Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defense

hambone35

18 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Exactly. If they could just make the first, initial tackle, the defense would be much better, even with the existing personnel.

Many times I was like "Yes, we got a man there"....then it's like "oh $#!+, he just bounced right off... there the other guy goes for 10 more yards...."   I miss the days where solid tackles were a mainstay.  This whole idea of hit em hard to cause a turn over is NOT working for us.  10 times out of 10 our guys on D just bounce off like rubber.  It's really pathetic.  Tackling is so fundamental it's in excusable.   It is a sad team we have where 3rd an long is still a regular down.   Whoever is in charge of tackling needs to be fired yesterday.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

very sad what he has done to the colts, we may be in line for the number one pick and i hope he does not do the picking

Could be.  Time will tell.  If he doesn't drastically change (which I doubt he will) I hope his time runs out. 

The DC needs to be held accountable.  We're in the 2nd quarter of the season and the D ain't looking good.   Something needs to change.

I'd love to have Mike Vrabel as the DC.  I'd also like Ballard to go through an exhaustive DC search, like he did for Shane.  That would prove he is willing to change (hopefully).

• Like 1

On 10/7/2024 at 9:46 PM, compuls1v3 said:

Could be.  Time will tell.  If he doesn't drastically change (which I doubt he will) I hope his time runs out. 

The DC needs to be held accountable.  We're in the 2nd quarter of the season and the D ain't looking good.   Something needs to change.

I'd love to have Mike Vrabel as the DC.  I'd also like Ballard to go through an exhaustive DC search, like he did for Shane.  That would prove he is willing to change (hopefully).

vrabel would be a good aggressive attacking style coach

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Putting the injuries aside.   It didn't take nor does it ever take anyone with a common sense of football and good football play to understand that when your team has been a consistent middle of the road mediocre team or worse with the same aspect in their overall player quality and then the GM re-signs or gives extensions to those middle of the road mediocre players that produced those middle of the road results, what did everyone really expect to happen here? That they would magically get better?    It's one thing to want to retain your guys and if your guys are good or great then I totally agree. We all should. But when your guys are just a bunch of jags then you need better guys, not give jag guys contracts that some would argue are deemed for better players.   There are many on this forum that were happy when we signed all these jags and brought them back. Some of us were not.   Who is looking like the smart ones now?   Could it be the ones who always get chastised for being critical?             
    • Im not sure what to make of the Seahawks, I think they can be a really good team but they’re constantly shooting themselves in the foot. Geno has been seeing ghosts tonight and I’m not sure when he started that bad habit. 
    • 😀 Thanks!  First time for us at Nissan Stadium so we shall see.  I am actually hoping to see Treadwell elevated and playing.  He went to HS about 35 minutes from us and graduated a year before my son so we followed his career closely.
    • Not surprised.  That’s Rodgers team lol
    • I was down on Sermon last year because he tried to run before the catch a couple times last year, and dropped easy catches. This year he's caught everything so far, and fights for yards. He ain't JT, but he's as good as anybody else we can trot out there so far.  
  • Members

• stitches

stitches 20,363

• jskinnz

jskinnz 2,702

• richard pallo

richard pallo 9,606

• Indeee

Indeee 1,883

• 1959Colts

1959Colts 3,955

• Snakeman