Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bullitt, A Far Cry From The Eraser

chrisfarley

Bullitt is a good player. Stop moaning. Not everyone is Bob Sanders. I understand there are many spoiled fans.

Thing is, he's not that good. He is a serviceable, middle of the road NFL player who should be a special teams standout(he was) and a backup who starts a few games a year.

No one is Bob Sanders, not even Bob Sanders at this point in his career. I'm not calling for that, although it would be fantastic. A Mikell, for example, would be a huge improvement...can't understand why we didn't pursue him harder.

We did not cut Bob Sanders because we think Bullitt is better. We cut Sanders because he has played three games (and that's being nice) in two years and hasn't played in more than six in a season since he won the DPOY award. His contract was getting to the point where it was going to become a big cap number and the Colts did the right thing. They went to him and said you have not lived up to your contract we would you to redo your deal and take less. He told them no so they released him. Having Bullitt (who has proven to be starter type player in this league) made that a make able move rather than having to commit big money to a player who has proven to be injury prone and give you next to nothing as far as a return on your investment.

Since fans love to pick on the franchise when things don't always work out let's play it the other way, what would people be saying right now if we hadn't cut Sanders and he suffered another injury and missed most of the season? People would be screaming for Polian's head for not putting his ego aside and sticking with a guy who is never healthy and is just sucking up cap space that could be used to sign other players.

Also I do expect Sanders to play most of the year, it's a contract year, the last time he had one he played 15 games and won the DPOY award. Amazing what making money can do for one's health...

the fact remains that Sanders is healthy now. We struck out by cutting him. Yes we needed to take a chance and cut him. Was it a right choice? well, so far no.

He is healthy, young, and is one of the best SS in the league. If we didn't cut him, he would have been playing for us right now.

the fact remains that Sanders is healthy now. We struck out by cutting him. Yes we needed to take a chance and cut him. Was it a right choice? well, so far no.

He is healthy, young, and is one of the best SS in the league. If we didn't cut him, he would have been playing for us right now.

There is no way to know that Sanders would be healthy if he were playing for us right now. I'm not saying he wouldn't but there's no way to know that he would be.

He is healthy and is one of the best SS in the league. If we didn't cut him, he would have been playing for us right now.

No we did not, we had to make a choice, the past two years Sanders has been healthy going into the season and played three games and played one drive in one of them. The Colts did what you do with at player in that poistion they gave him a chance to come back for less money, Sanders camp told them no (his agent works for him and isn't going to do something Sanders doesn't want done). It was a bad contract the Colts had to get out of. Again if Sanders came back and was hurt people would be all over Polian for not cutting him. This is one of those moves fans were going to spin to try to attack Polian regardless of what he did. Polian made the right move based on what he knew at that time, he doesn't have a crystal ball. Also, Sanders has played all of two games let's check back in in about 10 weeks and see if he's still playing. This is a guy after all who has never played a full season in his career.

Reviewed the game twice. Melvin Bullitt was atrocious on multiple occasions. I don't get it, I thought he was one of our better players. Also, his tackling leaves a LOT to be desired. I was watching some of the San Diego game and did see Bob Sanders cut a few people down with his patented knee erasers. Yes, he also got an unfavorable assignment in trying to keep Gronkowski and the other TE from catching TD's but he is too short to do anything about that.

THANK YOU...He is not good as a starter PERIOD.