Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A trade still possible?

BProland85

I agree. To me it's just too much money to spend without it working toward future years.

I also agree that before the draft was the time to move him if he were going to be moved, but if the first 4-5 weeks his play isn't near what he used to be, then I think you seriously have to look at trade partners. We might have a lot of cap space next year, but if we can salvage space this year, and roll it in to next year, then if it's not used it can be done again for 2014.

Trade deadline is expected to be Week 8. Worst case scenario, a trade would save up $7 million against the cap. But, regardless, Freeney is a really, really good player. A midseason trade is unlikely to net us very much (Pats got a second for Richard Seymour, but it was the Raiders, so it's really more like a third, plus he was younger than Freeney is now, and it was done before the start of the season). I just think a trade anytime after the start of the season leaves us way on the short end, even with the cap space.

Trade deadline is expected to be Week 8. Worst case scenario, a trade would save up $7 million against the cap. But, regardless, Freeney is a really, really good player. A midseason trade is unlikely to net us very much (Pats got a second for Richard Seymour, but it was the Raiders, so it's really more like a third, plus he was younger than Freeney is now, and it was done before the start of the season). I just think a trade anytime after the start of the season leaves us way on the short end, even with the cap space.

You're right.. The key would be an extension, I'm not not sure if that is even on the table at this point.

addison wasnt in vs ben and hughes was in sub packages. i dont recall him making a play while ben was in

Mathis and Freeney only played 2 series. Hughes/Addison both came in at the same time and were in for 2 series against Roethlisberger before he gave way to Batch. It sure looked like a good portion of the starting O-line stayed in with Batch as well.

Mathis and Freeney only played 2 series. Hughes/Addison both came in at the same time and were in for 2 series against Roethlisberger before he gave way to Batch. It sure looked like a good portion of the starting O-line stayed in with Batch as well.

that spin move by addison on adams was awesome.

FJC....

This entire thread is a real Tour de Force for you... Superman's contributions have been great too.

I'd only add this minor point that you were unsure about.... players are paid over 17 weeks (including the bye) and not 16 (per game)

That's all...... otherwise, this is the FJC show, and it's great!! :thmup:

FJC....

This entire thread is a real Tour de Force for you... Superman's contributions have been great too.

I'd only add this minor point that you were unsure about.... players are paid over 17 weeks (including the bye) and not 16 (per game)

That's all...... otherwise, this is the FJC show, and it's great!! :thmup:

Thanks,

I was fairly certain it was 17, but didn't have the time to look it up.