Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bronco Training Camp

Gavin

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- The NFL Network throughout Thursday evening will do “live look-ins” at the games in action. The NFL Network will have a reporter (Ian Rapaport) on the sidelines in Chicago, so it is a reasonable assumption that at least Peyton Manning’s debut will air live.

- The game will be broadcast in full on NFL Network at 12:00 a.m. Eastern / 10 p.m. Mountain.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/08/08/broncos-preseason-opener-tv-facts/14752/

Game Time Review

Bronco Games

Thursday's ( Vs Bears ) game is being shown 4 times, NFL Network TV

This thursday night / Friday Morning at Midnight Eastern time

Friday 8/10 @ 10 AM, & Sunday 8/12 @ 10:30 AM & on 8/14 @ 8 PM on nfl network ALL TIMES EASTERN TIME ZONE NFL

Sunday 8/19 11 pm Broncos Vs Seattle, only 1 currently listed, NFL Netrwork, schedule shown only goes for a week or 2, sure more will be listed

Colt Game Vs Rams

Netwok Direct Tv 130 PM, & 10:30 Pm on 8/12 & 8/13 9 AM FOR COLTS 1st preseason game , all eastern

Peyton Manning looks sharp after Denver

If practice counts, ( my comment THATS THE BIG IF )

then Peyton Manning just had one of his best as a Bronco.

The 36-year-old quarterback was especially sharp during the team's training camp workout Monday morning. Manning hit Eric Decker perfectly in stride on a go route toward one end of the field — the ball travelled roughly 50 yards in the air with the receiver making a fingertip catch — and hit Decker again on a deep post route toward the other end zone, this time with Champ Bailey in close proximity.Bailey shouted his disgust

also had a 30-yard or so completion down the left sideline to Demaryius Thomas,

and threw touchdown passes on three consecutive goal-to-go passes from the 9.

:Peyton Manning looks sharp after Denver Broncos adjust practice time - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz23SpYZgcT

Demaryius Thomas making red-zone impact with Broncos, Peyton Manning

Monday he flashed some potential for impact in a red-zone drill.

Peyton Manning hit Thomas on back-to-back plays, once in single coverage against 11-time Pro Bowl selection Champ Bailey and once when it appeared safety Rahim Moore was slow to locate Thomas in traffic

:Demaryius Thomas making red-zone impact with Broncos, Peyton Manning - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...n#ixzz23SqsdTJ8

Training Camp 2012: Day 19

Detail Report & Picture

http://blog.denverbr...mp-2012-day-19/

With all due respect to Peyton, he no longer plays for the Colts, so I no longer will be a fan of his. I will root for him, but I bleed blue.

He didn't have the zip he used to have, but I can see him being about 60%. Peyton's 60% is still better than the average.

With all due respect to Peyton, he no longer plays for the Colts, so I no longer will be a fan of his. I will root for him, but I bleed blue.

He didn't have the zip he used to have, but I can see him being about 60%. Peyton's 60% is still better than the average.

I am just presenting articles sent to me by Denver Family, Many still follow him though bleed blue, I have bleed blue since mid 1950/s , wont change now & Colts come first, yet due to a myriad of reasons that many on forum know about , even posted on newest of them in misc section http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/6839-open-letter-to-all-my-forum-friends-why-i-am-not-here/

, I have very limited time so I read Colts part of forum , occasionally comment but reprint what was sent to me hear as thats about all time I have and others dont do it. Its easy to copy & paste something sent to u

U can read or not read, your choice & respect & understand it

I also agree he is not 100 % , think he is better than 60 % & yes with that mind it makes him better than most,

He needs more chemistry with receivers IN GAME SITUATIONS not in practice, that's why was surprised he only had 1 drive and esp surprised he didn't go back in to try goal to goal situation when Broncos got fumbl;e and ball on the 6 yard line

Barry

Bayone, I think it's insulting to other NFL QBs to say that Peyton is better than most at 60%. Statistically, that's not even close to true.

Win/loss record, game stats, etc., proves that such an assumption is entirely false. In fact, Peyton would have to be at 95% to be "better than most," statistically speaking.

PS , I remember well when, under different circumstances Unitas went to the Chargers, did I follow him after that , yes,

Did I still want the Colts to beat chargers if / when they played that brief 1 year period, a Resounding Yes

As said many are interested in following Peyton still, not that they dont bleed blue, & appreciate these links

it not only takes time to copy & paste links, each touch of the keyboard may cause painful finger spasm or lock up of joints, ( only 1 of my progressive neurological problem's since 1988 )

I feel I am providing a service to many friends & will continue as i can but may eventually be forced to stop once Dr appointments pick up again

, again u can read or not, its your choice & I respect it

Bayone, I think it's insulting to other NFL QBs to say that Peyton is better than most at 60%. Statistically, that's not even close to true.

Win/loss record, game stats, etc., proves that such an assumption is entirely false. In fact, Peyton would have to be at 95% to be "better than most," statistically speaking.

I said I also agree he is not 100 % , think he is better than 60 % & yes with that mind it makes him better than most

It was 1st quote that said better than average at 60% not mine, I think he's 80 % and with ability to read the D if he can get chemistry with receivers as discussed in different comment then yes at 80 % with chemistry he is better than most in my humble i opinion, i give alot of great to his mind

I respect yopur opinion & yes QB's are playing betterv each year and that line to eliteness is getting closer & I am not saying Peyton is still elite, he has to show that in Real game situations, his schedule 2nd hardest after his Brother is a killer and will really test him

Peyton has as good an opportunity as anyone to go for another ring and who wouldn't love to see Peyton get one more ring? I love the Colts and want to see them do very well this season, but I would just love to see Peyton get one more (I will however lament that he was not wearing blue and white)

Peyton has as good an opportunity as anyone to go for another ring and who wouldn't love to see Peyton get one more ring? I love the Colts and want to see them do very well this season, but I would just love to see Peyton get one more (I will however lament that he was not wearing blue and white)

Does not look right in Bronco Uniform

Let us never forget he gave up his body doing all he can for this team and I think we never gave him the OL he needed & the D he needed, & cetainly not the Running atack he needed inlater years , thus no all around team & that lesson will benefit Colts now , all he did was stay on field for 80 yard multiplay drives and unless u r a Dr and watched to see the hits he took & found pictures of such on line , after delivering throws in less than 2 seconds u cant appreciate what he really went threw

MAJOR SETBACK FOR DENVER OL

Chris Kuper

broke one of the bones in his left forearm and will miss six weeks, which would include the team's first three regular-season games.

Kuper suffered the injury early in Tuesday's practice

6 weeks would include the team's first three regular-season games.

:Broncos' Chris Kuper to miss six weeks with broken forearm - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...e#ixzz23Y4C81Pk

In his absence, the Broncos are expected to start Manny Ramirez at right guard. There is also a chance the Broncos could move Orlando Franklin in from right tackle and start either Chris Clark or Ryan Harris at right tackle.

Whatever the solution, Kuper will be difficult to replace.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/08/14/kuper-weeks-broken-ulna/14842/

Details on Todays, Thursdays Practice , who did what etc

Peyton some nice deep connections & good situtional football

But 3 injuries, Kuper as above , broken left forearm &

running back Ronnie Hillman (hamstring) (my comment just when it had healed and he ran well yesterday ) and defensive end Jason Hunter (triceps).

http://blog.denverbr...mp-2012-day-20/

MAJOR SETBACK FOR DENVER OL

Chris Kuper

broke one of the bones in his left forearm and will miss six weeks, which would include the team's first three regular-season games.

Kuper suffered the injury early in Tuesday's practice

6 weeks would include the team's first three regular-season games.

:Broncos' Chris Kuper to miss six weeks with broken forearm - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...e#ixzz23Y4C81Pk

In his absence, the Broncos are expected to start Manny Ramirez at right guard. There is also a chance the Broncos could move Orlando Franklin in from right tackle and start either Chris Clark or Ryan Harris at right tackle.

Whatever the solution, Kuper will be difficult to replace.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/08/14/kuper-weeks-broken-ulna/14842/

Oh, no no no!!! That's terrible... This might save Ryan Harris' from being cut.

What does "60%" mean? What is 95%, or 100%? It's an entirely subjective standard that's impossible to measure. It doesn't mean anything, really.

The point is that Manning, not fully healthy, is better than a lot of quarterbacks who are fully healthy. Maybe that's insulting to those quarterbacks that he'd be better than, but I don't think many would disagree. Would you? Would you rather have Manning at whatever percent he's at right now (most reports are that he's not quite back to what he was before his surgery), or would you rather have Joe Flacco or Alex Smith?

Peyton Manning: I’m 36, my arm isn’t the same as when I was 22

Peyton Manning acknowledges that he doesn’t have the arm strength he used to.

But Manning says that’s because of age, not injury.

“I still have strength to recover, still have work to do,” Manning said. “I am 36 years old. My arm has a lot of yards and a lot of touchdowns on it, so it’s probably not going to be the same as it was when it was 22, but I still think it can complete some passes. I can move the chains and hopefully get our offense into the end zone this year.”

+++ The real question for Manning isn’t how his arm strength at age 36 compares to his arm strength at age 22. It’s how his arm strength at age 36 compares to his arm strength at age 34.

+++ If Manning can be more or less the same player this year that he was in 2010, then the Broncos have one of the best players in the NFL under center

The good news for the Broncos is that Manning’s brain has always been a bigger part of his game than his arm.

http://bleacherrepor...tm_campaign=nfl

Besides Kupers injury see comment # 212

* the News Gets Worse,

Projected DE starter Broncos' Jason Hunter out at least two months with triceps tear

This was a practice injury

Broncos defensive tackle Ty Warren suffered a similar injury at about the exact same time last year. After initially holding out hope of returning for the final six weeks of the season, Warren opted to have season-ending surgery.

:Broncos' Jason Hunter out at least two months with triceps tear - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz23dJ5pB4f

Peyton Manning: I’m 36, my arm isn’t the same as when I was 22

Peyton Manning acknowledges that he doesn’t have the arm strength he used to.

But Manning says that’s because of age, not injury.

“I still have strength to recover, still have work to do,” Manning said. “I am 36 years old. My arm has a lot of yards and a lot of touchdowns on it, so it’s probably not going to be the same as it was when it was 22, but I still think it can complete some passes. I can move the chains and hopefully get our offense into the end zone this year.”

+++ The real question for Manning isn’t how his arm strength at age 36 compares to his arm strength at age 22. It’s how his arm strength at age 36 compares to his arm strength at age 34.

+++ If Manning can be more or less the same player this year that he was in 2010, then the Broncos have one of the best players in the NFL under center

The good news for the Broncos is that Manning’s brain has always been a bigger part of his game than his arm.

I saw some video clips of the camp yesterday. His throws look just fine to my untrained eye and the long one to Thomas looked great. He may never be back to close to 100%, but I think it's a non-issue. Coaches and teammates are not worried, so why should we? There are lots of ways to win other than just throwing bombs. Just ask Al Davis's spirit :)

Besides Kupers injury see comment # 212

* the News Gets Worse,

Projected DE starter Broncos' Jason Hunter out at least two months with triceps tear

This was a practice injury

Broncos defensive tackle Ty Warren suffered a similar injury at about the exact same time last year. After initially holding out hope of returning for the final six weeks of the season, Warren opted to have season-ending surgery.

:Broncos' Jason Hunter out at least two months with triceps tear - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz23dJ5pB4f

This is just great. Another setback. I hope Wolfe is ready to start...

I saw some video clips of the camp yesterday. His throws look just fine to my untrained eye and the long one to Thomas looked great. He may never be back to close to 100%, but I think it's a non-issue. Coaches and teammates are not worried, so why should we? There are lots of ways to win other than just throwing bombs. Just ask Al Davis's spirit :)

=======================================================================

Its Wolf Or Ayers, Wolf is doing quite well, but there goes depth and Hunter was a great surprise to all, so now both OL & DL affected

Hill-man keeps re injuring same hamstring , Leohnard they not sure when he is ready & then signed Brookings and hes hurt too in his first practice and may miss all preseason & LB williams who would start is of course suspended for 6 games and up against another charge

=====================================================

I have seen many clips of Peyton throwing, some with great spirals deep, others more fluttery but he never had great spirals

Some better than others on zip , real game situations will tell, thats the only way to know

Peyton hasnt thrown many bombs in years, often does to keep D honest and thinking, But DT has to learn to run to the Pylon on the fades

Here is a link to an archive of videos, pick & chopose

http://www.denverbro...e2-f236439142f1

same presented in different format when picking may be easier

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/video-browser/most-recent-videos.html

D.J. Williams convicted of driving while ability-impaired

casting further doubt on the star tackler's playing time this season.

already is facing a six-game suspension in a separate case for a violation of the NFL's performance-enhancing drugs policy.

He could be sentenced in six weeks, although it's not clear how much jail time, if any, he might serve.

Williams is currently scheduled to be reinstated for theBroncos' Oct. 28 game against the New Orleans Saints, although NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell could punish him further for this conviction.

"It will be reviewed under our policies," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000050613/article/dj-williams-convicted-of-driving-while-abilityimpaired

Hunter has surgery ( cant find that link ) may now be out 4 months if not a year like Ty Warren last year who if I remember right had similar surgery

Fox said Hunter would miss at least four months , meaning Hunter would likely end up on injured reserve.

:Broncos looking for next men up front on offensive and defensive lines - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...d#ixzz23hsPxHND

With defensive end Jason Hunter expected to miss four months after undergoing triceps surgery, rookie Derek Wolfe is ready to step up.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Wolfe-Ready-for-Opportunity/507212b8-89d1-4b57-875c-d9d5cec375e8

According to the Denver Post‘s Mike Klis, Hunter will likely miss the entire season due to the injury.

Barring a medical miracle, Jason Hunter is
in 2012. The Broncos’ starting defensive end suffered a torn right triceps during an early training camp drill Tuesday.

Denver Post Story Re out for the season

Training Camp 2012: Day 22 Thursday

ROLL CALL

Defensive end Jason Hunter (triceps), guard Chris Kuper (forearm), safety Jim Leonhard (knee), safety Quinton Carter (hamstring and knee), cornerback Tracy Porter (illness), linebacker Keith Brooking (hamstring), linebacker Danny Trevathan (ankle), running back Ronnie Hillman (hamstring) and linebacker D.J. Williams (personal matter) did not participate in Thursday’s practice

Newest injuries Defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson (concussion) and cornerback Joshua Moore (hamstring) left practice early.

On two occasions during special teams drills, Manning took time to get extra reps with his wide receivers. First, Manning, Thomas and Eric Decker worked on red-zone passing. During a different special teams drill later in practice, Manning got some extra reps with veteran wide receiver Brandon Stokley near the end zone.

For Details & pictures

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/training-camp-2012-day-22/

Peyton Manning puts in extra work at Broncos' final full practice

:Peyton Manning puts in extra work at Broncos' final full practice - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21329179/peyton-manning-extra-work-broncos-final-practice#ixzz23kCFfkHk

i am hearing reports manning flew 80 yards for a touchdown today in training camp

I seen a 70 yarder to Decker earlier this week. I hope someone can find this 80 yarder report.

Farthest I ever read in absolute yardage was one ball was aired 50 yards before fell in receivers hands and he then took it too the house so the 50 didnt include YAC, this was some days ago,

maybe they meant with yards after catch with what u r saying

when u say u saw 70 yarder do u mean

a. u were at the camp and saw the ball in the air for 70 yards sounds as if ball sailed in air 70 yards , If find will post

b. a report of a 70 yard catch but did that include yards after the catch ??

THe Flew 70 sounds as if was in air that long , was it complete

know just other day he threw a short pass to lance ball out of the backfield who ran 65 yards for td similar to luck to brown but Ball caught the ball already in positive yardage, not behind the line of scrimmage like brown

PS

there was 1 play early in training camp or the scrimmage where on the first throw peyton purposely overthrew a deep D.Thomas by a good 10 yards just to alert the d to watch out & keep the possibility in their mind that there wont be just short throws & to quell quesstions he couldnt throw deep but yardage wasnt noted

Farthest I ever read in absolute yardage was one ball was aired 50 yards before fell in receivers hands and he then took it too the house so the 50 didnt include YAC, this was some days ago,

maybe they meant with yards after catch with what u r saying

when u say u saw 70 yarder do u mean

a. u were at the camp and saw the ball in the air for 70 yards sounds as if ball sailed in air 70 yards , If find will post

b. a report of a 70 yard catch but did that include yards after the catch ??

THe Flew 70 sounds as if was in air that long , was it complete

know just other day he threw a short pass to lance ball out of the backfield who ran 65 yards for td similar to luck to brown but Ball caught the ball already in positive yardage, not behind the line of scrimmage like brown

It was a report said it was a bomb that went for 70 yard TD. It was to Decker, so it maybe the 50 yarder you seen, and he ran the rest. They didnt specify, just a long pass that went for a 70 yard TD.

It was a report said it was a bomb that went for 70 yard TD. It was to Decker, so it maybe the 50 yarder you seen, and he ran the rest. They didnt specify, just a long pass that went for a 70 yard TD.

Including YAC he threw many deep TDs., Problem though he still isnt on page with receivers save really for Decker,

Yesterday he took Stockley, D.T & Decker after practice / training camp aside and worked on timing / routes

When I read camp reports on red zone practice he can throw 3 td in a row then miss a couple with wrong routes so looks like he over or under threw them, yesterday Grnakowski had easy TD and ran wrong route cutting the wrong way , Its a shame , seems like will take some real games to get timing right, Why Thomas, who by the way also seems to drop easy completions in practice just cant run the route tree or learn to just get to that pylon must really be frustrating to Peyton

Peyton also unlike with colts gives multiple reps to backup QB's and takes time now to teach, in fact yesterday , Peyton gfave all 2 minute drills

This is the 1 year he needs the reps

-----------------------------------------------------

Thursday Practice Details

Peyton Manning gets picked off by Rahim Moore on a pass meant for Chris Gronkowski, who didn’t run through the pass pattern.

( seems like every day in practice Peyton has thrown 1 IT in endzone from what I have read often due to route running )

The line of scrimmage is the 21 and the Offense is moving toward midfield and featuring the "No Huddle." Manning’s first pass goes incomplete because Eric Decker slips coming out of his route.

Situational drill. The scenario is: 4th Quarter, 1:35 left on the clock. 1st and 10 at their own 35 yard line. No timeouts and down by 4 points. A touchdown is needed. Oh, and Manning is sitting this one out.

( read somewhere else sat out all the 2 minute drills yesterday )

NOT THAT THERRE WERENT GOOD PLAYS IN A ROW TOO &

I never read reports like this from Colts camp, only that nothing ever touched the ground but that may be just route running and not fulll training situations

http://www.milehighr...16-12#storyjump

Peyton Manning willing to build up other Denver Broncos QBs

-As the years have spun by, Peyton Manning has been described man ways. A Hall of Famer. An MVP. And in the swirl that has come with Manning's arrival in Denver, the Broncos themselves have added another: teacher. 20080531_095504_singlepixel.gif

:Denver Broncos, Peyton Manning News, Scores, Roster, Stats - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos.../#ixzz23npij3As

-As the years have spun by, Peyton Manning has been described man ways. A Hall of Famer. An MVP. And in the swirl that has come with Manning's arrival in Denver, the Broncos themselves have added another: teacher.

***** CORRECT LINK ******

he goes so far as to explain to yopung QBs why even on just throwing to Del; Rios son why one pass is better than another

" Even something as simple as a training camp progression drill, with the quarterbacks, by themselves, throwing passes to assistant equipment manager Mike Harrington or even Luke Del Rio, Jack's son, has become a teaching moment. Manning will often stop the drill for a few moments and explain why one pass was a better option than another.

Or he will explain how the defense would have played it in a game, where the defensive back would have cheated, the best way to look off the safety and come back around for the completion. " etc etc etc

http://www.denverpos...-denver-broncos

Broncos' Manning could see 2nd quarter vs. Seattle ( previous release said only1st quarter ) ; Porter, Vickerson to sit

Drayton Florence will replace Tracy Porter at starting right corner. Porter tweaked his hamstring this week, then was ill.

Kevin Vickerson, who started at defensive tackle in the preseason opener at Chicago, won't play Saturday because of a concussion suffered in practice Thursday. Justin Bannan will start alongside Ty Warren.

also sitting

most likely see below

:Broncos' Manning could see 2nd quarter vs. Seattle; Porter, Vickerson to sit - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...e#ixzz23pki6wC4

==============================================================

another article

Defensive end Jason Hunter (triceps), guard Chris Kuper (forearm), safety Quinton Carter (hamstring and knee), safety Jim Leonhard (knee), cornerback Tracy Porter (illness), linebacker Keith Brooking (hamstring), linebacker Danny Trevathan (ankle) and defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson (concussion) did not participate in the final practice of training camp.

Head Coach John Fox said that Porter will be a “game-time decision” Saturday evening, and the same goes for Hillman. ( NOTE _ RB rookie - keeps reinjuring same hamstring that caused him to miss 1st preseason game )

“I’ve liked him,” Fox said of Hillman. “Every time he’s been out there, he’s flashed. Whatever we deem is going to be the best for him and for us, we’ll move forward with that decision.”

http://blog.denverbr...12-camp-closes/

Broncos Injury Updates For Preseason Week 2 & seahawk notes

Bronco Injury details & seahawk Notes , like TO will play but Sidney Rice wont & others noted wont etc

http://www.milehighr...eek-2#storyjump

Broncos get return of defensive players S Carter, CB Porter, LB Trevathan in todays practice

out

Veteran Keith Brooking remains out with a sore hamstring, and Mike Mohamed is not practicing Monday because of a hamstring injury he suffered against Seattle.

Other players held out of practice include defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson (concussion), right guard Chris Kuper (forearm), defensive end Jason Hunter (triceps), cornerback Josh Moore (hamstring), and wide receivers Andre Caldwell (ribs) and Tyler Grisham (knee).

e:Broncos get return of defensive players Carter, Porter, Trevathan - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...n#ixzz247ICFpow

RB Ronnie Hillman, who has had Hamstring issues. is practicing ,

(( Note --- was a gametime no play decision if remember right

Drafted to be a speedy sproles type back, he has kept reinjuring same hamstring so hasnt yet played in a game ))

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/8/20/3256006/broncos-quinton-carter-back-at-practice

-As the years have spun by, Peyton Manning has been described man ways. A Hall of Famer. An MVP. And in the swirl that has come with Manning's arrival in Denver, the Broncos themselves have added another: teacher.

Thanks so much, Barry!

I was in the mountains for a just few days and there is already so much to catch up!

I love how Peyton is mentoring Brock Osweiler but I'm not ready to let him be just that. I heard him saying he and Eli are both trying to be the resource for all the young QBs in the league. It's really good of them.

I haven't seen game 2 yet but will soon. The word is Peyton looked better.

Thanks so much, Barry!

I was in the mountains for a just few days and there is already so much to catch up!

I love how Peyton is mentoring Brock Osweiler but I'm not ready to let him be just that. I heard him saying he and Eli are both trying to be the resource for all the young QBs in the league. It's really good of them.

I haven't seen game 2 yet but will soon. The word is Peyton looked better.

If u want opinions on game go here also I give times of M NFL newtwork replays, but after watching game replayed in we morning hours here , i can say he played much netter than his stats & the various negative comments I heard and highlights I had seen

http://forums.colts....12/page__st__40

in one of my comments it tells how on TV , the game anouncers they analyzed the deep overthrow to DT and announcers said watch DT run right by , then he sudenly puts hands on back of CB and slows down instead of runnning to bypass defender and maybe catch the ball

DT is having route problems in practice and in the game, he just doesnt get that u run to a certain spot and the bal;l will most likely be there, even if its just a back pylon