Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BREAKING: NFL loses HUGE in Sunday Ticket Lawsuit

NewColtsFan

When I say lose huge this is what I mean…. 

The NFL has to pay $4.7 BILLION for breaking anti-trust lawsuit.   

BUT WAIT!!   It gets much worse!

Because it’s anti-trust that can turn into triple damages which means $14 Bill+

Now before you shout “Good!  I HATE the NFL!”  And you’re glad they lost, think of the broader implications…

The NFL gets $20 bill in income yearly.  Losing $14 bill is going to badly mess with the entire league.   Remember the 2020 and 21 seasons badly impacted by Covid.  Team salary caps took a big hit.  Rosters got messed up.  This would be even BIGGER.  

FWIW:   The NFL says it will appeal.  

For more Google: NFL Lawsuit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

When I say lose huge this is what I mean…. 

The NFL has to pay $4.7 BILLION for breaking anti-trust lawsuit.   

BUT WAIT!!   It gets much worse!

Because it’s anti-trust that can turn into triple damages which means $14 Bill+

Now before you shout “Good!  I HATE the NFL!”  And you’re glad they lost, think of the broader implications…

The NFL gets $20 bill in income yearly.  Losing $14 bill is going to badly mess with the entire league.   Remember the 2020 and 21 seasons badly impacted by Covid.  Team salary caps took a big hit.  Rosters got messed up.  This would be even BIGGER.  

FWIW:   The NFL says it will appeal.  

For more Google: NFL Lawsuit

This makes me so happy. It's Karma for all the lies and deception the NFL has put out since recently. They supposedly care about player safety, so lets add a week to the regular season with plans to add more. All these international games where teams have to travel more and the fans get less home games. All the games now that are going to be on various streaming services off TV where people can't watch them with their family. The blatant terrible refereeing the last few years in order to rig games and expecting people not to notice. The Taylor Swift crap this last year where they sold their soul.

It's all about money. That's all the NFL cares about. We are trash to them. The players are trash to them unless they make the NFL money. I hope the NFL has to pay out $14B. This would be exactly what they deserve for ruining this sport to the point where it's almost unwatchable now.

• Like 1

The judge will be hearing a motion to set aside the jury verdict, which apparently is allowed in a case like this. That means he could invalidate the verdict if he sees fit. It's worth noting that the judge was highly critical of the plaintiff's case and the way they chose to argue it. I don't know if that means anything, but it's interesting.

It's also interesting that the NFL's appeal would go to the US Ninth Circuit court, which is the same court that reinstated this case after it had been previously dismissed. 

• Like 1

I have been lucky to live in Indy my whole life, great state and the city of Indianapolis has provided me with Indy 500's from 1979 (1st race I went too as a kid) - up through 1998 that I will never forget as far as racers and partying (Rick Mears is the GOAT). Indianapolis has brought me 9 Final 4's from the Pacers = 1994, 95, 98, 99, 2000, 2004, 2013, 2014, and 2024 + the Finals in 2000. Thanks Reggie, Paul, and Haliburton. It has brought me a World Championship in 2006/07 by Peyton regarding Colts football, love you Peyton. Now I even have Clark in the WNBA, I don't have to worry about watching any of it is my point because I live in Indiana, it's all on locally.Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been lucky to live in Indy my whole life, great state and the city of Indianapolis has provided me with Indy 500's from 1979 (1st race I went too as a kid) - up through 1998 that I will never forget as far as racers and partying (Rick Mears is the GOAT). Indianapolis has brought me 9 Final 4's from the Pacers = 1994, 95, 98, 99, 2000, 2004, 2013, 2014, and 2024 + the Finals in 2000. Thanks Reggie, Paul, and Haliburton. It has brought me a World Championship in 2006/07 by Peyton regarding Colts football, love you Peyton. Now I even have Clark in the WNBA, I don't have to worry about watching any of it is my point because I live in Indiana, it's all on locally.Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

Unfortunately, (Or fortunately) I have NEVER lived in Indy

I'm from Ohio, but would take Atlanta and Dallas weather any day of the week over Indy weather.  

I could see the Colts in the playoffs or at a bar on Sundays (On the 2-3 years that I didnt get Sunday ticket)

I am waiting for my $100k check from the NFL !!!

:)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Unfortunately, (Or fortunately) I have NEVER lived in Indy

I'm from Ohio, but would take Atlanta and Dallas weather any day of the week over Indy weather.  

I could see the Colts in the playoffs or at a bar on Sundays (On the 2-3 years that I didnt get Sunday ticket)

I am waiting for my $100k check from the NFL !!!

:)

Surprisingly the last 2 winters here haven't been that bad. Very little snow or ice and above temperatures. Usually here we only have 4 months where it can be bad = December-March. It's been in the 90's here for a week now, too humid really.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Surprisingly the last 2 winters here haven't been that bad. Very little snow or ice and above temperatures. Usually here we only have 4 months where it can be bad = December-March. It's been in the 90's here for a week now, too humid really.

What part of Ohio?

I was born in Circleville and spent time in Columbus then Cincinnati 

From what I understand is it revolves around having to pay for all games when the only team you want to watch is your favorite. Now a counter to that is your team plays at noon but lets say an AFC South team is playing the second game. I would want to watch that game as well. Watching Boomer & Gio last Friday Boomer said this case. could drag on for years. Boomer mentioned when the USFL sued the NFL and won the amount of the settlement was three dollars. That says a lot.