Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade deadline moves for Colts

BProland85

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

:facepalm:Contrary to popular beliefs, the Colts have their sights on winning the division....this year.

Really? That's a shock. Wouldn't know it from Ballard's tenure here. I always thought he wanted to miss the playoffs by one game and go 9-8.

2 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Really? That's a shock. Wouldn't know it from Ballard's tenure here. I always thought he wanted to miss the playoffs by one game and go 9-8.

I don't doubt that's what you think. You're buddy Chris Ballard will be at the helm for at least a couple more years ...so hang in there .

20 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

That's pretty optimistic. I can see us going 8 - 9, if we are lucky.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I don't doubt that's what you think. You're buddy Chris Ballard will be at the helm for at least a couple more years ...so hang in there .

Ballard could be a good GM if it weren't for his misplaced over-self-confidence in his beliefs. He's an ideologue, and that's dangerous for anyone in a decision-making position.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Ballard could be a good GM if it weren't for his misplaced over-self-confidence in his beliefs. He's an ideologue, and that's dangerous for anyone in a decision-making position.

Nothing wrong with believing in your principles and following them.  He’s the GM.  That’s what you expect from the good GM’s.  

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Fortunately Ballard is our GM and would not do that.  If anything we would be buyers not sellers at the deadline.  

I would be perfectly fine with that if we beat the Texans. I just don't want to stand pat. The Buckner trade is just an option I would possibly consider if we lose to the Texans. He has a year and a half left on his contract, so whether anyone wants to do it or not, it's probably fair value.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Then I hope we are buyers. If Ballard thinks we have a shot at the playoffs, then trade for a piece. We desperately need a TE.

I agree.  If we are buyers I would have no problem giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick to acquire a player that could help fill a hole and get us into the playoffs and be a contributor for the foreseeable future.  With so many teams being reported as sellers this would be the perfect time to strike and improve the team.

On 10/24/2024 at 4:06 PM, BProland85 said:

If this team gets back healthy for the most part, they could be players for a wildcard spot. That said, who are some realistic guys you’d like them to go trade for from other tanking teams? 

I’d like to go get David Njoku from the Browns. Fills a big need as this team hasn’t had a top all around TE since at least Doyle. And Njoku is much better in space than Doyle. He shouldn’t cost much either. I’d expect maybe around a 5th or 6th. He’d be a big help for AR. 

would be great but ballard likes to keep his draft bank like it is money