Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

COLTS KICKOFF CONCERT 2024?

Nancy

I'm hoping there is another kickoff concert this season.  The last 2 years Mr. Irsay and his band have rocked LOS!

I know he's still healing from some surgeries, but hoping he will still host the concert like the past 2 years.  Those were absolutely amazing with his collection and the musicians that played!

Has anyone heard anything or have some insight?  It usually happens right before the 1st game.

Thank you! GO!! :coltslogo:

• Like 4

Went to ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd concert last night and ZZ Top band member chanted COLTS and gave AR a shout out. He was wearing a slick Colt’s belt buckle too. I imagine they have spent some time with Jim and he probably has an item or 2 of theirs in his collection. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Went to ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd concert last night and ZZ Top band member chanted COLTS and gave AR a shout out. He was wearing a slick Colt’s belt buckle too. I imagine they have spent some time with Jim and he probably has an item or 2 of theirs in his collection. 

I think I saw him play with the Irsay band the first year!  If you haven't been to any of the Irsay kickoff concerts...it's a must!  I just hope the team is having something again!  How'd you enjoy the concert?  I'm sure it was pretty awesome last night!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted the Colt's front office and I was told there WILL NOT BE any Colts Kickoff Concert this year!  I have loved the last 2 years with Mr. Irsay's band but before that they did bands on Georgia Street!  Wonder why no event to get the fans excited about the season?  It has just been a tradition before the season starts!  I think they slacked off a little but anyways GO COLTS!:cheer:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nancy said:

I contacted the Colt's front office and I was told there WILL NOT BE any Colts Kickoff Concert this year!  I have loved the last 2 years with Mr. Irsay's band but before that they did bands on Georgia Street!  Wonder why no event to get the fans excited about the season?  It has just been a tradition before the season starts!  I think they slacked off a little but anyways GO COLTS!:cheer:

I don’t think Jim’s health has been well enough for them to prepare this year. Hopefully he continues to get his strength back as the season rolls on. 

I guess we could all form our own band and play on the sidewalks around the stadium? lol…

• Like 1

On 8/28/2024 at 2:49 PM, RollerColt said:

I don’t think Jim’s health has been well enough for them to prepare this year. Hopefully he continues to get his strength back as the season rolls on. 

I guess we could all form our own band and play on the sidewalks around the stadium? lol…

Sure, I'll watch you! lol  I could do the cowbell though!

• Like 2

On 8/28/2024 at 2:49 PM, RollerColt said:

My crew tailgates right next to the Gordon Pipers every game, so atleast we get to hear them warm up before we blast our bluetooth speaker!

piper GIF

• Like 2

I'm upset I never got a chance to see his awesome collection of things. Hopefully it happens again soon. 

Live in NJ and I'm actually attending something similar for the NYG 100th season celebration this Friday. It's free so I figured why not.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2024 at 1:34 PM, IinD said:

I'm upset I never got a chance to see his awesome collection of things. Hopefully it happens again soon. 

Live in NJ and I'm actually attending something similar for the NYG 100th season celebration this Friday. It's free so I figured why not.

I think he'll have it again, it is very awesome! The whole event was amazing!  The event was free after you registered, Mr. Irsay gave away $ vouchers at the door and you could get a few to purchase drinks & food!  It was a great collection and the concert was top notch!  It was a full blown concert! Plus he had Criss Angel do a magic stunt! We had a blast!  Hope you get to experience sometime!

• Like 2