Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 calls Rams dirty

chad72

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can take that stupid sleeve and that ridiculous Micheal Jackson glove and he can go sit in the corner.

I'm sure he'd welcome a chance to sit and take a break. As I'm sure Andrew Luck can attest to, it isn't easy leading an offense to an average of 33 points a game ;)

If only the defense didn't find new and progressively more stunning ways to fail every week we'd really be in business :(

RG3 with another 12 rushing att today.....This poor guy will not withstand a season of this.....

Most likely not. It's not the rushing attempts themselves that are the big problem, though. It's the hits he's taking in the pocket and the fact that he does a poor job of protecting himself when he does take off with the ball. Kid is tough as nails, though.

I've never seen a Redskins QB take such a beating, pop right back up, and continue to make plays unfazed like he does and I've seen a lot of Redskins QBs get beaten into the ground.

Your animosity and blue glasses are overwhelming. It's a pity. He is a professional since, you know, he's getting paid, pretty heftily, for what he does. Rodgers, Elway, Cam, tell them that a running quarterback cannot be successful. Your argument is so one-sided it's ridiculous. Luck has faced...The Vikings. He didn't get roughly shoved into the ground 5 seconds after the whistle on several occasions. I can't wait till Washington's schedule kicks in as well...because Griffin is probably headed to the playoffs this season. I know that probably makes your eyes bleed but oh well. Just because you chose Luck doesn't mean Griffin is pampered or entitled. He has a great personality and that is interpreted poorly by a lot of the das around here. You're in for a whole lot of trouble if you think Griffin is not going to be successful this season. He didn't blame any of his teammates, all he did was point something out that was clearly horrible. You think if Peyton Manning gets hit 10 seconds after the whistle blows for 5 or more plays that he won't complain about it? Get a life, your hatred is suspicious and ridiculous all at the same time.

And your arguments are so anti Colts at times it is just as biased.

Oh the Vikings, yeah the same team who just beat the 49ers. Right, I guess that win was garbage then.

Oh RG3's win over the Saints. I am sure it deserved a marching band and a trophy which I think was pretty close considering the reaction. And who have the Saints beaten so far? Well nobody. Their D cannot even handle the Chiefs offense in a must win game at home.

I don't hate RG3 but sometimes people need to let us criticize too. Criticism does not mean rabid hate.

Rg3 is also being assisted right now by what is currently the second ranked rushing attack in the NFL.

Where is the Colts run game ranked? Hmmmm let me check. Tied for 23rd with the Broncos. I guess some things never change. :)

I've never seen a Redskins QB take such a beating, pop right back up, and continue to make plays unfazed like he does and I've seen a lot of Redskins QBs get beaten into the ground.

Patrick Ramsey under Steve Spurrier might have been the single most vicious beating I've every seen a QB take since they put rules in place that preventing your from pile driving them. Spurrier should have never set foot on an NFL field as a coach.

Rg3 is also being assisted right now by what is currently the second ranked rushing attack in the NFL.

criticism is fine when its not just blind hate. I would however contend that RG3 is what is making the rushing attack what it is. His presence on the field opens up a lot, even when he isn't the one running the ball.

But yes you are completely right in that there are things you can criticize. What causes most of the conversation around here though is that there are some that refuse to acknowledge anything positive, or make ill-informed arguments. For example, you can go through my posting history here and will not find anything negative about Luck, because I haven't watched him enough to form a real opinion. I have however watched Griff a little more closely so I feel fairly confident when I offer counter points to what gets posted about him sometimes.

I can give a list of negatives for Griffin too - where with Luck, about the only thing I really know is that he makes good throws under pressure and is a much more polished pocket QB than Griff is. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about Luck because I haven't done the appropriate leg-work to develop an informed opinion. I've been stuck in Canada since the regular season started, so my access and time is limited, so I pick and choose what to watch now, then have to play catch-up when I get back to the states at the end of this week. Then I'll crack open the can-o-Luck :)

I'm all for good conversation though and this isn't meant as a negative towards you Jules, I like all that I've read from you - and I completely agree with you that there is an absurd amount of hype around RG3, but I also can't fault skins fans for feeling the way they do. They haven't had a legitimate QB in almost 30 years (Joe Theismann). Far cry from the colts who go from one HOFer to a very, VERY good prospect. :)

I think the Skins in general are going to get more attention then the Colts, name an NFC East team who DOESN'T. So in a way that does not bug me. I realize that Indy at the moment is not really a team people will get excited over even if we have a potential young stud at QB he is more of a quiet personality.

And yes you are right, RG3 is a reason the run game is what it is also.

We have to let these guys be rookies too. They sometimes look awesome but they also have a lot of developing to do. I do think the Skins are better then the Colts though as a team.

I think the Skins in general are going to get more attention then the Colts, name an NFC East team who DOESN'T. So in a way that does not bug me. I realize that Indy at the moment is not really a team people will get excited over even if we have a potential young stud at QB he is more of a quiet personality.

And yes you are right, RG3 is a reason the run game is what it is also.

We have to let these guys be rookies too. They sometimes look awesome but they also have a lot of developing to do. I do think the Skins are better then the Colts though as a team.

agree with all your points. Yeah the NFC east has always been one of, if not thee most popular division in football. Those that really pay attention to football are watching Indy, its just that the vast majority of fans out there are either completely focused on their own team, or gobble up what the media gives them without doing any looking on their own. Indy is a small market and most of the attention followed Peyton to Denver. I credit Irsay for keeping them in the spotlight for much of the offseason though and even up through the preseason. I feel he's a very good owner for you guys - based off what little I know about him :) Then like you said, Luck's personality isn't as outgoing (not sure if that's the word I want to use, but you know what I'm getting at), so naturally the people looking for the charismatic figure to sell their product or put hits on their website are going to go towards a guy like Griff. I think that might be a source of some of the animosity here too.

Yeah....down days are coming for sure for both of them early on - just hoping Griff doesn't get killed in the process - and when he has the inevitable bad game, just hope he doesn't hit the podium like Cam Newton did this past week. I don't think he will - Griff has been pretty down to earth so far after the losses. Luck strikes me as real even-keel....much like I always perceived both Peyton and Eli to be, and that's a good thing.

Yeah Skins are further along than the colts...they've been rebuilding for 3 years now and are on the cusp. Their defense and offensive line need a lot of help and I think they were planning to address those areas until those cap penalties got dropped on them and changed everything. So they may be a couple years off yet. Their defensive and special teams coordinators are both coming under fire right now too.

And your arguments are so anti Colts at times it is just as biased.

Oh the Vikings, yeah the same team who just beat the 49ers. Right, I guess that win was garbage then.

Oh RG3's win over the Saints. I am sure it deserved a marching band and a trophy which I think was pretty close considering the reaction. And who have the Saints beaten so far? Well nobody. Their D cannot even handle the Chiefs offense in a must win game at home.

I don't hate RG3 but sometimes people need to let us criticize too. Criticism does not mean rabid hate.

Where is the Colts run game ranked? Hmmmm let me check. Tied for 23rd with the Broncos. I guess some things never change. :)

That wasn't a knock on the Colts. I was merely saying that they didn't play dirty. Why must my comments be taken in such a negative context by so many people here, come on now.

see your signature :P hehe....I'm a neutral party on these forums :)

Hahahahaha oh darn it, I should have realized! That's why everyone does it! haha maybe I should change mine to yours. Neat, simple, and no one can give you flack for what team you go for, because no one knows which team it is! I like it. :cool:

That wasn't a knock on the Colts. I was merely saying that they didn't play dirty. Why must my comments be taken in such a negative context by so many people here, come on now.

It's all cool. I think both Luck and RG3 will have good careers anyway based on what I have seen so far and how much I have studied them pre draft. They are so different though. I do think the media will be more drawn to the outgoing RG3 and the NFC East hoopla over the more quiet Luck and laid back Indy and it's only natural.

They both will be fine though in this league. There is tons of talent in both guys as long as they stay healthy.

It's all cool. I think both Luck and RG3 will have good careers anyway based on what I have seen so far and how much I have studied them pre draft. They are so different though. I do think the media will be more drawn to the outgoing RG3 and the NFC East hoopla over the more quiet Luck and laid back Indy and it's only natural.

They both will be fine though in this league. There is tons of talent in both guys as long as they stay healthy.

Jules Mayock...Has a ring to it, doesn't it? :D Luck and Griffin are like polar opposites, the day and the night hahaha. It's no wonder they're compared so frequently. I whole-heartedly agree with you though; Should be great careers from both, no doubt.

Hamilton Tiger Cats baby!!!

This is for Qwiz and stat2883.....and Jules....loved the debates.....I also wish we had a chance t see CFL Football here. I used to love to evaluate the talent in the league....back when the GREAT Warren Moon played for example.

As to the debate....barring injuries, Luck and RG3 are going to be special for sure....already showing those 'tendencies' on a weekly basis. :thmup:

This is for Qwiz and stat2883.....and Jules....loved the debates.....I also wish we had a chance t see CFL Football here. I used to love to evaluate the talent in the league....back when the GREAT Warren Moon played for example.

Check out Chris Williams for Hamilton if you get a fee minute on youtube -- I woulnd't be surprised to see him on an NFL roster next season. (not saying pro-bowler or anything though :) )

Check out Chris Williams for Hamilton if you get a fee minute on youtube -- I woulnd't be surprised to see him on an NFL roster next season. (not saying pro-bowler or anything though :) )

I will check it out...have time today!! I used to LOVE that extra FB.....and some snow! Love cold weather football. Thanks stat2883!