Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Preseason Games 2024

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I'm a relative youngster on the forum (turned 36 this year, though my students think I'm a dinosaur...). I'm in southeastern Indiana and part of the greater Cincinnati area. Colts, Bengals and Bears have always been what my families have supported. Colts were always my #1 team, even at a super young age when they were terrible lol...

Ironically enough, being a follower of Chicago at a young age introduced me to Brett Favre. Loved his gunslinger mentality as a QB. Ever since then I usually am pro Green Bay unless they play one of my other teams. 

Since I'm not a diehard Chicago fan, I found the Aaron Rodgers "I OWN YOU" game as hilarious. My Chicago family members weren't as amused hahaha... Stuff like that makes football fun. 

Yeah, Packers Bears is the best rivalry in sports, but it really has not been a real rivalry for over 30 years. The Packers do own the Bears.

And I don't know what happened to my post that was directed at someone else, but yes we shall see how 2024 turns out. The last 3 were handed to the Colts.😏

4 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

Yeah, Packers Bears is the best rivalry in sports, but it really has not been a real rivalry for over 30 years. The Packers do own the Bears.

Bears with Williams should help make it interesting at least. I'm not a big believer in Eberflus, but who knows. It'd be great to have the rivalry back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Bears with Williams should help make it interesting at least. I'm not a big believer in Eberflus, but who knows. It'd be great to have the rivalry back. 

We will see how Caleb performs against real  defenses that game planned for him. I have no opinion at all about any rookie QB until I see him on the grass in an actual NFL game.

4 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

We will see how Caleb performs against real  defenses that game planned for him. I have no opinion at all about any rookie QB until I see him on the grass in an actual NFL game.

Quite valid. It's anyone's guess at the moment. 

4 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Quite valid. It's anyone's guess at the moment. 

It will say that Jordan Love, Jared Goff, and possibly Caleb are clearly the top 3 QBs in the North this season.

The NFC North is one of the best divisions in football. The Packers, Lions, and Bears will proudly be proving that for years to come.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Congratulations packers, btw... Their backups totally annihilated Broncos starters as it was advertised here lmao

The over-dramatic trailers seen here before the game made it seem like packers are the second coming of Genghis Khan. Thankfully, this World will continue to live....

Don't bait/provoke the Packers fan.

It won't be pretty when the Packers starters annihilate our Vikings.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It won't be pretty when the Packers starters annihilate our Vikings.

I was looking forward to seeing JJ play. I know you said you feel Sam would have started even before JJ's injury, but I am not so sure. Unfortunately none of us got to find out.

35 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

It will say that Jordan Love, Jared Goff, and possibly Caleb are clearly the top 3 QBs in the North this season.

The NFC North is one of the best divisions in football. The Packers, Lions, and Bears will proudly be proving that for years to come.

I agree. You’ll find over time that I often root for franchises that have never won the big one before, especially if the Colts are out of contention. I like parity and seeing fan bases come together. 

I’d be happy to see a Bengals vs. Lions Super Bowl because one suffering fan base would finally taste the glory lol…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, that was fun, reasoning for it totally unfounded, but still fun.

The Packers destroyed the Ravens in a joint practice in Green Bay on Thursday. 

Probable that neither team plays any starters on Saturday. Lamar Jackson already said he isn't playing, and Matt LaFleur is close to saying the same about J-Love.

On 8/20/2024 at 5:09 AM, RollerColt said:

I agree. You’ll find over time that I often root for franchises that have never won the big one before, especially if the Colts are out of contention. I like parity and seeing fan bases come together. 

I’d be happy to see a Bengals vs. Lions Super Bowl because one suffering fan base would finally taste the glory lol…

That'd be the first ever Super Bowl to end with No Result,No Winner :funny: at least both of them could avoid Loser tag in that case, if that's a solace :hissy:

On 8/19/2024 at 7:39 PM, RollerColt said:

I would love to watch that; I was hoping for a Pacers/Timberwolves NBA Finals. Screw the ratings I say. 

9 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

That'd be the first ever Super Bowl to end with No Result,No Winner :funny: at least both of them could avoid Loser tag in that case, if that's a solace :hissy:

Knowing my luck the field would just implode…

• Like 1

On 8/19/2024 at 7:39 PM, RollerColt said:

I mostly feel the same but I don't mind well run and "classy" teams winning again.  I'd rather see Buffalo vs the Lions.

Vikings announced their first group of cuts. These were the easier cuts:

OL Matt Cindric

QB Matt Corral

OL Chuck Filiaga

WR Justin Hall

RB Mohamed Ibrahim

TE Neal Johnson

DL Tyler Manoa

RB DeWayne McBride

OL Doug Nester

OLB Owen Porter

TE Sammis Reyes