Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Michael Mcadoo/supplemental Draft

natelombardi

i think the colts should take a lok. he is 6'7 250 from unc and plays de if he is available in the fourth round we should consider him. he would of been a 1st or 2nd rounder if he were not suspended and also we will be looking to replace freeney soon. also hughes seems to be a bust and is a waste of money and a roster spot so rather than pryor we should look at him in the supplemental draft. i didnt see any big dt or i would of said to look at them. what do u guys think

Hughes is having a great off-season thus far, so I'm sure where the bust talk is coming from. Especially since he's coming in to a DL that usually requires 2 years of development. If, after 3 years, he's shown he can't play, then we cut him. Knee-jerk roster movements are exactly why the Raiders are where they are.

A "big" DT doesn't mean a "good" DT. There's a reason why there are only 3 or 4 in the league above 330 who can actually play and have an impact.

why does everyone consider people busts if they don't put up the most amazing numbers ever their first year. You can't judge a player until they have at least 3 years in the LG. Hughes was undersized to begin with he needed to sit behind freeney and Mathis and learn build up his strength and just get better overall. 90% of the time pass rushers do "nothing" there first year so just wait and see before you judge it will pay off in the end.

why does everyone consider people busts if they don't put up the most amazing numbers ever their first year. You can't judge a player until they have at least 3 years in the LG. Hughes was undersized to begin with he needed to sit behind freeney and Mathis and learn build up his strength and just get better overall. 90% of the time pass rushers do "nothing" there first year so just wait and see before you judge it will pay off in the end.

He's about the same size as Freeney and Mathis (a little lighter than DF, a little bigger than RM). Freeney was a freak who was exceptional by the end of his first season. Mathis was mainly STs until he did so well they couldn't take him off the field.

You're right, you can't call him a bust yet. He may still develop. But when UDFA's are playing better than him you have be concerned. He looked decent last night, maybe there's hope.

well hughes completly sucks he doesnt get tackles he waste space on the field and i dont care if the colts are my team i wont vouch for him it is what it is. and our dt's cant get any push or stop the run so i dont know what colts footbal u watch but its time to get some beef at dt as weel as on the o line. lol maybe u watch differnt games than i do. same old colts defence 1st thru 4th down try to rush the qb or blitz to stop the run and get blown off the ball....FACTS

well hughes completly sucks he doesnt get tackles he waste space on the field and i dont care if the colts are my team i wont vouch for him it is what it is. and our dt's cant get any push or stop the run so i dont know what colts footbal u watch but its time to get some beef at dt as weel as on the o line. lol maybe u watch differnt games than i do. same old colts defence 1st thru 4th down try to rush the qb or blitz to stop the run and get blown off the ball....FACTS

Anyone have an 'auto-translate' app?

Dude, please give us a break if you want people to take you serious.

Apparently, Chick and Hughes are both doing pretty well this offseason. That means we could potentially have 4 DEs with Freeney, Mathis, Chick and Hughes. Add in that Anderson can play DE and Foster has played it too and we have plenty of depth at that position. Also, we will be looking to replace Freeney soon? Why?

Wow, talk about letting some steam out. So you're suggesting that we draft a DE in the supplemental draft only because of the fact that Hughes hasn't put up any numbers jet. You basically want to waste a draftpick on another DE that might take similar amount of time to develop into a serviceable player - heck in 2 yrs you may end up saying the same thing about him. We're stacked at DE for now.

i think the colts should take a lok. he is 6'7 250 from unc and plays de if he is available in the fourth round we should consider him. he would of been a 1st or 2nd rounder if he were not suspended and also we will be looking to replace freeney soon. also hughes seems to be a bust and is a waste of money and a roster spot so rather than pryor we should look at him in the supplemental draft. i didnt see any big dt or i would of said to look at them. what do u guys think

Where do you get the idea that McAdoo was heading to the first or second round? He hasn't even started a game in college yet, and first rounders aren't made of awesome spring games (like McAdoo had). He's showed potential, but he's never put it together. If his spring game is any indication, he could be a really good player, but so many players are spring scrimmage champs that never become that guy.

well smonroe before you clicked your mouse to read. you saw that i posted it. so from now on just dont read my threads. stop hatin. i hate haters.

No hate. Really. I just have a problem getting through your long posts when you use no punctuation.

Maybe I'm just old school.

Where do you get the idea that McAdoo was heading to the first or second round? He hasn't even started a game in college yet, and first rounders aren't made of awesome spring games (like McAdoo had). He's showed potential, but he's never put it together. If his spring game is any indication, he could be a really good player, but so many players are spring scrimmage champs that never become that guy.

Here's the summation of a scouting report from SBnation:

"Still, it's impossible to feel confident about a player who never started a game and looked his best in a glorified practice. Add in not playing a season, and it's unlikely a team will spend more than a seventh-round pick on McAdoo."