Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caitlin Clark selected #1 by Fever/ Fever 2024 Season Thread **Updated title**

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Clark and the Fever take out the Linx to improve to 11-14. Fever are now a game ahead of the Sky for the 7th spot in the playoffs. Only 8 teams get in. The Linx are coached by Cheryl Reeve who is going to coach of the USA Olympic Team. Before the game she was blowing questions off and being rude about Clark not being on the team. Clark got wind of it and Clark took it personal. At the end of the game, Clark was seen clapping in front of Reeve's face, staring her down in front of a sellout crowd at Minnesota in which 75% of the people were Fever fans lmao . Poke the Polar Bear, that is what you get The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO).

I don't think anyone has ever poked a Polar Bear and had enough time to meet another human and tell the story :D

• Like 2

On 7/16/2024 at 8:20 PM, RollerColt said:

Its gonna be a heck of a thing if the Women’s team falls short of a gold medal. 

They are many levels above anyone else so doubt that happens... Also why they're not in hurry to include her, and she could use more time to prepare for next Olympics. Only sad thing is the way the team and coach have addressed her non-inclusion. 

2 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

They are many levels above anyone else so doubt that happens... Also why they're not in hurry to include her, and she could use more time to prepare for next Olympics. Only sad thing is the way the team and coach have addressed her non-inclusion. 

Even though the Fever lost last night, she had 24 points and 19 Assists. 19 freakin Assists! Keeping her off the team because she is a rookie is lame. I think she was kept off the team because the other players are jealous and didn't want her on it. Instead, they have a 42-year old Diana Taurasi on it who is hobbled just because of her name. Keeping Clark off that team is like keeping a young Magic Johnson off the men's Olympic team - it would never happen. As far as Clark and Angel Reese go, Clark is the much better player. Only thing Reese does better is, rebounding. She should being 6'3. Clark is the better scorer, passer, defender, and 3-point shooter. Comparing Reese to Clark is like trying to compare Rodman to Curry Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad that viewership is down for USA women's team (not that, that means anything). They missed a huge opportunity to help build the game in the future by leaving Clark of the Olympic team. 4 more years till that can happen again, now. It really seems as if people are not watching in protest to Clark not being on the team. Not just on TV though, they have had the lowest attendance of all countries so far at the games, with crowds taunting them too. Not that I support that, just saying, that decision to leave her off is affecting everyone. Even when they win the 🥇 , they've had to play in front of empty seats and crowds not being too friendly. Their overall mental experience has been affected negatively at least a little bit. Losing to the WNBA all stars didn't help either. :facepalm:

They won't have any issue winning gold, this was about connecting new generations. Rather disappointing.

Not as disappointing as the overall agenda in the WNBA against Clark. What she has had to go through is just ridiculous. Like it's ok to admit, she has increased the viewership. While doing so, why don't you thank her, and quit taking cheap shots on her.

There is literally no debate between her and Angel Reese for ROY. It is so overwhelmingly in Clark's favor it isn't even funny. Angel been padding her stats all year as well(I saw 3-4 times in the double-double streak, her keep it alive in last :20, in a game that was already decided, like she tried to do against NY, when they put 4 people on her). If Clark loses, I don't even know what would happen, that would be wild. 

Forrest Gump GIF by GrayDuckDent

• Like 3

On 8/2/2024 at 11:26 PM, w87r said:

I'm glad that viewership is down for USA women's team (not that, that means anything). They missed a huge opportunity to help build the game in the future by leaving Clark of the Olympic team. 4 more years till that can happen again, now. It really seems as if people are not watching in protest to Clark not being on the team. Not just on TV though, they have had the lowest attendance of all countries so far at the games, with crowds taunting them too. Not that I support that, just saying, that decision to leave her off is affecting everyone. Even when they win the 🥇 , they've had to play in front of empty seats and crowds not being too friendly. Their overall mental experience has been affected negatively at least a little bit. Losing to the WNBA all stars didn't help either. :facepalm:

They won't have any issue winning gold, this was about connecting new generations. Rather disappointing.

Not as disappointing as the overall agenda in the WNBA against Clark. What she has had to go through is just ridiculous. Like it's ok to admit, she has increased the viewership. While doing so, why don't you thank her, and quit taking cheap shots on her.

There is literally no debate between her and Angel Reese for ROY. It is so overwhelmingly in Clark's favor it isn't even funny. Angel been padding her stats all year as well(I saw 3-4 times in the double-double streak, her keep it alive in last :20, in a game that was already decided, like she tried to do against NY, when they put 4 people on her). If Clark loses, I don't even know what would happen, that would be wild. 

Forrest Gump GIF by GrayDuckDent

Yeah, can’t use the “she’s too young argument” when you consider Michael Phelps was tossed into his first Olympics when he was only 15. 

When she inevitably plays in LA 4 years from now it will probably be the best TV ratings for women’s basketball. 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Clark 29 points and 10 assists. Fever take out the Mercury with Taurasi, Copper, Griner. All 3 made the Olympic Team. Fever now 12-15.

Although good for the Fever, I am not a fan of the number of teams that make the WNBA playoffs.  The Fever are nearly a lock to make the playoffs despite being 3 games under .500.

23 hours ago, Myles said:

Although good for the Fever, I am not a fan of the number of teams that make the WNBA playoffs.  The Fever are nearly a lock to make the playoffs despite being 3 games under .500.

13-15 now, Clark just had another big game. The Fever started 0-6, since then they have been 13-9. They are in the 7th spot out of 12 teams. I would say after the slow start, not too bad. I didn't expect the Fever to do much this year and they have already overachieved. They were terrible last year. I am ok with 8 teams making it, the NBA does the same thing. It gives all the teams a chance to play for something. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

13-15 now, Clark just had another big game. The Fever started 0-6, since then they have been 13-9. They are in the 7th spot out of 12 teams. I would say after the slow start, not too bad. I didn't expect the Fever to do much this year and they have already overachieved. They were terrible last year. I am ok with 8 teams making it, the NBA does the same thing. It gives all the teams a chance to play for something. 

Yeah, but being a lock for the playoffs with a record under .500 doesn't seem right to me.