Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peter King on JMV

LJpalmbeacher2

8 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Oh my word.  Luck was not a starter last year, so he is a different starter in 2018.

Yes a superstar guard is considered a superstar player.  perhaps if I said All Pro or probowl caliber that would make more sense to you.

My comment has nothing to do with Ballard and his abilities.  He had to do with stating that obvious... that if the Colts add 4 superstar (sorry All pro or pro bowl level) players and get an All pro QB back they will have a good offense.  My "drift" is that if ANY team in the NFL replaced nearly 50% of their offense starters with superstar (sorry All pro or pro bowl level) players they would have a good offense.. one that is tough to stop.

But don't you think with $80 million and picking 3rd in every round adding 4 gpod players is doable??

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/23/2018 at 8:14 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

But don't you think with $80 million and picking 3rd in every round adding 4 gpod players is doable??

Oh, brother.  No, I don't think it's realistic that just because the Colts have $80 in cap and picking 3rd in each round that they will replace 4 starters on the offense with probowl caliber players.

Good players probably, but that is not what was said.

On 2/22/2018 at 5:40 PM, southwest1 said:

Thanks LJ. I know you're a big supporter of his & would love to see him in the horseshoe fold. Uh huh. I'm with ya; if he's still on the board. We got em. 

NY Giants have offensive line problems, which makes Barkley seem stupid to me for them. Hades, you could put Leonard Fournette, Le'Veon Bell, & Todd Gurley in Big Blue's backfield & Eli would still get sacked multiple times regardless. Barkley ain't gonna solve their protection woes up front period. 

So.   How would taking Barkley be bad for the Giants yet good  for the Colts?    The online problems you described for the Giants are exactly why the Colts shouldnt draft a RB.  

On 2/23/2018 at 8:32 PM, HarryTheCat said:

I'd be amazed if Swoope makes the roster. Career totals: 15 receptions, 297 yards, 1 TD. You don't clog up a valuable roster spot with that kind of production. 

Well I think he has a shot but  he's got I guy on the team like him From KC who is very  similar skilll set wish named Travis? We will see!

On 2/23/2018 at 5:32 PM, HarryTheCat said:

I'd be amazed if Swoope makes the roster. Career totals: 15 receptions, 297 yards, 1 TD. You don't clog up a valuable roster spot with that kind of production. 

Wait!     What?!?

That production was done in one year, Swoope's first year in the NFL on an actual roster.   He averaged nearly 20 yards a catch.   That would be impressive if he was a WR,  but Swoope is TE2..   so his performance was terrific.   

This is a guy who who never played football before and is learning while he plays.

All he needs is to stay healthy...

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wait!     What?!?

That production was done in one year, Swoope's first year in the NFL.   He averaged nearly 20 yards a catch.   That would be impressive if he was a WR,  but Swoope is TE2..   so his performance was terrific.   

This is a guy who who never played football before and is learning while he plays.

All he needs is to stay healthy...

I like Swoope, he and Doyle would be fine at TE's.