Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Schedule: What I look for.....

NewColtsFan

There are a number of things I want to see right away....

1.     When is the bye week?      Players and coaches typically prefer something in the middle.     Roughly weeks 7-11.

2.     Do you open at home, or are you on the road?       Do you close at home, or are you on the road?

3.     Any 3 week stretches where you are on the road?      This doesn't happen often,  but it has happened.    

4.     Weather implications?     Any game where it might be really hot, humid and sweaty for perhaps the first 6 weeks of the season?      Any game where it might be really cold, or even snow in the final 4-6 weeks of the season?      How many games in domed stadiums where conditions are perfect?

5.     Special nights.      Monday Night Football,   Sunday night football and the dreaded Thursday night football.        Two out of three aren't bad!

6.     When is the meat of the schedule?     The heart of the schedule?      The Battan Death March?      What's the stretch that makes you say we've got to get through that with our playoff chances still very much intact.

I think the Colts are playing in Los Angeles this year.....    I might have to find a way to be there!

Looking at some of the games, I hope they get Buffalo early in the season again, just to avoid some bad December weather. Also, to be honest, the earlier we play the steelers the better. That way there's actually a good chance Andrew plays in it haha

My predictions: Colts start at Baltimore week 1. Finish at home vs Houston.  Go to Tennessee Thursday night and either @ Seattle @ Houston or @ Cinci for a SNF match up.