Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cowboys put 2nd. RD. tender on DE David Irving

Here's an interesting possibility.  The Cowboys just put a 2nd. Rd. tender on 24 yr. old DE David Irving worth 2.9m.  He has ties to both Ballard as he was drafted by KC in 2014 and claimed by Dallas off waivers  in 2015.  Last year he missed the 1st. four games with a suspension and the last four with a concussion. In between he had 7 sacks in 8 games  was second on the team to D. Lawrence.  If we were to sign him Dallas would have the right to match or receive a 2nd. rd pick.  Eberflus and Ballard both know this guy. We need ER's and it would cost a 2nd. rd. pick but there is always the possibility we trade back and get extra 2nd. rd. picks.  I think his might be an option worth considering.  We do need ER's. 

No thanks. It would take a very good player for me to give up #36. This guy already has one suspension for PEDs and only one year of control...which means the Cotls would have to re-sign him in a year to a big deal. 

I think there are other options out there for DL where the Colts get to keep #36.