Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2024, surprise playoff teams

Is it too early ? 

I think Syracuse is going to shock a lot of people. First time head coach who is a very good recruiter and got a lot of nice transfers. I think Kyle McCord going to eat up ACC defenses and their very favorable early schedule should allow the squad to mesh and backups get some significant early which should help later in the season.

Kansas State not as much a surprise but not many picking them to make the playoffs. Very good HC who has one of the best winning % among active coaches, Young QB who flashed when called in late last season. Very good rb's and no real stud Big 12 team (Utah likely biggest threat) to have to go through with Texas and Oklahoma gone.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think Tennessee is a dark horse contender for the playoffs. Defensive line is gonna be pretty good. Lots of playmakers return on offense including Bru McCoy and a transfer WR Brazzell. Also have 5 star QB Iamaleava (sp?) back to lead the way. He had a very good showing against an Iowa defense in the bowl game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2024 at 1:28 PM, landrus13 said:

I think Tennessee is a dark horse contender for the playoffs. Defensive line is gonna be pretty good. Lots of playmakers return on offense including Bru McCoy and a transfer WR Brazzell. Also have 5 star QB Iamaleava (sp?) back to lead the way. He had a very good showing against an Iowa defense in the bowl game.

Vols have a shot depending how badly the SEC beats each other up. Bama down a bit but Ole Miss up,  I think Texas picked 2nd in SEC is a bit high lost 2 elite wr's and though signed 2 transfer to replace think that fall off will come into play. Not to mention also lost a RB who was the 1st rb selected in the draft.

SEC could get as many as 4 in the playoffs (3 more likely but).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2024 at 8:24 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Is it too early ? 

I think Syracuse is going to shock a lot of people. First time head coach who is a very good recruiter and got a lot of nice transfers. I think Kyle McCord going to eat up ACC defenses and their very favorable early schedule should allow the squad to mesh and backups get some significant early which should help later in the season.

Kansas State not as much a surprise but not many picking them to make the playoffs. Very good HC who has one of the best winning % among active coaches, Young QB who flashed when called in late last season. Very good rb's and no real stud Big 12 team (Utah likely biggest threat) to have to go through with Texas and Oklahoma gone.

Syracuse got zero votes last week and took down Ga Tech who was at 22. McCord is putting up Madden numbers after two games with 750 yards and 8 tds. Oronde Gasden Jr may be the best TE in the nation if not def on a short list. Their D played much better then last week and now have some more winnable games (Though UNLV may be the best Group of 5 team in the nation).