Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maniq

Nnamdi Asomugha could be cut

3 posts in this topic

I would have loved having him on the Colts...a few years ago. Hes getting paid out the butt to do very little for the Eagles. The Colts arent gonna have Freeney next year because of his age and salary so why would they pick up a bedly preforming CB in the same boat?

Andy Reid will definitely lose his job if he did that. This would be a dumb move because 1) they wont get much for it and 2) you dont make a statement by cutting a key marquee underachieving player

Bench Asomugha, that might work better.

They need a different defensive coaching staff, and different OC. Maybe they need a pocket passer for QB as opposed to the uncertainty with Vick, that might cure more ills, IMO.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Four Questions facing Colts after Signing Luck....
      When people say can he improve, I think they look at his performance in a very narrow statistical way, to take away from what he did. Yes last year was bad, but I believe that shoulder was hurt early, and then the ribs. No excuses, but he was battling injuries and getting killed from the first game. I never thought he looked comfortable in the first game, and it went downhill after that. But if you throw out last year, what he did in the first three years was incredible. Taking that team to the playoffs and going one more game forward in the playoffs each year with the team surrounding him. He put that team on his back, and that is why he had so many interceptions and fumbles. He tried to make plays which were not there at times. He forced the ball. No excuses once again, but he was put in a position right away where the team was going to rise or fall on his shoulders. I look at it from that perspective. I got mad everytime he locked onto a receiver, and could see the interception coming, but no one was asked to do more in their first three years. I believe the line will be greatly improved, and since the rush was coming up the middle, I believe he will have more time. I think Chud will roll him out, and give him short throws also to slow the rush. Chud. did incredible things for Cam Newton in his first year. I believe you will get the Andrew who played against Charlotte and Denver last year who was not hurt, and beat the Super Bowl champions and lost by 3 to the runner up.
    • Luck's Contract Structure
      I thought I would update something I found interesting about the contract. Andrew Brandt, ESPN's financial guy was on Mike and Mike. He said some interesting things. First, he felt the contract was a very good contract, and expected it to be higher. He looked at the cap numbers going forward, and thought it was a team friendly deal. He also said it had to be done, and this was the year to do it.   Second, I posted the cap numbers above and the structure of the contract. Brandt updated what he believed the cap numbers would be going forward, and they are higher than what I have heard, and he would know. I guess more TV revenue will be kicking in. He said in 2017, he felt the cap would go up to between 171-175M, which means Andrews cap hit for that year will only be around 11%. He also said he felt the cap numbers would continue to go up at a clip where the cap hit would be very reasonable, and not stop the team from signing young talent we drafted, and have some extra room for possible FA's. He mentioned the cap would be above 200M much sooner than I anticipated.   Last, and what I thought was the most important point. Brandt said he thought the contract possibly would be the first fully guaranteed contract. He said he had other cap guys who thought this might happen also. The fact it was "only 87M" guaranteed surprised him a bit, which he felt was another bright spot for the contract and the Colts going forward.  
      As far as the haters and comments, I was watching Mike & Mike this morning and he said something very true. He said he was on Twitter for awhile discussing the contract after it was signed, and it was clear to him the only people who did not like the contract in general were people who rooted for a team without a top QB. I thought it explained the so called haters really well.
    • Andrew luck signs
      Absolutely.  Are the Pats better now?  Of course.  But its a different situation.  They have the proven, multi-Superbowl winning QB but who is near the twilight of his career.  Luck has not won a title yet but has a bundle of potential and MANY more years to do it.  I think sometimes when they post things they compare the situation to their own team, which is insane.  Of course Brady is worth more than Luck at THIS stage in their careers.  But they aren't the same age people!  Not even close.  And Brady has taken less to give the Pats more cap room, this is true.  Of course his WIFE makes WAY more than he does, and he makes plenty, so it would be easier to do that (not to mention the money he makes in endorsement opportunities).  They are totally different situations really.  But I don't think Pats fans see that.  I'm sure they would rather the Colts let Luck walk and watch the Colts rebuild again.
      I think its funny reading all the haters posting comments at the bottom.  Like what were the Colts supposed to do, let him walk and rebuild?  They wish.
  • Welcome New Members

• Members

• MAIK

MAIK 0

Rookie
    • Gavin

Gavin 6,330

• chelsea_fc

chelsea_fc 74

• GoatBeard

GoatBeard 108

• kam0327

kam0327 0

Rookie
    • ColtsReign

ColtsReign 13

• CR91

CR91 4,079

• Derakynn

Derakynn 887

• Jason_S

Jason_S 4,244

• Kevin Bowen

Kevin Bowen 160

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.