Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anthony Richardson TD run!

compuls1v3

1 hour ago, compuls1v3 said:

For all his misses, he certainly would not be denied on that magnificent run to keep our hopes alive.  Our D has got to help him out.  We had one punt, then 3 touchdowns in the 2nd half.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you that Bradley's/Ballards  D will help  much. But AR would probably appreciate more if the OL performed like the pay scale they being paid.

9 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you that Bradley's/Ballards  D will help  much. But AR would probably appreciate more if the OL performed like the pay scale they being paid.

Nah.  I'm not holding my breath.   But AR laid everything out for this team.  https://youtube.com/shorts/_dv6RyItslc?si=hSuCUW2I9ey67XM9

That was a dumb play call by Shane. Take the field goal. It’s a 2 score game. You basically would’ve ended the game if AR didn’t make a Hercules play. Shane is too smart to make dumb choices like that. It worked but it wasn’t smart at all. Also, maybe if they’re up 6, Texans might be a little more conservative knowing we would need a TD to win instead of a field goal?

8 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

That was a dumb play call by Shane. Take the field goal. It’s a 2 score game. You basically would’ve ended the game if AR didn’t make a Hercules play. Shane is too smart to make dumb choices like that. It worked but it wasn’t smart at all. Also, maybe if they’re up 6, Texans might be a little more conservative knowing we would need a TD to win instead of a field goal?

No guarantee we will drive that far to get a TD, it was the right play call. Easier with the clock working against you to hit a few big passes and get in FG range than in TD range. 

If we had more than 4 minutes on the clock, I would have agreed. It was pretty much under 3 minutes then. Even if we got a stop, it would be less than 1 minute 50 seconds to drive for a TD with no timeouts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

No guarantee we will drive that far to get a TD, it was the right play call. Easier with the clock working against you to hit a few big passes and get in FG range than in TD range. 

If we had more than 4 minutes on the clock, I would have agreed. It was pretty much under 3 minutes then. Even if we got a stop, it would be less than 1 minute 50 seconds to drive for a TD. 

Thats more than enough time. Also AR already showed that he’s got more than enough arm strength for the Hail Mary. In a 2 score game the primary objective is to extend the game. Doesn’t matter whether TD or FG. We needed both. You fail on 4th it’s game over. And we had all 3 timeouts. It worked (barely) but it was not the right call imo. 

4 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Thats more than enough time. Also AR already showed that he’s got more than enough arm strength for the Hail Mary. In a 2 score game the primary objective is to extend the game. Doesn’t matter whether TD or FG. We needed both. You fail on 4th it’s game over. And we had all 3 timeouts. It worked (barely) but it was not the right call imo. 

Hail Mary is high percentage over AR's legs, LOL.

Some posters on this forum should go hang out with Tom Coughlin and his conservative ways. Works when you have the Giants' DL and a D that gets the ball back versus the best. Won't work with Gus Bradley calling the shots on D. Gus reduces the margin for error for our offense and QB, sad but true.

Plus, you (and several others on this forum) thinking the Texans' won't pass is laughable because they went for a 2 point conversion they failed on, went for a 4th & 1 for a TD, they don't mind putting the ball in the hands of their best player, Stroud, even if it is 3rd and 2 or 4th & 1, even when they had LOTS of time left on the clock. I will agree to disagree strongly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Some posters on this forum should go hang out with Tom Coughlin and his conservative ways. Works when you have the Giants' DL and a D that gets the ball back versus the best. Won't work with Gus Bradley calling the shots on D. Gus reduces the margin for error for our offense and QB, sad but true.

Plus, you (and several others on this forum) thinking the Texans' won't pass is laughable because they went for a 4th & 1 for a TD, they don't mind putting the ball in the hands of their best player, Stroud, even if it is 3rd and 2 or 4th & 1, even when they had LOTS of time left on the clock. I will agree to disagree strongly

The reason they went for the TD on the 4th & goal was because the TD would put them up 2 scores as opposed to the FG only putting them up 5 whereas we could’ve came down and won it with a TD. Worst case scenario they’re still up 2 and we’re backed up at the 1.

They don’t believe in Stroud so much that they don’t kick field goals or never punt. He’s human & so are their coaches. They can get conservative at times like anyone else. Knowing they’re up 6 and a field goal can’t beat them might’ve given DeMeco Ryans a little more confidence that his defense could keep us out of the end zone as opposed to just a field goal.  

We’ll never know now but I just didn’t like deciding the game on 1 play when we needed 2 scores and had all 3 of our timeouts.  Extend the game when it’s a 2 possession game.  Down 4,5, or 6 go for it and worst case scenario we have them backed up with all 3 timeouts still.