Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting take on the Bills-Pats game

buffalo34

Ryan Fitzpatrick threw 4 interceptions against the Patriots on Sunday. And I would say that 3 of those interceptions were because of very poorly thrown balls by Fitzpatrick. The first one was because of a tip at the line of scrimmage.

Fitz's second pick came as a result of an underthrown ball. TJ Graham had McCourty cleanly beaten and had it been a good throw Graham was potentially off to the races. Instead the ball is underthrown and McCourty is able to pick it off.

Here's an article about this and look at the pictures of the game. Any good QB makes those throws and it's a different ballgame.

http://wgr550.com/WHITE--Week-4---What-it-all-means/14401183

It also didn't help that the Patriots ran for 250 yards.

I do give credit to the Patriots for taking away Spiller and Jackson and making the Bills beat them through the air. If they had a real QB, they could've done just that.

Ryan Fitzpatrick threw 4 interceptions against the Patriots on Sunday. And I would say that 3 of those interceptions were because of very poorly thrown balls by Fitzpatrick. The first one was because of a tip at the line of scrimmage.

Fitz's second pick came as a result of an underthrown ball. TJ Graham had McCourty cleanly beaten and had it been a good throw Graham was potentially off to the races. Instead the ball is underthrown and McCourty is able to pick it off.

Here's an article about this and look at the pictures of the game. Any good QB makes those throws and it's a different ballgame.

http://wgr550.com/WH...-means/14401183

It also didn't help that the Patriots ran for 250 yards.

I do give credit to the Patriots for taking away Spiller and Jackson and making the Bills beat them through the air. If they had a real QB, they could've done just that.

that is a nice article, thanks for posting . . . i looked at about 80% . . . . i think one thing we need to think about is that teams play to the others strength and weaknesses . . . and if Fitzpatrick does not have a good long ball, then the defenses will devote less manpower deep in the defense . . . and sometimes will let the WRs go and of they beat us so be it, but we get to add additional manpower in other locations . . .

IIRC there was a tip, two underthrows, and a bad overthrow. Seems like a kind of typical Fitzpatrick thing. Puts up good yardage, throws for some nice TDs, but turned the ball over four times.

I think the fumbles actually hurt more than the INTs. If Buffalo gets a TD at the end of the half, it's 21-7 going into the break, and possibly 28-7 if things panned out the way they did early in the 3rd.

This game was a shining example of why I thought the Mark Anderson signing was way over-hyped, by the way. Good situational pass rusher, but he's terrible against the run. Too small and gets pushed around easily. The Pats knew that and exploited it.