing her I dont even no how sincere she was about getting back together or just maybe she was thinking of transferring and wanted to make sure she had me around if she needed help learning

She had a great line while I was in med school to get me to give up time as needed,to teach her , as said I was already in med school and she was taking senior college classes i already took, actually I think i was in med school and we started dating when she was a junior in college not a senior now that i think of it., anyway she said u dont need to study , u are # 1 in class, have always had the highest grade on every test not just in med school but in any bio & Chemistry undergrad class as well as her brother told her,,, thus u dont need to study and can teach me, it worked & still had highest grade and didnt mind as loved just being near her, taking those playful time outs , and sometimes just gazing at her , as said was as stunning as smart if not more so, a dangerous combination in one sense

as a resident I wanted to learn every technique possible , u wantr to experience the good and bad drs to learn what to do as a surgeon when things dont go smooth and what works to save a case, what works in 1 surgeons hands may be different than what works in anthers hand so the more techniques u learn the more your arsenal is ready to do the job right, thats why i never had a failed case nor any post op infection in the 6 years of practice as those I learned from and with did

No way was i going to give up resident duties nor extra learning chances to be in that OR to help her learn , she would be in for a revelation though i had no doubt she good get anyone in her class to help her. I took her to some major dinner function during her stay put on by my place of residency and she had the entire attending mens staff swooning over her, i mean they were in awe

I laughed when found out was getting married as was typical for her, I dont think i could ever trust her , her brother is still lets say not faithful to his wife as far as I know, and he was married before i met his sister, thats like mid 1970's

wouldn't surprise me at all if she ended out the same given certain beliefs she had like if here brother does it it must be OK, and I am a 1 on 1 marriage person as my parents were untmost faithful

are other reasons , as said she had a crazy side, once married things i refused to accept when dating she may have thought i would have to once married

If i couldn't trust someone once a marriage is on and had reason to feel certain things would change based on both knowing her & how her siblings actions once they got married changed , well TRUST is a major issue and wouldn't want to deal with that & she just didnt give me enough belief she wouldnt change and be any different

My sister in law once told me and dont know what we were talking about that brought it up,. but she knew her from basically day 1 of me seeing her said I was lucky to not marry her, My life would not have been easy she said

I may be single but I had a fine life , yes would of been nice to have a trusted marriage but only with right person, all in all, I cant complain even with my disabilities

are some details better left out of these pages , just trust I knew what decision I made & when she had asked to come out and visit i was more curious than anxious to see her and that says something

Reason # 6 she wanted to marry me

I had great hands, stop that dirty mind, when her cockatiel with partially clipped wings fell out of or flew out of the 4th floor window into pouring rain and was fluttering down to the ground I raced down the stairs just in time to dive and catch that bird a few feet above the ground

now must go, i have much paperwork to do & got up late

Wow Barry, you covered a lot of ground there. It might to a few replies on my part to address all the relevant points.

PS this stuff makes good reading but not sure if right for a forum setting, maybe a pm better and honestly, I am right now overwhelmed with Moms situation though better, Drs daily this week between her & me as had to cancel last weeks, so really am bogged down time wise more than usual , just saying as u note u may respond multple times & longer ones too if remember what i read

2nd week in Nov I am hoping to more time, i even need new Drug coverage as many Medicare Part d left Mich do to new laws and so far no time just to sign up for that even

Congrats on 500!

I would say that Peyton only needed to score 21. They didn't get stopped on any drive where they needed to score in that half. If the broncos didn't score, and say just got the ball back to Manning, I have no doubt he would have marched down the field and scored another 7 or whatever they needed. There wasn't any more opportunity for Peyton to score really.

thanks man :) . . .

Yes PM did a great job on scoring on those three drives but was stopped on the 4th one when they were leading by 4 and needed to get a score to make it a two score lead, or well to help put the game away . . . there was about 8 mins to go and a score there would of put it out of reach . . . surely the close off PI did not help and was a drive killer, but you gotta over come that . . . indeed the same thing happened to the pats this past weekend against the jets where, with bout 4 mins to go, the pats started a drive had a ticky tack off PI, drive stalled, punted and jets tied it on a FG . . . so it happens . . .

I was just trying to point out that we can't always give all of the credit to our QBs . . . there have been many times in which PM and the offense were the ones who posted the scores and you can tip your cap toi PM and the offense . . . but if others score then we need to qualifiy our statements . . .its kind of no different if we had Wayne and Harrison on the field with both say gettig 150 yrds/2 TDs . . .well if Harrison go his in the first half, then was not involved in the second half much (or on the bench) and the throws went to Wayne who got two 2nd half TDs then we need to split the credit and not try to give it all ot Harrison, which is only my point . . .

and yes i agree with you 100% that PM did what he had to do and carrying his end of the bargin in the 2nd half, and in this case the D made the scores . . . so PM, like Harrision above, was capable of possible scoring, but was not given the opportunity, so my point is not one of skill but other having the opportunity to contribute . . .

Fortunately for PM and the Broncos the D held the chargers on that last drive, after PM and company had put the Broncos up ... . alas, I just wished the Pats D could of made a stop on the last drives of the 06 AFCCG, SB 42 and SB 46 . . . and TB and company had or just put the pats ahead . . . :sigh:

Also, when the turn overs were created in the second half, the defense took 2 for picksixes. Had they not, there are two more opportunities for the offense to score.

Bronocolt . . . I am going to have to disagree with you on the "lost" possessions in the first half, this is not baseball . . . in football you change possession on a score or punt, or TO . . . etc . . .and the issue is more of one of time not possession, unlike baseball . . . yes agreed had they not fumbled the punt the Broncos would of had the ball at around the 9:55 mark of the first qtr . . . well after the two fumbles the broncos got the ball at about the 8:16 mark of the qtr, so only about a minute and half went off the clock when they were suppose to get the possession and eventually got it . . . so not a lot of time wasted . . .

so bottom line they did get that possession just a minute or so later . . . regardless not much of the half was taken off the clock due to the TOs . . . and had the broncos gotten the ball a minute and half earlier (and there were not TOs) then when they eventually did get the ball they would not have gotten another two more possession in the span of 100 seconds of game time in the first half (actually it would have to be four possessions overall 2 each side in that 100 second spam for Denver to have gotten those "missing" possessions) . .. see the point? . . . the only way those lost 100 seconds would of possible come into the play was at the end of the half and of someone ran out of time and got cheated on the last possession as those 100 seconds might of come into play . . . the problem with this logic is make is tough as most teams play the clock and do so mid qtr . . also, on that last drive of SD both teams were taking TOs . . . had there been those additional 100 seconds it would of very likely resulted in SD not taking is timeouts and runing those second off on its last drive . . .

I do agree with your point on the pick six and fumble return in that the D did what the O might have been able to do had it been on the field, and yes the O was denied the two opportunities . . . so agree there . . .but my point was not that PM did not do it, but what actuallly happened and if another helps out they or he should get the credit . . . (see my Wayne/Harrison example in last post) . . . maybe PM and the offense drives on those two possession and it puts up 5 TDs as opposed to 3 TDs . . . we'll never know, PM was on fire for 3 of the 4 drives in the 2nd half and 3 for 8 overall . . .he had done it in the past so he is certainly capable . . . i was just adressing what happened and how we should view this particular victory . . .