Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Think we caught a Break on this Play....

NewColtsFan

I still see facemask in chest....

You and others... but

I see helmet in neck area... and so so did the Real and Paid refs. :)

"(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him;

You and others... but

I see helmet in neck area... and so so did the Real and Paid refs. :)

"(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him;

Isn't that quote for a defenseless player? QB in the pocket with both hands on the ball isn't a defenseless player.

Where was the word chest mentioned?

Look, they are going to error on the side of caution... Still doesn't mean that we didn't catch a break. The play isn't called 100% of the time and is open to interpretation. Fortunately the ref on that particular day interpreted as a foul

Isn't that quote for a defenseless player? QB in the pocket with both hands on the ball isn't a defenseless player.

I think, and many refs probably do too, that a QB behind the line of scrimmage and looking at his receivers is in a passing posture and afforded full protections as defenseless.

Where was the word chest mentioned?

???

Look, they are going to error on the side of caution... Still doesn't mean that we didn't catch a break. The play isn't called 100% of the time and is open to interpretation. Fortunately the ref on that particular day interpreted as a foul

You think they got it wrong and we caught a break. So did many others. I see it as they got it right first time. It's the New NFL.

The Roughing for hand taps on the helmet are gone, though.

I think, and many refs probably do too, that a QB behind the line of scrimmage and looking at his receivers is in a passing posture and afforded full protections as defenseless.

???

You think they got it wrong and we caught a break. So did many others. I see it as they got it right first time. It's the New NFL.

The Roughing for hand taps on the helmet are gone, though.

He wasn't "in the act of or just after throwing a pass".. If his arm were cocked back to throw, then it is more clear cut because then he would be defenseless.

Considering similar calls have been and will be missed, there is no doubt we caught a break...

"This rule does not prohibit incidental contact by the mask or non-crown parts of the helmet in the course of a conventional tackle on a passer."

Mask in chest is about as conventional tackle there is on a passer.

Some are going to throw a flag... Some aren't... Hence catching a break.