Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

*Trade SNEED and pick 15

So it’s pretty much a done deal colts inactive because they’re working on a deal with sneed. Ballard using his KC ties to snag an elite corner . The only hold up is the contract as this will be a side and trade . The question is what do the colts do with Pick 15? Our pass rush was ok could use some work . Man bowers is tempting . The only way this deal goes under if Ballard isn’t willing to give a 2nd rounder and pay sneed. Other then that it’s done. 

8 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

If it goes through, it's going to be a 1st and 3rd, at least. 

I don’t think it’ll be a 1st not saying he’s not worth it . But they’d have to pay him and KC don’t have the money . It’ll be a second possible a 4 or 5th to go with it . So this is interesting to me because the colts held back on spending . Everyone else spent money . The suitor for this need money and picks . If they asked for a first I wouldn’t do it .. I’ll draft Mitchell 

I wouldn’t deal the 2nd rounder straight up for Sneed. For me to make the deal I’d prefer to do one of the following…

Give KC our 2nd and 5th for Sneed and KC’s 2nd.

Give KC our 3rd and 5th for Sneed. 

• Like 3

Why all the acceptance of the idea that trading for Sneed is a good idea at all. This is similar to the Buckner acquisition.

The usefulness of free agency is in the ability to pay top dollar to fill a need without using draft capital. We should make the tough choice and try to land an elite corner, if that is the top priority. Giving up a first or even second round pick, and then being strapped with 80 million dollar contract is no way to get ahead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigdaddylip said:

Why all the acceptance of the idea that trading for Sneed is a good idea at all. This is similar to the Buckner acquisition.

The usefulness of free agency is in the ability to pay top dollar to fill a need without using draft capital. We should make the tough choice and try to land an elite corner, if that is the top priority. Giving up a first or even second round pick, and then being strapped with 80 million dollar contract is no way to get ahead.

Think harder

8 hours ago, Bigdaddylip said:

Well if you sure up that side yes you’ll have to pay but atleast it’s an elite player . You can take the 15th pick and keep trading down accumulating draft picks .. a lot moves can be down but to sit and watch all the top players go interesting to be honest I’d trade next years 2nd and this years 5th . Tennessee spending and Houston building we cannot sit back and watch 

• Like 1