Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is this the same Patrick Robinson?

The Peytonator

I havent watched much of the Eagles this year, but a small sample size would be my guess. On a defense that isnt ranked very high vs the pass, he seems to have been targeted only 22 times, which is not a lot. That low number means that just a few pass breakups/ INTs can skew his data. For example: his one pick changes his QBR given up from a 97.5 (would rank in top 10 QBR for the season) to a 78.5 (would rank in the bottom 10).  The big question (which I cant answer, as I havent been watching closely enough) is if his low targets are due to good coverage by him, or due to worse coverage by the players around him (or some other external factor). 

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

he was dealing with a lot of injuries

True, I actually was happy to sign him, although I preferred Casey Hayward over him, but I am really surprised to see that he's rated THAT high as of right now. For the record, Rashaan Melvin is ranked 10th. Casey Hayward is 8th. Vontae Davis is 107th. The combined cap hit of Robinson, Melvin, and Hayward is 6.5M for this year, while Davis alone is 10.2M. 

Not trying to start a bash Vontae thread or anything like that, I really like the guy. Just super bored and looking at personnel moves in hindsight. 

5 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

I havent watched much of the Eagles this year, but a small sample size would be my guess. On a defense that isnt ranked very high vs the pass, he seems to have been targeted only 22 times, which is not a lot. That low number means that just a few pass breakups/ INTs can skew his data. For example: his one pick changes his QBR given up from a 97.5 (would rank in top 10 QBR for the season) to a 78.5 (would rank in the bottom 10).  The big question (which I cant answer, as I havent been watching closely enough) is if his low targets are due to good coverage by him, or due to worse coverage by the players around him (or some other external factor). 

Good point for sure. One thing that I don't like about PFF is that they seem to only apply a grade to a corner if the ball is thrown into their coverage.