Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #8, Colts @ Texans, October 27, 2024, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Colts @Texans  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the Colts have an over-500 record (4-3), are you playing to win or to develop players?

• You play to win the game!
    • Play the young guys to develop them, even if that results in not making the playoffs.
    • Why not both? (Play young guys and play to win.)
  2. 2. JT is expected back today after being out with injury. Will he break 100 yards rushing?

3. 3. Who wins?

4. 4. Bonus Question: Would you like the Colts to be buyers or sellers before the trade deadline?

• Buyers -- we need to upgrade this team to make a playoff run
    • Sellers -- we need draft capital to continue to build this team
    • Neither -- I like this team as currently constituted.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2024 at 06:14 PM

Just now, NFLfan said:

Several of the Richardson detractors wanted Levis. Levis has not played that much better. If Levis was playing lights out, they would be pointing out that they wanted Levis and would post his stats.

Yeah, Levis wouldn’t be any better but the fact is Flacco gives us a better chance to win. He’s an actual nfl quarterback. Now we are two games back and the Texans have the tiebreaker. This sucks.

Calling plays to make easier throws and run the damn ball. That’s supposed to be Shane’s strength but he acting like AR is a seasoned pro. 
If they would have called qb draw late in the second quarter it’s a different game. 
im sick to my stomach watching this poor play calling and not calling plays to the players strength. It’s maddening 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just posted a post above giving my opinions of the game. I am logging out for a while because this forum is about to become a crap show. We already lost a close game, and I am not happy as it is, so I want to avoid the negativity which will make me sick. Have a nice night @NFLfan

Game not close as score shows

4 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Yeah, Levis wouldn’t be any better but the fact is Flacco gives us a better chance to win. He’s an actual nfl quarterback. Now we are two games back and the Texans have the tiebreaker. This sucks.

I get that. This was a winnable game.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just posted a post above giving my opinions of the game. I am logging out for a while because this forum is about to become a crap show. We already lost a close game, and I am not happy as it is, so I want to avoid the negativity which will make me sick. Have a nice night @NFLfan

Come back soon.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Things are gonna get worse as the opponent level gets a bit better 

5 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I agree 💯 

I have had family members tell me Colts are going to regret not taking Levis.

I'm like no they won't, Richardson is more athletic and he has JT.

IMO 

JT should be getting the ball at least 20 to 30 touches a game. When he is healthy, JMO 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EasyE said:

I agree 💯 

IMO 

JT should be getting the ball at least 20 to 30 touches a game. When he is healthy, JMO 

He had I think 20 this game. But he should have been fed more. I think we win a few other games feeding her more.

Especially the Packers game.

5 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I agree 💯 

IMO 

They both suck, and will have short careers. 

Just now, EasyE said:

Can the colts ise him long enough for the other Manning?? Lol 

Plus you have to remember Lamar Jackson had a few years of nothing but injuries before he was considered MVP almost every year. Just a thought!!

6 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

They both suck, and will have short careers. 

You can also say coaching him right could suck. Lol 

Usually the the bears are the best at ruining QBs.

But not anymore, they stacked their WRs and defense.

6 minutes ago, EasyE said:

You can also say coaching him right could suck. Lol 

Usually the the bears are the best at ruining QBs.

But not anymore, they stacked their WRs and defense.

Maybe, but his  issues typically don’t get fixed. He can’t make NFL throws.

2 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Maybe, but his  issues typically don’t get fixed. He can’t make NFL throws.

He hasn't had many NFL throws or college throws.

He hasn't been that bad. The kid deserves a break from the negativity..

Just now, EasyE said:

He hasn't had many NFL throws or college throws.

He hasn't been that bad. The kid deserves a break from the negativity..

Blame his coaching before him. IMO 

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

Being 2/15 isn’t on the coach that’s on the player. 

Of course it is. When your qb is 2 /15 and almost threw a pic the  play before. You run the ball because that is what a good coach does. He puts players in a position where they can succeed. This looked like a tight game going into the half. Every point and turnover would be crucial. Its li. That's what a coach is for. 

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Of course it is. When your qb is 2 /15 and almost threw a pic the  play before. You run the ball because that is what a good coach does. He puts players in a position where they can succeed. This looked like a tight game going into the half. Every point and turnover would be crucial. Its li. That's what a coach is for. 

The coach can call the right plays, but the player has to execute and the QB has to know to not do risky throws, when in your own end zone. Steichen isn’t throwing the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

The coach can call the right plays, but the player has to execute and the QB has to know to not do risky throws, when in your own end zone. Steichen isn’t throwing the ball. 

No he is not, but  he has to know that his qb is struggling. U get out of the half tied if u can, and u get the ball to strategy the 2nd half. I bet if u listen to every Colts podcast. They will come down hard kn Steichen as they should.