Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Texans predictions

danlhart87

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Taylor was full practice. He is playing Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

I think that is an error in the injury report. Taylor again was limited to individual drills. Not sure about Buck ....

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Nope he was full along with Buck today. They were limited yesterday.

I'm not totally convinced this is the case. Read below.....

Actually , I believe you guys are correct . All other reports are saying full..

Nate Atkins

@NateAtkins_

Josh Downs and Michael Pittman Jr. are back at practice today. Braden Smith and Ryan Kelly are also back at practice. Jonathan Taylor is practicing for a second straight day. He only did individuals today but is hopeful to progress to team drills.

10:05 AM · Oct 24, 2024

·

12 hours ago, dw49 said:

Nate Atkins

@NateAtkins_

Josh Downs and Michael Pittman Jr. are back at practice today. Braden Smith and Ryan Kelly are also back at practice. Jonathan Taylor is practicing for a second straight day. He only did individuals today but is hopeful to progress to team drills.

·

I didn’t think we practiced that early in the day.  Usually we have to wait until 5pm for any news on the practice.  Maybe that 10am tweet was still referencing the previous day’s practice…

12 hours ago, dw49 said:

Nate Atkins

@NateAtkins_

·

I posted the injury report from the colts yesterday above. It was full 

12 hours ago, dw49 said:

Nate Atkins

@NateAtkins_

·

The media does not get to watch practice after warm ups and individual drills. Nate’s tweet was worded weird and he was commenting on what Taylor said in the locker room before practice.

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

I didn’t think we practiced that early in the day.  Usually we have to wait until 5pm for any news on the practice.  Maybe that 10am tweet was still referencing the previous day’s practice…

Aktins mentions that Taylor practiced for a "second straight day " but you have a point with the time of that tweet. 

• Like 1

An interesting tidbit for this game.  I started tracking pff scores for the Colts’ starters last year and comparing them to those of our weekly opponents out of curiosity.  I suspected that I was vastly overestimating Colt players’ abilities, since I’m one of those annoyingly optimistic fans.  And I know that pff isn’t perfect, but at least it’s objective (of which I recognize I’m incapable).

At any rate, since I started tracking, our starters almost always have a higher average Pff score than our opponents, usually both on offense and defense.  Last year, it was pretty easy to see what was going on offensively: we always had a greatly superior OL and inferior skill positions.  On D, our entire DL was rated very high, LBs were meh, and the DBs were pretty average since we usually had a couple that were bringing up the avg (Moore, JuJu for a while, Blackmon for a while).

This week we have some pretty big Pff advantages.  Our average offensive pff is 69.9 vs. an average Texan D pff of 64.2.  Our avg D is 71.3 vs, their O of 64.6.  But the most interesting thing is the receivers.  Looking at the receiving corps of both teams, including TEs, and here is how their season long grades go:

Colts: Downs 79.9, MAC 78.2, Ogletree 73.7, Pierce 72.1, Pittman 70.1.

Texans: Diggs 77.2, Dell 61.8, Hutchinson 58.2, Schultz 54.1, Metchie 51.5.

I have a few takeaways:

1) A big limitation of pff score averaging like this is that it’s unweighted.  The fact that their QB is a 79.4 and ours is a 48.1 doesn’t affect the analysis as much as it should.

2) Specific to this game, the Texan passing game doesn’t appear to warrant the extra attention we gave it in week 1.  Of Course Nico Collins being out is a huge part of that.  Give some extra attention to Diggs in coverage, but I’d say we can concentrate a lot more in stopping Mixon (79.2).

3) Maybe our coaches and their game-planning aren’t so good.  They’re taking a talent advantage and not turning it into a really good record.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are about to find out what kind of team we really have. We have everyone back now. I think we win this game and shock people. 

I really hope so.  I initially think that we should use Olubi and Stuard to keep an extra LB in the box for much of the game.  Slow down Mixon.  But, we’ve had a tendency to make bad QBs look bettter - I’d hate to see CJ have a big breakout game against us.  We know he’s capable.  Maybe just a balanced D and hope Buckner makes a big difference…

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Archer said:

I really hope so.  I initially think that we should use Olubi and Stuard to keep an extra LB in the box for much of the game.  Slow down Mixon.  But, we’ve had a tendency to make bad QBs look bettter - I’d hate to see CJ have a big breakout game against us.  We know he’s capable.  Maybe just a balanced D and hope Buckner makes a big difference…

With Nico out I’m worried about their TE going off against us. That’s what has killed the Colts these past few weeks. Got to do a better job with these TEs.

• Like 3

No Collins so Dell may have a breakout day and we are getting healthy but in the end in the 4th quarter you go with the better QB and that is Stroud. Richardson may never be accurate and that is the fate of most QB's that do not last long in the NFL if he does than I accept it will take time but if he never does he will not last long in the league sadly  Texans 28 Colts 13

I can see it now, if we win, the negative Nelly's will say it was because Nico was out lmao . There are some people that are never happy and don't want to give us credit for anything. Most in here are still picking the Texans and they are favored 5 points. I have seen many in here still picking the Texans by double digits, so if we win, I don't want to hear it was because Nico was out. If I do, I am booing everyone of those posts.

• Like 1

We should mimic what the Packers did to them last week. Make them earn it and come from all angles. We'd be foolish to go into this game and do the exact thing we did last time. Knowing our beloved DC, this wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SSColts said:

We should mimic what the Packers did to them last week. Make them earn it and come from all angles. We'd be foolish to go into this game and do the exact thing we did last time. Knowing our beloved DC, this wouldn't surprise me.

We need to blitz Stroud a lot, he panics under pressure.

• Like 1

Nico out is a big deal.  It changes the game plan for the Colts.  I like our new corners going up against Dell and Diggs.  I like them better than Brent’s and Flowers the first game.  The first time we concentrated on stopping their passing game.  This time I don’t think that’s necessary.  I’m expecting us to contain Mixon this time and not worry so much about their passing game this go around.  I think we are going to win this matchup and move into 1st in our division.