Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Justice is not working out.

Coffeedrinker

Actually the definition of a horrible lineman is doing something incorrectly numerous times.

Yes, Link was really bad last year but you did not say Justice was an improvement over Link (which is debatable) you said the Oline is improved and that we don't know yet.

Yes, I know what cohesion means but please explain how it would have helped on that play? It didn't look like anybody did something someone didn't expect. So I would like that explained.

That is a completely hilarious statement. I'm sure glad those non talented players like Glenn, Meadows, Diem, McKinney, Saturday, Scott, Lilja, DeMulling had discipline. The could not stand up to the likes of Justice and McGlynn and Satele when it comes to talent.

last time i checked horrible meant being bad in all phases which justice isnt even close to being

Justice being better than jeff isnt debatable it at all jeff always got pushed in the backfield and usually got manhandled... not so with justice

tbh im not paying attention to that play individually im talking about in general, you cant have a perfect game so obviously you will have plays where things didnt go your way

Thats not hilarious at all, having discipline means know what you should do and how to do it.. guys like saturday and glenn know how to do all of that perfectly... everytime the defense was horrible in the run what did polian preach? "gap discipline".... meaning knowing what your suppose to do and doing it the right way. Once this new set of oline learns that they will be fine cause this line has the talent more so than they did last year.

Especially when you are blocking a 3-4 front. That backside backer takes himself out of the play as soon as he is at the LOS by hitting that gap. That is why the center should come off and shield not drive block when he's coming through, he is supposed to delay his ability to turn and chase.

That is incorrect, look how everyone else is blocking that is a designed off tackle run. If the play was designed to go up the hole the LB takes. Avery would not have come in motion thus bringing a CB close to the middle, Olsen would be man to man with his guy Satele would punch the guy over Reitz so Reitz can get position and then go get the LB, you don't double team a guy (which means two players lock up and engage the defender) and then expect one of those lineman doing the double team to break off and get a guy at the point of attack. When going against a 3-4 you set things up so a LB takes himself out of the play, so you show a gap that is away from the designated hole.

lmao, Justice is trying to keep his guy to the outside. Based on the rest of your post I thought you understood line play but that sentence would seem to negate that. Think of this... even if Satele comes off the double team and takes the LB on the delay there is no hole for Brown to run to in that situation. No lineman is going to come off a double team and then drive block a LB running a full speed, that would be one of the worst design blocking schemes I have ever seen.

I played offensive line/defensive line in high school and offensive line for two years in college so I think I know a thing or two about blocking schemes. And the backside didn't take himself out the play actually he is right there in browns face in the hole causing brown to bounce outside. See the backside tackle(castonzo) suppose to just run his man upfield like pass protection like he did(defender takes hisself out the play. Play side tackle attacks inside shoulder to get inside leverage and keep defender on outside. Center and guard combo block to backer which Satele fails to come off. If it was a off tackle run the QB and rb exchange would be at an angle right off the tackles butt. Yet this handoff was right behind the center and RG meaning that's suppose to be an inside run right up the centers butt. If the backer tries to go over the the top of the NT double team the guard would come off and pick him up. If the backer comes through the backside A gap the center comes off and picks him up(which Satele doesn't) which leaves him free to make the play well in this case makes brown bounce outside right into Justice's man. The play starts right on the hash mark. The handoff occurs right on the hash mark and brown is coming straight downhill to start the backers fills the hole and he bounces it right into justice man

last time i checked horrible meant being bad in all phases which justice isnt even close to being

Justice being better than jeff isnt debatable it at all jeff always got pushed in the backfield and usually got manhandled... not so with justice

tbh im not paying attention to that play individually im talking about in general, you cant have a perfect game so obviously you will have plays where things didnt go your way

Thats not hilarious at all, having discipline means know what you should do and how to do it.. guys like saturday and glenn know how to do all of that perfectly... everytime the defense was horrible in the run what did polian preach? "gap discipline".... meaning knowing what your suppose to do and doing it the right way. Once this new set of oline learns that they will be fine cause this line has the talent more so than they did last year.

Did you record the game on DVR?