Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

30 for 30 ESPN Feb. 04 Tonight 9PM EST

King Colt

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 11:45 AM, jvan1973 said:

What did he do to botch it up? 

The way he treated Walter Payton. The way he treated Jim Harbaugh. IMO Ditka and his big mouth couldn't get along with Buddy Ryan and Ryan and his defense was the face of the team and Ditka couldn't handle it. We seen the results of what Ditka did to the Saints after he left the Bears. The 85 Bears team was Buddy Ryan's team even though he was listed as the DC.

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The way he treated Walter Payton. The way he treated Jim Harbaugh. IMO Ditka and his big mouth couldn't get along with Buddy Ryan and Ryan and his defense was the face of the team and Ditka couldn't handle it. We seen the results of what Ditka did to the Saints after he left the Bears. The 85 Bears team was Buddy Ryan's team even though he was listed as the DC.

That team/same core should've won more than 1 SB and because they didn't It's tough for me to say they are the best ever. Teams like the 49ers in 1989 and the Cowboys of the early 90's being 1992 were really loaded. Those are probably the 2 best teams I have ever seen in my lifetime. I did witness and do remember the Steelers of the late 70's as a kid when I first started watching but I still think the 49ers and Cowboys were the best IMO. The Patriots Dynasty has been Great too, 2004 being their best team IMO but none of their teams have had the talent the 49ers of the late 80's had or Cowboys in the early 90's had.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That team/same core should've won more than 1 SB and because they didn't It's tough for me to say they are the best ever. Teams like the 49ers in 1989 and the Cowboys of the early 90's being 1992 were really loaded. Those are probably the 2 best teams I have ever seen in my lifetime. I did witness and do remember the Steelers of the late 70's as a kid when I first started watching but I still think the 49ers and Cowboys were the best IMO. The Patriots Dynasty has been Great too, 2004 being their best team IMO but none of their teams have had the talent the 49ers of the late 80's had or Cowboys in the early 90's had.

That late 80s Niner team was the best team I've ever seen I think. They did it in a loaded NFC too.  For one season its hard to beat the 85 Bears and 91 Skins.  The documentary was very good even though I could never stand the Bears, being a lifelong Colts fan in Central Illinois. 

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The 85 Bears had one of the best defenses of all time but they wasn't a great all around team. The offense was designed to run and control the ball. Payton was the work horse and even though McMahan didn't put up big numbers because he didn't have to. As I recall the Bears offense did come alive in the playoffs. They beat the Giants 21-0 in the division game, the LA Rams 24-0 and then the super bowl 46-10 over the Patriots. I think the 85 bears were good enough to have more trips to the playoffs but the inter team bickering between Ditka and Ryan and the media playing it to the hilt, doomed the Bears.

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Harrison, James...coach Dungy....?

2 out of 3 is a lot to ask, I guess

I appreciate how hard it is (and should be) to get into the Hall-of-Fame.  But Marvin Harrison is tough to argue against, isn't he?

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The 85 Bears had one of the best defenses of all time but they wasn't a great all around team. The offense was designed to run and control the ball. Payton was the work horse and even though McMahan didn't put up big numbers because he didn't have to. As I recall the Bears offense did come alive in the playoffs. They beat the Giants 21-0 in the division game, the LA Rams 24-0 and then the super bowl 46-10 over the Patriots. I think the 85 bears were good enough to have more trips to the playoffs but the inter team bickering between Ditka and Ryan and the media playing it to the hilt, doomed the Bears.

They were 1 or 2 in the league in scoring in 85, so I believe your wrong. . The Bears WERE in the playoffs every year back then. McMahon was toast after what Charles Martin did to him the next year or they probably win it back to back. The Bears tried Fuller, Flutie, and Tomczak after that , with no success.  The McCaskeys were cheap and started letting players go over money, like Marshall. Also, they played in a conference that was stacked with some all time great teams every year.