7. Sam Montgomery OLB

8. Star Lotulelei DT

9. Jonathan Hankins DT

10. Kawann Short DT

11. Dee Milliner CB

12. David Amerson CB

13. Xavier Rhodes CB

14. Jonathan Banks CB

Any reason your big board is organized by position? Do you know how a big board works?

Yes, I know how a big board works. That's the order I would take them. Obviously, I want an offensive lineman, but Jarvis Jones would be too good to pass up. I do think some positions are more important than others and I don't prescribe to the take the best player available theory. I would take the player that improves the team the most and we need some positions way more than others.

1. Chance Warmack

2. Barret Jones

3. Travis Frederick

4. Keenan Allen

5. Jarvis Jones

6. Bojoern Werner

7. Alex Okafor

8. Star Lutelelie

9. Jonathan Hankins

10. Mani Teo

This is all subject to change as the season goes on. Like if we continue to give up 120 + yard rush games Id probably move the Two NT to the top of the list and eveyone else would just move down acordingly.

This is all subject to change as the season goes on. Like if we continue to give up 120 + yard rush games Id probably move the Two NT to the top of the list and eveyone else would just move down acordingly.

If Jarvis Jones continues to play the way he's played, he has to be #1 all year long.

If Jarvis Jones continues to play the way he's played, he has to be #1 all year long.

Oh he has definatley played very well!!! And if he continues he will be worth a strong look. But I dont know we will be picking high enough to grab him. unless we keep playing like we did today. I tink A physical Offensive linemen or Defensive line could be our biggest need. Im almost beginning to think Barret jones could be a great pick because he can play C,G,T and he comes from that mean Physical Alabama front which would be good for our line becuase thats what we need. He could be a center for us If Satele cant hold up or play somehwere else. An anylysis of Jones game against Michigan at center. "Jones had an excellent debut at center in the season opener against Michigan. He looked so natural one would think he has played the position for years. Jones was superb in the ground game opening up holes and hitting combo blocks. He also was rock solid in pass protection." Could be a smart solid pick.

Oh he has definatley played very well!!! And if he continues he will be worth a strong look. But I dont know we will be picking high enough to grab him. unless we keep playing like we did today. I tink A physical Offensive linemen or Defensive line could be our biggest need. Im almost beginning to think Barret jones could be a great pick because he can play C,G,T and he comes from that mean Physical Alabama front which would be good for our line becuase thats what we need. He could be a center for us If Satele cant hold up or play somehwere else. Might be a smart pick.

Reason I say Jones is because he can do it all. He is a stud in coverage, a beat against the run, and a phenominal pass rusher. He would help shore up our run D and I think that we could grab a solid D lineman in a later round.

Reason I say Jones is because he can do it all. He is a stud in coverage, a beat against the run, and a phenominal pass rusher. He would help shore up our run D and I think that we could grab a solid D lineman in a later round.

I see what your saying definatley. And thats very true. But If we pick below the top 8 or so where jones will not be available most likley Im beginning to think Barret Jones could be solid for the reasons I mentioned in my last post. He is playing center right now has looked good, player well at LT last year and was very stout at G for two years prior to that. He is a big, physical expirenced at all positions offensive line. And he's pretty dang good. We could put him at where ever we want or need him basically. Id look at center for him eventually becuase of his knowledge on the Offensive line and he could set the tone for our group up front.

I see what your saying definatley. And thats very true. But If we pick below the top 8 or so where jones will not be available most likley Im beginning to think Barret Jones could be solid for the reasons I mentioned in my last post. He is playing center right now has looked good, player well at LT last year and was very stout at G for two years prior to that. He is a big, physical expirenced at all positions offensive line. And he's pretty dang good. We could put him at where ever we want or need him basically. Id look at center for him eventually becuase of his knowledge on the Offensive line and he could set the tone for our group up front.

Oh yeah, he won't be available outside the top 8. I would still rather have Warmack than Jones though. Would also be fine with Werner.

Oh yeah, he won't be available outside the top 8. I would still rather have Warmack than Jones though. Would also be fine with Werner.

Warmack is great as well But look at how good Jones is and the versatility he brings. He got expirience at all positions and has done well at all of them basically. Hes like a 3in1 offensive linemen, and he's from Alabama so you know he's physical and mean and can play football. Just looking at an overall value standpoint here. Id Love to have both of them really but thats not gonna happen.

1.Chance Warmack

2.Barrett Jones

3.Brandon Jenkins

4.Margus Hunt

5.Kwame Geathers

6.Da'Rick Rogers

7.D.J. Fluker-OT

8.Bacarri Rambo-SS

9.Brandan Bishop-SS

10.David Amerson -Cb

11.Alvin Bailey-G

12.Johnathan Cooper-G

13.Travis Frederic-OG

14-Luke Joeckel-OT

15.Jake Matthews

16.Joe Vellano

17.Johnathan Jenkins

Those are not all 1st rounders or necessarily the order that I am wanting them but those are guys I am looking at

I love how everything changes week to week....

Give up a lot of yards rushing, and suddenly, every big massive NT moves way up the board...

Next week, some WR torches us, and CB will suddenly be the 'hot' position...

The following week, some QB has too much time to throw, and OLB/DE will zoom up the board...

Of course, in any given week, Luck is running for his life which makes any and every decent OT/OG a prime candidate for our 1st pick.

It's just week to week reactions here....

There's been an expression floating around the website for a few weeks.... 'prisoner of the moment'...

It really applies here.... lots of knee jerk reactions to the latest game and result...

Patience.... this will all work out.... but it will take time...

Just one fans 2 cents...

our run defense absolutely stinks and were in a division with 3 of the best rb's in the nfl. luck is already good enough even with the current o-line to put up 17 to 24 points a game and he'll get better. these are my top 10 based on ranking and need.

1. jarvis jones olb- great pass rusher who's also great against the run and can set the edge

2. star lotulelei nt/re- the most physical player ive seen since suh. great run stopper and has a high motor, he can play the ngata role.

3. eric reid ss- big, fast and physical 6'2 215 lbs with 4.4 speed. big hitter and also good in coverage. tom zbikowski has been the most dissapointing player so far, reid would be a huge upgrade.

4. xavier rhodes cb- this is the best press man cb in college. he is a stud 6'1 190 lbs 4.4 speed and im not sure if pagano would want powers back, he's more of a cover cb.

5. jonathen hankins nt/- the best pure run stopping nt in the college, he's also agile for a big man

6.barkevious mingo olb- the most upside for any defensive player in the draft. at 6'5 245lbs mingo is very athletic and reminds me of demarcus ware

7.manti teo mlb- one of the best lb's since patrick wills, great against the run and good in coverage.

8. keenan allen wr- has all the talent to be a superstar wr, big and fast 6'3 205lbs with 4.4 speed.

9. marcus lattimore rb- great change of pace back also physical would be a huge uprade over brown.

10. luke joeckel- best tackle in college only offensive linemen worth taking in the top 10.

Im gonna answer this thread a little differently. Im gonna say my favorite scenarios...

Scenario 1- Stay put, and take NT Johnathon Hankins(Taking best defensive player available here)

-3rd round we draft RT Alex Hurst

Scenario 2- Trade down to 19th overall, get extra 2nd, and take OG Chance Warmack

2nd round- SS Kenny Vacarro

3rd round- RT Alex Hurst

Out of the 2, I would prefer the 2nd scenario, since I really like both Warmack and Vacarro. But if we still have uncertainty at NT if Josh Chapman doesnt come through, then I may rethink this.

Funny how before the season everyone, well almost, was all about Amerson.

His stock has fallen, and you'ld be hard pressed to find someone on here that wants him picked first these days.

Let's wait and see how Chapman turns out before deciding we'll pick an NT (Hankins, Lolutelei) with an early pick.

Collie just got hurt bad, and may never play for us again -> Brings up a new situation and with a Reggie Wayne not getting any younger, we might consider a WR early

O-line could clearly need an upgrade.. Warmack seems interesting

Are we resigning Freeney? If not we need an elite OLB prospect (Jones, Mingo, Werner)

Do we believe in our CB's or go for elite prospects there? Doesn't seem like it should be top priority at the moment, and the quality is deep in the CB class.

For me, right now, I would like:

Warmack OG

Jones OLB

Mingo OLB

Te'o ILB