Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Crazy Gameday

PrincetonTiger

20 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

What was the craziest thing you experienced on a GameDay

The Breakfast Club at Purdue.  I went to one Purdue football game when I had a friend that went there.  It was against Michigan.  I think the game started at noon.  My memory is very hazy of the day, so forgive me.

Anyway, The Breakfast Club started when the bars opened on GameDay... at 6am.  I was drunk by 7:30am.  Then we walked (I parkoured) all the way across campus from the bars to the stadium where we ate a bunch of tailgating food and my friend snuck me into the stadium with another students' ID.  We sat behind the Michigan bench and my friend got warned twice by a lady sheriff to stop harassing the backup QB for Michigan.  I don't remember any of the chants, but I remember getting my keys out of my pocket and shaking them like a tambourine.

Oh, and everyone dresses up in costumes for The Breakfast Club, so the entire day I was walking around dressed as a doctor and my best friend was in a 7ft-tall Cat-in-the-Hat costume.  And we met Mitch Daniels while tailgating, who is really short, and my friend standing next to him made Mitch look like an Oompa-Loompa.  Mitch looked at me in my doctor outfit and told me that my (very drunk) friend needed psychiatric help.

After the game we walked all the way back to my friends' place where the group sobered up and played cards until we all got tired and went to bed at like 5:30pm.  It was the most backward day of my life.  It was like a surreal Halloween, drunk by 7:30am, football game, sober by 5:30pm, bedtime.