Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you see any progress with Richardson?

Smonroe

I thought Flacco did pretty dang good. It was nice seeing passes not go over our receivers heads. AR played pretty well in the short time he was in there but I still didn’t see anything that would tell us he’s fixed his accuracy on short/intermediate throws. That being said AR is the starter unless he plays his way out or gets injured again.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I thought Flacco did pretty dang good. It was nice seeing passes not go over our receivers heads. AR played pretty well in the short time he was in there but I still didn’t see anything that would tell us he’s fixed his accuracy on short/intermediate throws. That being said AR is the starter unless he plays his way out or gets injured again.

Holder had a really good tweet and it showed AR footwork was much better then the bears game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

Flacco was good.

I read his QBR was 20 points higher than ARs.

Flacco did his job. I'm not sure i understand why some are putting Flacco down

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ADnum1 said:

Flacco was good.

I read his QBR was 20 points higher than ARs.

Flacco did his job. I'm not sure i understand why some are putting Flacco down

no one is putting him down. He did his job. The offense is limited and we aren’t going to be an explosive offense with Flacco. It will be a boring offense.

On 9/22/2024 at 6:55 PM, Happy2BeHere said:

To early to determine “progress”…more time is needed. It’s highly unusual to see any meaningful progress in a handful of games.

Three weeks into the 2024 season, we are at Gartner Stage 3 with Anthony Richardson. I think this cycle holds for most sports performance vs. expectations (fans and players, both).

Gartner hype cycle 1.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Steichen and AR/Flacco will go to whomever they trust in the moment when the game is on the line. See, every situation is different so saying "you dont..." is kinda stupid, especially coming from someone with nothing more than madden experience ;)
    • People who go to games are not forced to buy parking or concessions. I've gone to a game and not bought anything, and still had a good time.   Your point holds up better when talking about the preseason games.
    • We just played a team with a QB who had been in the building for two weeks, and he only had two incompletions the entire game, and we lost. We played a rookie who had been struggling to move the ball, he put up over 300 yards on us (and a couple turnovers). Justin Fields kind of had his way with the defense in the second half, and if not for a couple of fluky turnovers, the Steelers probably do better than 24 points.   We've played one good QB, and so far, we're 14th in points/game, 29th on 3rd down, 26th in the red zone, 20th in scoring percentage, 19th in points/drive, 23rd in completion percentage against (68.9%, up from 65.1% last season), 23rd in net yards/attempt (which accounts for sacks), 26th in passer rating against. I won't even mention the rushing stats, but we know they're not good (trending much better, but still not good). What's saving the defense right now is a decent sack rate, a decent pressure rate, and a pretty high turnover percentage (8th best).   The sack rate is still kind of troubling, it's about the same as last season, but I think the pressures are coming faster on critical downs. We also struggled to get into pass rush situations in the first two games, and have been looking better the last two games, so I feel like this is trending in the right direction, but it's still a small sample size. This production could be sustainable. The turnover rate, probably not. I expect the turnovers to come down when we play better QBs and offenses.   Two months from now, we will have played Stroud again, Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers, and Jared Goff. (Darnold is in there also, and he's been very effective with the Vikings so far.) Let's see what it looks like after that.   IMO, the defense has been better the past two weeks, but still giving up a lot of yards, and they struggle to get stops in the second half. It seems like the run defense stuff was a fluke, but we'll see. We're still not good in coverage, and it's only when the pass rush is working that we're able to make good things happen.   So I don't think we're being too hard on the defense. The defense is probably below average, and that's after we've faced three mediocre/inexperienced QBs in a row. 
    • Gouging or buying unwanted stuff in order to get the stuff you want is reflective of an un-free market.  Its called captive pricing, reflective of a limited market or a monopoly.   Its not a whole lot different than buying a car that groups option packages.  So in order to get the leather seats, you also have to buy the $350 floor mats.  Except car buyers don't have the captive customers sports teams do.  If they all do it, then there is a  collusionary element to it too, because it inhibits the ability to enjoy a different team.  The choice is to not buy at all, and that's not really a free market.    The free market aspect of it was the guy selling two tickets to pay for that stuff.  He made a decision that unwound the effects of captive pricing on him.  Good for him.,   Don't lecture me on this stuff. 
  • Members

• MikeCurtis

MikeCurtis 4,765

• JAS90

JAS90 0

Rookie
    • Introspect

Introspect 352

• boo2202

boo2202 712

• IndyD4U

IndyD4U 1,478