Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears Defense putting up bb material

Patrick Miller

4 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

not really he was drafted very young and much less experienced than pretty much everyone else.  I think 3-4 years is too long to wait and we are down one already.  

I mean, may it take longer for AR to reach his full potential because of his age, rawness, and lack of experience….maybe yes maybe be no, but that’s for any qb.  There’s maybe one qb every few or so years that comes in and is ready to go.  Look at the past 5-10 drafts and you’ll see what I’m saying.  Even Pat Mahomes had to sit before he touched the field.  Trust me, it’s a short list.  

NFL fans (and teams alike) have been spoiled with the thought of QBs coming in right away and getting into done when in reality that’s not the case.  ARs timeline/trajectory is going to be very similar to Josh Allen’s and tbh Allen didn’t start to really get it until Diggs came around.  A QBs development is dependent upon not just the qb himself, but the personnel, the coaches, the system.  

Question, what would you have done in our situation?  Draft Levis?  I mean, I agree with you, I was one of the people on this board that wanted to do whatever we needed to get stroud, but it didn’t happen.  So We were either going to draft AR or Levis.  And if you didn’t want either one of them then you’re pretty much onboard with a full blown rebuild and waiting until next year because no other qb was worth drafting in the first round.  And to be real, AR would’ve been a top 3 QB in this past draft also.    

On 9/20/2024 at 10:08 AM, shasta519 said:

I hope AR bombs one over this S's head. I don't even care if it's covered and falls incomplete, just bomb it down there to let them know you can.

In the 1982 March Madness Championship Game (Michael Jordon’s Freshman Year), Georgetown’s Patrick Ewing Goal-Tended UNC’s first several shots- just to let them know he could…

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• In the 1982 March Madness Championship Game (Michael Jordon’s Freshman Year), Georgetown’s Patrick Ewing Goal-Tended UNC’s first several shots- just to let them know he could…
    • Now Shane Steichen is incompetent.   
    • Some level of incompetence.
    • This team really isn't as bad as you think. Yes there's things that need to be cleaned up, but it's way too early  to assume what this team is yet. The dline is too talented to stay this bad against the run. It will get fixed. 
    • Not the same Josh Allen who's now the early odds on favorite to win league MVP this season. Seems like AR's stats are better six games in to start his career as compared to Allen at the same juncture. You can see AR's raw talent that's similar to Allen's who also shared the same narrative coming out about accuracy, touch etc BUT the difference is that the Bills were patient in his development and the overall team got better on a yearly basis.   AR basically missed his rookie season early last year so his growing pains will rear its head as he flashes both good and bad plays. The  receivers aren't making it any easier by having some untimely drive stalling drops so far. AR also doesn't have the luxury of an elite TE as a security blanket but the biggest problem is that most Colt fans are getting restless with the consistent ongoing non factor of the team seemingly on a yearly basis which hasn't been good enough to accomplish anything.   Last season created a false narrative that the team was better than they really were because they barely missed the playoffs after losing the last home game to a very young Texan team led by a rookie qb. So instead of upgrading the talent Ballard chose to run it all back with his mostly mediocre team that still has yet to see any type of sustained success even with the help of a nearly last place schedule a season ago.   Ballard's decision to bring back Gus as dc after finishing 28th in points allowed in back to back seasons is mind blowing! The defense is ranked nearly dead last in run defense and 3rd down efficiency so far this season yet the "great" EJ Speed is barking about the offense. Lol Now off to an 0-2 start the patience for AR's early growth will be slim but on the flip slide Ballard has been given an EIGHT yr pass (record wise) of subpar results.
  • Members

• jimmy g

jimmy g 757

• Colts1324

Colts1324 1,079

• IndyD4U

IndyD4U 1,472

• Tsarquise

Tsarquise 1,246

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 3,903

• ProblChld32