Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Move - Mayflower (Episode 3)

CR91

• Nadine changed the title to The Move - Mayflower (Episode 3)
4 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Biggest takeaway from episode 3 -- the reason they left in the middle of the night was that the city of Baltimore was about to vote to force the Colts to stay through Eminent Domain.

Yep. That’s exactly right. 

• Like 1

I was a freshman done at Bloomington when this happened. I came up and see my mom and she went to Ls Ayers‘ and got me a Colts shirt. She passed away in 1992 just eight years later, but this is just one of many memories that I have that makes me smile when I think about her

• Like 2

On 7/8/2024 at 5:37 PM, John Hammonds said:

Biggest takeaway from episode 3 -- the reason they left in the middle of the night was that the city of Baltimore was about to vote to force the Colts to stay through Eminent Domain.

Yep and it’s a long known, albeit oft forgotten in the Irsay hate, reason. 

Do you all think Indianapolis would of gotten an expansion team if Irsay did take them to Arizona? Building the RCA dome (the name I remember growing up) before having a team was a huge gamble that paid off.

Hard to think of the city without a football team since they always had one growing up. Along with having the Pacers. Didn't need a major league baseball team IMO. Cheap tickets to the Indians were good enough.

On 7/10/2024 at 10:13 AM, KB said:

Do you all think Indianapolis would of gotten an expansion team if Irsay did take them to Arizona? Building the RCA dome (the name I remember growing up) before having a team was a huge gamble that paid off.

Hard to think of the city without a football team since they always had one growing up. Along with having the Pacers. Didn't need a major league baseball team IMO. Cheap tickets to the Indians were good enough.

That's a great what-if. Eventually, but the jags and Panthers had to wait til 96. That was a full decade by the time the colts left Baltimore. Not sure how patient the people of Indianapolis would have been to keep paying taxes for a stadium that didn't host a team

• Like 1